Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Looking for Recommendation for Riding Gloves

550 views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  shadrach 
#1 ·
Looking for a comfortable summer-season riding glove.

I personally like gel type gloves...but what is everyone else wearing this riding season?

Kaos

#4 ·
kc6 said:
I went with the alpinestar smx-3's for the street. Kinda minimalistic, but they actually fit my hand well enough and are comfortable on the controls. I sound like a squid, lol

Its no shame to sound like one...LOL...every once and a GREAT while. I sound more like a squid than anyone here lately.

Kaos

#5 ·
ill_ag said:
i have the alpinestars smx-1 and the joe rocket phoenix gloves. i like both, although I wish they covered my wrists.
+1 on the JR Phoenix. Much better than my fingerless workout gloves. :laughing

#6 ·
EndlessRR said:
+1 on the JR Phoenix. Much better than my fingerless workout gloves. :laughing
yeah but i ride 100% of the time with at LEAST a helmet and gloves. so those a good for around town when I am going back and forth to class. I don't wear them on longer rides-- but then again I don't wear the phoenix jacket on longer rides either. it's a shame to not wear the leather when u have it.

#7 ·
ill_ag said:
yeah but i ride 100% of the time with at LEAST a helmet and gloves. so those a good for around town when I am going back and forth to class. I don't wear them on longer rides-- but then again I don't wear the phoenix jacket on longer rides either. it's a shame to not wear the leather when u have it.
Oh, i gear up on ALL rides. Lid, jacket, gloves, and sometimes a back protector. Riding without gloves feels weird and same with the lid. Plus, my new jacket looks bad ass. :laughing

#8 ·
I bought these last year and they are all I ever wear:
http://www.newenough.com/held_ninja_glove_page.htm

Held are top-notch quality...

I decided to spend the extra $$ as I wanted as much protection on my hands as I could get. From many snowboarding falls I realized that I almost always put my hands out to stop my fall, even though I know I shouldn't do it. So I'm going to assume that in a get-off my hands (palms) will get their fair share of a beating...

#11 ·
Held are top-notch quality...

I decided to spend the extra $$ as I wanted as much protection on my hands as I could get. From many snowboarding falls I realized that I almost always put my hands out to stop my fall, even though I know I shouldn't do it. So I'm going to assume that in a get-off my hands (palms) will get their fair share of a beating...[/QUOTE]

Those are nice, but I personaly like the palm area to be in suede instead of standard leather. The suede seems to hold the rubber of the grips better. I would like to get the aplinestars that are ~$250.00. I forget the name of them off hand. They are the most expensive ones they make (of course). I just can't bring myself to spen that much on gloves :rolleyes

#15 ·
I have been looking at the Joe Rocket GPX Gloves for around $100. I had an expensive pair of Dainese and you don't always get more by paying more. The damn things basically came apart with only about 2 MAYBE 3 years of riding with 1 yr only gettin 2000 miles in. :rolleyes

I'm also looking at Alpinestar as I have heard great things about them. ;)

I have a pair of Teknic right now that seem to be good, but I want a Leather palm instead of the padded palm I have now. I don't get the "FEEL" of the bike.

#17 ·
i have alpinestar sp-s gloves. they are not gauntlet gloves but they are nice and comfortable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.