Handicap Parking Ticket - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Traffic Violations Advice Corner Got screwed lately? Get advise from others that dealt with it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: Ninja 250r
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: google

Handicap Parking Ticket

So having a great fathers day today. First my kid has been sick, then my car gave me check engine light and now a ticket for stopping at the Target Parking lot handicap spot.

Anyone has any previous experience with this type of ticket.

So I dropped my wife at the door at target so she can grab some pedilite and I stopped my car at the handicap spot with my car running and in D with my kid in the back seat. The cop comes around the front and signals me to move. So I was talking to the doctor on the phone and I waived to him that I am moving and was just waiting for my wife to come out real quick. He must not be having a great day cause he comes up to me and says give me your license I am giving you a citation! He doesn't want to hear any excuses and says its his pet peeve when he sees ppl park at handicap spots. But I was not parked just stopped while in the car and in D. She literally came out in 4 mins.

So can they issue tickets for stopping? And I did mention to him that its a private property and he didn't like that comment. So he gave me a Individual bond ticket with appearance. Anyone been able to get out of one? I would totally accept it if all the spots were full that day and I had parked and left the car un-attended as it would not be fair to park there for ADA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:13 PM

Sportbike: Resurrection Built YZ250F, Various European Junk
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: SBN

No offense, but you're a dick.
post #3 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

hmm okay. And because?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:27 PM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
did you pull into the handicapped spot? and were not just rolling thru it.. sorry you deserve a ticket.

it was very easy for you to drive to the back of the lot and sit in spots away from the door while you were on the phone and waiting for your wife.

just cause the car was in D doesn't mean you were not taking up a space that you knew damn well its illegal to be in.

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #5 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:32 PM

Sportbike: Resurrection Built YZ250F, Various European Junk
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: SBN

You were 'stopped' in a handicapped spot, and the cop asked you to move, more or less, and you waved him off? It's almost like you wanted a ticket.
post #6 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:35 PM
CHOBOT=AWESOME

Sportbike: ZRX1100
Years Riding: 14
How you found us: some random guy off the street

The car doesn't have to be in park for it to be parked.Why do you think the cop was having a not so great day, because you got a ticket for breaking the law. That was a cruddy thing to do even if your wife was only in the store for 1 min. I don't k now if there is a way to get out of this ticket. Maybe some one might have some advice, but I doubt that to many folks have gotten that ticket.
post #7 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

Don't put the car in the spot. You could always circle around or sit out further from the door and watch for her.

Pay the fine and be done with it.

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

I didn't try to waive him off, I was telling him that I am moving and why I was stopped there. He didnt ask me what I said but instead issued a citation right away. I just wanted to know if anyone knows how the law is interpted? Is parked and stopped while occupied is same. Not justifying that I am right either for taking that spot. Do these really call for appearance? Its a Individual bond, cant even mail it in.
post #9 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:56 PM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
just pay the fine and move along... you were parked there. parking is stopping and occupied, duhhhhhhh

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #10 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

Pay the fine, call it a lesson learned. I have a handicapped tag and never use it unless that person is in the car.
post #11 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 08:10 PM

Sportbike: SV 650, FZR 400, RM 125
Years Riding: Since 1990
How you found us: Nesba!

Don't stop or wait in a handicap spot unless you're handicapped. I can't stand when people do that. Just sitting there for 4 mins is parked. Go park. When you see your wife coming out, swing by and pick her up. It works for me.

Greg K.
STT Staff Member
CCS Expert #12
MSF Instructor

VinylSaurusRex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - SMR Components - Apexjunkie.com - Yamaha Champions Riding School
"If you're headed toward trees, I'm guessing your on the wrong line." - S. Russell
post #12 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Sounds like I will be paying but what does the Individual bond impact me? Why cant I pay via mail?
post #13 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers

Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
Handicap Parking Ticket

You told him you were on the phone that is what pissed him off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I will sock ya square in your snot locker if you EVER use the term "Bron Bron" in my presence - BAHLEEDAT
post #14 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 08:49 PM
ask me about my jiu jitsu

Location: where they plant the seeds to grow the trees to make the sticks
Location: where they plant the seeds to grow the trees to make the sticks
Sportbike: 2002 ducati 748S, 2009 triumph speed triple
Years Riding: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
You told him you were on the phone that is what pissed him off.
"oh, of course sir. you just go right ahead and finish your important phone conversation while you're parked illegally. i'll wait here until you're done. take your time."

*snort*

"i'm a sweetheart, i'm a prom queen" - big black
post #15 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:11 PM
The Halo hides my Horns

Sportbike: SV650
Years Riding: 1 year

While we are on the subject, what's with the motorcycle riders that think they can pull up on the sidewalk and park right by the doors of grocery stores. Or the stripped areas around handycapped parking, or the end of a row? Who the fuck do they think they are that they deserve to park any-fuckin-where they want?

