Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Tear-off's

468 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tWisTEd 
#1 ·
I'm watching some races and they always use tearoffs, but they always seem to have a bunch of air bubbles in em that are really visible, doesn't that get in the way? Does anyone use tear-offs? How do you all like em?

#2 ·
the air bubbles don't effect your vision at all. As a matter of fact, you can't even tell you have tear offs on. I use them only because I got a shit load of them with my helmet and it's easier to just tear a piece off rather than clean your visor after every session. Never ever did tear one off during a race though.

#3 ·
Double check the rules but I know CCS does not allow tear offs. I think WERA is the same as well.

#4 ·
I'm pretty sure that CCS does allow them, I know that Paul James was using one at the last Blackhawk...

#5 ·
I just checked on CCS website and found nothing in the rules about tear offs.

#6 ·
I would think that you wouldn't want to tear em' off during a race. You may be the guy (or girl) that hits one with the front wheel while braking. Maybe they don't impose any traction issues, but I could see how they would be like wet leaves being they are slick plastic. Just a thought, I don't have any experience with them.

#7 ·
msbrit1 said:
I just checked on CCS website and found nothing in the rules about tear offs.
You are correct mam! :)

Many years ago you couldn't but times change. . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.