Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Am I crazy if I do 4 track days in a row?

541 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  TheGrouch 
#1 ·
May 28-29 Putnam Park with Curve Chasers then DESMO
May 30-31 Road America with NESBA

Am I gonna die?

#2 ·
Yes, you will die. It will be far safer to run an experiment first. I will volunteer, if you pay the track fees I will make sure it is safe to do 4 days in a row. The peace of mind you will potentially have is well worth the cost of the experiment.

#6 ·
No you're not going to die. There is nothing that will make you better than track time. Just go at your own pace. Go watch an actual WERA or CCS race. Watch the guy thats been racing for a decade. Watch him pass new guys on new 750s while he still races a 6 year old 600. It's expereince first. Set up second. And a little bit of luck brining up the rear! :)

#7 ·
Yeah, the travelling is gonna suck, looks like I'll be driving a total of 18 hours in those few days, but that's actually not too bad as long as my cheap $200 trailer with 8" tires can take it.

I think I'm gonna sign up. I've got 3 weeks between my graduation and June 6 when I start work to fit in as many track days and well, drinking parties, as I possibly can. I guess I can take it real easy the first day at Road America since I've never been there before and use that as sorta a rest day :cruise

#8 ·
vimkgt said:
Y but that's actually not too bad as long as my cheap $200 trailer with 8" tires can take it.
Bring axle grease for the trailer and make sure you take care of that between trips! Also, you may want to spring for a set of 12 inch tires just to make it safer.

#9 ·
Honestly...you're pissing away money and you won't enjoy it unless you're in tip top super duper condition. Also if you're on the track tired, you'll tend to have slower reaction times and make mistakes trying to overcompensate. You'll be a hazard to yourself and other riders on the track.

Be smart and pick one pair of days to enjoy and go hit the other track on some other days when you're fresh. Remember, stupid can be expen$ive...

#10 ·
Damnit, won't be a problem anymore, just talked to my parents and we have some relatives visiting from overseas and I have to stay in the weekend. No Putnam then, just RA for me. At least I won't be worried about being one tired ass mofo on the track anymore :moped

#11 ·
I'm doing three days back to back in June at the Autobahn. I have been working on fitness for the whole winter season to try and be ready for it. I'll still be working on relaxing, being smooth and conserving energy while riding on the track in the meantime. I can't wait though. Btw, I'll be at Road America on the 30th.

Driving all that way after the second Putnam track day, and then getting up to do Road America would have been a bit much. At least Road America is a more restfull track, with all it's long straights. It's a moot point now, but you might not have died. See you there.

#12 · (Edited)
Yeah it certainly gets tiring... last Saturday I did 1 day at Putnam going on just 1.5 hours of sleep and I tell you, I was so tired on the drive back home that I couldn't even make the 2 hr drive back home without pitting in to take a rest at the rest areas.

Oddly enough, that happened to be the day I went the fastest I've ever gone and the CR still told me that I was smooth and consistent... go figure

#13 ·
I agree with Ernie. At the end of the 2nd trackday I'm pretty tuckered out. I never do the last sessions because I don't think I should be out there unless I'm 100%.

That's cool you're still doing RA. Awesome track, I just hope its pretty warm for ya.

#14 ·
That's funny! "Pitting in" at rest stops. See how this track riding alters your entire thinking process?

Hi Jon,

I bet you were too tired to fight the bike, so you let it have it's own way, which makes most everything go better anyway. The bike already knows what to do, we just try learn to interfere as little as possible.

#15 ·
The bike already knows what to do, we just try learn to interfere as little as possible.
So I don't have to actually RIDE my bike? If you see me whispering into the left radiator of my RC at Blackhawk, this is what's being said:

"Go run some 1:18s and then smoke the rear exiting T5 on the cool down lap...I'll be over here having a Guinness!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.