Going to Byron 9/27 for some fun - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

The Drag Strip learn and share, also talk about your favorite drag strips.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
The apex was where?

Sportbike: '07 GSX-R 600
Years Riding: Always learning.
How you found us: A vision.

Going to Byron 9/27 for some fun

I'm heading out to Byron drag strip to see what i can get the bike to do in a 1/4 mile.

Weather looks clear all day and around mid 70's so it seems to be a perfect track day.

If you want to come along, the more the merrier, just shoot me a pm.

I probably leaving early/mid morning, like 8-9am from my house putting me at track about an hour later.

Also going on there is the Hard core drag bike series, so there might be a few actual drag bikes if ppl just wanna come watch.

If you want to race, you need a leather jacket, gloves, Above the ankle boots and a Helmet. If your trap speed is over 120mph you also need leather pants. Price to race is i think 25-30 and spectate is around 10 bux.

After the drag strip i usually head up to Rockford for food, either Hooters, or Buffalo Wild Wings.

Here is the drag strip website: http://www.byrondragway.com/Home.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Where are the races?

Sportbike: 01 Busa
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: cant remeber!

Send a message via AIM to twistedspeed
I'll be there all weekend! Come by and say hello. I'm on the south side of the track behind the stands with all the trailers!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
The apex was where?

Sportbike: '07 GSX-R 600
Years Riding: Always learning.
How you found us: A vision.

Well i think i saw you around although there were a few blue busa's by trailers at the track.

I had a blast at the track being my first time on the bike there. Although i have alot of work to do at the launch. I could only manage a 12.0xx @ 125mph w/ a 2.4 60 foot. So that is were i must work on it.

I just wish during test and tune, they would have stayed with one tree or the other...in 4 runs in a row i took, the first was sportsman tree, then i come up again and it was on pro tree, and screwed me up. The next run i did it was back to sportsman tree, and then again it went to a pro tree...i was rather annoyed, I don't mind either tree, i actually prefer pro tree, but when you don't know which one is going to happen it is annoying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Where are the races?

Sportbike: 01 Busa
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: cant remeber!

Send a message via AIM to twistedspeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by phkz24 View Post
Well i think i saw you around although there were a few blue busa's by trailers at the track.

I had a blast at the track being my first time on the bike there. Although i have alot of work to do at the launch. I could only manage a 12.0xx @ 125mph w/ a 2.4 60 foot. So that is were i must work on it.

I just wish during test and tune, they would have stayed with one tree or the other...in 4 runs in a row i took, the first was sportsman tree, then i come up again and it was on pro tree, and screwed me up. The next run i did it was back to sportsman tree, and then again it went to a pro tree...i was rather annoyed, I don't mind either tree, i actually prefer pro tree, but when you don't know which one is going to happen it is annoying.

It's always a sportmans tree unless someone ask for a pro tree. More then likey the other guy ask for a pro tree and the officals didn't tell ya sometimes they hold up 4 fingers to let ya know. There were alot of bikes so I didn't to much hunting for ppl plus had girl with me so I had to entertain her as well. If you ever need some help or tips shoot me a pm or grab me out there. I always pit on the southside of the track behind the stands on the side of the burnout box.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode