Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

When it rains it pours, God Damn Thieves!

1K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  Jammin 
#1 ·
So I crash my bike last week at 15MPH in rush hour traffic, breaking my clavicle. Oh joy. Last night some degenerate broke into my garage, stole most of my tools, broke into my car parked in the garage, stealing my HU, MP3 CD Changer, Garmin GPS and some other odds and ends.

I feel like Earl on the show My Name is Earl. I really need some good karma.

#27 ·
JRSMAIL said:
It's a good idea to picture or take video of your belongs for the insurance company to see.

In my new house I'll do that and keep them in a safe place.
What if the camera's get jacked?:laughing

#28 ·
flinchy said:
Let us know how it works out with your insurance company. I'd like to know what company it is and how they handle that claim. It's very common that people get screwed on that kind of equipment.

And good karma is sure to come your way if you just make the list and knock one off a week! :laughing
I have Statefarm insurance. Got a claim number but the agent set it up with the wrong department. Since my stereo was stolen I have to talk to that department. Waiting for the correct department to call me back.

My HU and CD changer is the least of my worries though. Damn thieves tore up my leather dash and broke the mount points in the process of stealing the stuff. The dash is one large unit so I doubt it will be cheap to replace. I am more worried they screw me and only give me enough money to patch it up.

#29 ·
Well State Farm called me back. They will definitely fix the dash, replace my Alpine HU and Alpine CD changer. They may even cover my GPS that was stolen.

#30 ·
maoisn said:
I pissed off my Dad's entire village in Cambodia. Basically I told them they were all idiots who rely too much on God for fortune. That and I refuse to marry any of the girls from the village. But that's another story.
Bro, you know how many Cambodian Voo-Doo Dolls and entire village can construct??? It was nice riding with you :laughing

#31 ·
Had some nasty voodoo yesterday evening. I had about 20,000 volts surge through my body. Was repairing my HID headlight on my bike, holding the bulb in my left hand by the plastic parts and turning the key with my right hand. ZAP! It was quite intense and a wakening experience.

#32 ·
maoisn said:
I had about 20,000 volts surge through my body.
Dude, with the way things are going for you, just go to your couch, sit down and do not move for like a week - Yer frickin Oliver from the Brady Bunch! :laughing

#33 ·
You should have those demons excercised. Of course you should stay away from aerobics classes. They like those excercises.

#34 ·
Mao, sorry to hear this. I also have State Farm and they were really good about processing a claim for my stuff that was stolen. They bitched about paying for the radar detector, as "it's a device to prevent you from getting caught," but they caved in. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.