What Should I Get ? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

The Drag Strip learn and share, also talk about your favorite drag strips.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

What Should I Get ?

I have a real limited budget and was wondering what I need for drags.I know I need an air shifter and I will have an extended arm.What about drag bars ,autoshift,etc.It will be a turbo hayabusa and it will do double duty as a street bike.What is best street /drag tire pirelli ,shinko,michelin.Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated,also a source for used or cheap parts would work.Thanks, Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 11:31 PM

What do you plan on competing in? Pick a class and build to that. Just remember a competitive strip bike wont be streetable. If its just for grudge and running with the boys. How fast do ya wanna go speed is money.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Where are the races?

Sportbike: 01 Busa
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: cant remeber!

Send a message via AIM to twistedspeed
Once you have the bike get a extended swingarm,air shifter,pwer comander,exhaust, with all that the bike will run some sweet numbers. If you go turbo on a budget it. You will get stuck between the really fast guys and the slow street guys so picking a class will be really hard! I prefer the 208gp by dunlop for my street and track tire! This is all just my .02!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 02:28 AM

I wouldn't get a air shifter if your going to use it for street. For tires Avon Azaro SP50's are good for the track and Bridgestone Battax are also good, but either one if you roll over spit they'll slip.Picking a class will be hard if you have a streetable turbo bike. Remeber I'll trailer you, help fix anything you WILL break, but I have to ride that beast atleast 3 times.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode