Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

That was me that crashed at BHF!!!

947 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  ClevisR6 
#1 ·
Well, i biffed at BHF. I'll post some pics when i get them. I ended up talking to some of you guys after the fact. My head was a little screwed up for a couple hours after the crash.... I was the 03 R6 with primered fiberglass and blue tank #146.

I dislocated my shoulder and have a displaced corocoid fracture and glenoid fracture. I have a CAT scan next week and possible surgery so i won't keep dislocating afterwards.

According to the GF, i was on my way to a 1:25 when i crashed, which would have been fast for me. I had been doing 1:28's and started the day in the 1:30's. On the lap before the crash I caught up to the next control rider and got waved by, got a good drive off of 7, no traffic, and by the time my GF saw me @ turn 3, i was 3 seconds ahead of where i was previously. Coming through 3 i ended up dragging something (according to the corner worker), and it upset the bike enough for me to go off the track and crash.

I would like to think i was on my to a bump..... :laughing

Thanks to you guys for the little talk after i crashed, i hope to heal up and get out there again asap!!

so far i need a subframe and stock slip on for an 03 R6.... so far, i have some of the other things. anyone.....

See less See more
#3 ·
Ouch! I dislocated my shoulder at BHF about a year and a half ago. Somehow, I managed to NOT break any bones. The sling sucks, therapy goes pretty quick if you do their exercises a couple times a day.

#6 · (Edited)
Clevis....that was you that came by the CLSB/TeamGoFast pits by T5 with the bandaged shoulder?

Take it easy with that shoulder and heal up quick. I hope you learned what you did wrong...hopefully the CR was able to help you piece everything together.

Just be glad it happened in a controlled environment like the track and not on the street.

#7 ·
ClevisR6 said:
so far i need a subframe and stock slip on for an 03 R6.... so far, i have some of the other things. anyone.....
Subframes are notoriously easy to break on those bikes for some reason. If it's possible, I'd try and find somebody to fix it. Even then, EVERY time the bike goes down the subframe will probably snap at the weld.

Stock slip on for the bike should be really easy to find on Ebay or the R6 forum. Try posting on the R6 forum (I'm sure there's one), somebody probably has one they'd part with.

#8 ·
Sorry about the crash. Don't mess around like I did. Get your shoulder done early.

Jeffrey Visotsky MD
IL Bone and Joint.
150 N. River #100
DesPlaines, IL 60016
(847) 375-3000

One of the best shoulder cutters out there. Shitty communicator. A little ADHD cooking in there...

#10 ·
If anyone knows who the CR was that may be able to shed some light on what i did, let me know.... memory is kind of hazy :laughing
From what i gather, i need to work on my body position so i don't drag parts...
do some that that weighting the outside footpeg that you guys are talking about.

Getting the shoulder fixed asap. I'm at the mercy of the HMO :bangin
It looks good though, a fellow student is getting the same surgery done (same clinic, same shitty insurance) so hopefully that will happen in a couple weeks. The dr is supposed to be the best shoulder guy at UIC....

sscustoms-The 04 and 03 are a little different, i think the 04 is a tiny bit larger, but i think it may work. I'll have to check it out. what do you want for it?

Kruz- looks like i wouldn't have needed that heater anyway :laughing

#12 ·
I was about two bikes behind you when it happened Clevis. I didn't get to see how you went down, so I can't be much help there. A guy on a sharkskin'd 916 (not a CR) was right behind you and followed you off the track. He might have had the best view. I talked to him about it after the session and he thought you just tucked the front - so who knows?

Either way I'm glad you're relatively okay. I'm also glad I didn't target fixate and run your ass over!

Heal up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.