Motorcyclists want to be treated like any other person on the roads, but they think they have the right to park on the sidewalk, within 10' of the front door of Jewel?

Sorry, I'm pretty sure nobody here does shit like that, it's just something that's been bugging me for a while.

aut cum scuto aut in scuto

http://www.firespeedtactical.com

My ZenFolio Gallery: www.LonelyRaven.ZenFolio.com
post #16 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:13 PM

On the flip side, I had a guy try and move my bike because it was taking up a parking spot.
post #17 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:40 PM

Sportbike: A couple
Years Riding: too long to have any sense
How you found us: NESBA

I'm pretty sure that if you are pulled into a Handicap spot, and are not displaying Handicapped Parking permit or tags, you are de-facto guilty of parking in a handicap spot illegally.

The must appear is because cops and judges, and apparently many of us here take a real dim view of ppl who do what you did. The Judge probably wants to yell at you some before you pay your fine and court costs. Because of the inconvenience, you will likely think twice before making a repeat performance.

Craig
post #18 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm a non-achiever.

Sportbike: KTM 450sx/Sumo, XR50R w/training wheels
Years Riding: street 06; track 09
How you found us: the cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by googs View Post
I didn't try to waive him off, I was telling him that I am moving and why I was stopped there.
Quote:
and I stopped my car at the handicap spot with my car running and in D with my kid in the back seat. The cop comes around the front and signals me to move. So I was talking to the doctor on the phone and I waived to him that I am moving and was just waiting for my wife to come out real quick. He must not be having a great day cause he comes up to me and says give me your license I am giving you a citation! He doesn't want to hear any excuses and says its his pet peeve when he sees ppl park at handicap spots. But I was not parked just stopped while in the car and in D. She literally came out in 4 mins.

Not cool. Handicap parking spots are for people who are HANDICAPPED! People like you piss me off who can't even be bothered to park in a legal spot to walk into a store, or have to have someone pick them up in the fire lane out of the store because they can't be bothered to walk all the way out to your car after the store.

"Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast"
post #19 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:53 PM

Sportbike: SV 650, FZR 400, RM 125
Years Riding: Since 1990
How you found us: Nesba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
While we are on the subject, what's with the motorcycle riders that think they can pull up on the sidewalk and park right by the doors of grocery stores. Or the stripped areas around handycapped parking, or the end of a row? Who the fuck do they think they are that they deserve to park any-fuckin-where they want?

Motorcyclists want to be treated like any other person on the roads, but they think they have the right to park on the sidewalk, within 10' of the front door of Jewel?

Sorry, I'm pretty sure nobody here does shit like that, it's just something that's been bugging me for a while.
This is my biggest pet peeve as well. We all want to be viewed in a good light and not be labeled squids or hog riders, yet we're to damn lazy to park in the lot? I just want to push these bikes over.

Greg K.
STT Staff Member
CCS Expert #12
MSF Instructor

VinylSaurusRex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - SMR Components - Apexjunkie.com - Yamaha Champions Riding School
"If you're headed toward trees, I'm guessing your on the wrong line." - S. Russell
post #20 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:57 PM

Sportbike: 08 gsx six fiddy F
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: forum link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave13 View Post
On the flip side, I had a guy try and move my bike because it was taking up a parking spot.
I would of went off on that guy.

2008 Suzuki gsx 650f.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
Thomas Jefferson
post #21 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Make my day!!!!!

Sportbike: Looking at a shiny Huffy!
Years Riding: 20+ yrs.
How you found us: member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkotlin View Post
This is my biggest pet peeve as well. We all want to be viewed in a good light and not be labeled squids or hog riders, yet we're to damn lazy to park in the lot? I just want to push these bikes over.
Mine as well!

You want to be like that then be like me, man up, run yourself into a guardrail and presto front row parking! I can tell you right now walking to the end of the parking lot in a rainstorm is a blessing compared to not being able to walk to the fucking John! Give the handicapped a break! Don't they have it hard enough?

Living life! Because before you know it it is over!

Joe

FACEBOOK
post #22 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michowski View Post
I would of went off on that guy.
It was my GPz550. I got even when he had to get a tetnus shot after touching that rust bucket.
post #23 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Don't argue, you'll lose

Sportbike: NA
Years Riding: NA
How you found us: Na

I guess you wrote this on the wrong forum, I along with all the rest of the people think that was a d-bag move, and if I saw your car I would key it. What you did is shameful, regardless if you were just waiting for your wife, you nor anyone else in your family is handicapped and you should be thankful for that and walk the three extra seconds.
post #24 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

I can just imagine what all your closets look like but easier to point fingers. I am not here to defend, it was about getting information. Was not on the phone as a casual talk, it was with the doctor. But whatever shows the class of trolls that have started to become here.
post #25 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

I would love to see my dad take off his leg and beat someone who parked in a handicap without the proper plates, sticker or tag. Fines arent high enough for these tickets. Maybe a few $2500 ones may make people think and a mandatory tow.

Now for the asshats who park bikes in the hash areas. I've seen a handicap guy in a wheelchair equipped van (he drove himself) drop the lift into a custom harley parked in the hash next to the wheelchair lift stall. Knocked the bike over. Funny as hell. As a few of us told him not to worry about it the fucker came out screaming threats at the guy. One of the fucking worthless RUBS. He changed his tune when all 5 of us witnessess got in HIS face. He wasnt going anywhere anyways until the cops got there. He couldnt pick the bike up and we were NOT gonna help. Like hell am I gonna stand by and let some fucktard make threats to a guy in a chair.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #26 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Quote:
I can just imagine what all your closets look like but easier to point fingers. I am not here to defend, it was about getting information. Was not on the phone as a casual talk, it was with the doctor.
Dont care if it was to a doctor, lawyer or the pres. Cop tells you something, listen. YOU parked ILLEGALLY. Doesnt matter whether you are in the car or not and the car is in drive. Pay the ticket.

Quote:
But whatever shows the class of trolls that have started to become here.
You mean the ones who whine about getting a ticket for parking illegally?

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #27 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Come get some

Sportbike: V-Strom DL1000
Years Riding: 13 years
How you found us: Fam

Quote:
So having a great fathers day today. First my kid has been sick, then my car gave me check engine light and now a ticket for stopping at the Target Parking lot handicap spot.

Anyone has any previous experience with this type of ticket.

So I dropped my wife at the door at target so she can grab some pedilite and I stopped my car at the handicap spot with my car running and in D with my kid in the back seat. The cop comes around the front and signals me to move. So I was talking to the doctor on the phone and I waived to him that I am moving and was just waiting for my wife to come out real quick. He must not be having a great day cause he comes up to me and says give me your license I am giving you a citation! He doesn't want to hear any excuses and says its his pet peeve when he sees ppl park at handicap spots. But I was not parked just stopped while in the car and in D. She literally came out in 4 mins.

So can they issue tickets for stopping? And I did mention to him that its a private property and he didn't like that comment. So he gave me a Individual bond ticket with appearance. Anyone been able to get out of one? I would totally accept it if all the spots were full that day and I had parked and left the car un-attended as it would not be fair to park there for ADA.
This is wrong on so many levels.

1979 Yamaha XS1100
2004 Suzuki V-Strom DL1000

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson
post #28 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 11:24 PM

Sportbike: '03 Gsxr 1000, '04 Zuma,07 GSXR 600 trackbike
Years Riding: june 2007, since new,july '10
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to Pilotx1 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotx1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave13 View Post
ive had my scooter moved while at the store parked legally a spot

-Jason
CCS AM #31
post #29 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Ride Naked

Sportbike: z1000
Years Riding: divide by zero error
How you found us: Panda Express

Send a message via AIM to mac11
Quote:
I didn't try to waive him off, I was telling him that I am moving and why I was stopped there. He didnt ask me what I said but instead issued a citation right away. I just wanted to know if anyone knows how the law is interpted? Is parked and stopped while occupied is same. Not justifying that I am right either for taking that spot. Do these really call for appearance? Its a Individual bond, cant even mail it in.
heres the deal....i work in a bar. I hear the same shit all the time. I tell people they can't be in a certain area and they say "yea yea yea, I'm not staying here, I'm just waiting for my girlfriend/boyfriend/father/bridesmaid whatever and I will move".

no, dickhead. I'm not telling you that i want you to move when you find it convenient. I'm telling you, you have to move. Now. So Move.

That is waiving him off. It sets me off because I'm usually a very nice guy about asking someone to move out of an area the first time I have to tell them. Way nicer than my job title requires and is known for.

All I can do is throw people out on their ass if they give me shit. He had the power to fine your ass.

You brought it upon yourself.

Quote:
Oh he can drive. He can drive beyond the limits of the tires, the engine, the car or anything else.
post #30 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Slower Traffic Keep Right

Sportbike: '06 Suzuki GSXR-750 (Track); '11 HD Electra Glide (Road Sofa)
Years Riding: 30+ yrs total
How you found us: A friend at NESBA

Ticket is more than justified. Make better choices next time.

I think it should be legal for anyone that sees a car in a handicap spot without a sticker/tag/plates should be able to slash all four tires. THERE, there's your handicap.

Midwest Track Day CR #130
NESBA 130-Control Rider (Former Midwest Region)
STT "A" 130
Track: 2006 GSXR-750
Street: 2011 H-D Ultra Limited (Road Sofa)

www.MidwestTrackDay.com / www.MidwestTrackDay.motorsportreg.com / www.facebook.com/midwesttrackday

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member6419.png

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode