Pulled over tonight - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Traffic Violations Advice Corner Got screwed lately? Get advise from others that dealt with it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
AdvancedDesignTechnology

Sportbike: 2001 Ninja ZX-6R
Years Riding: 3 YEARS
How you found us: -

Send a message via AIM to Alphanumeric
Pulled over tonight

Me and a buddy (mojo somthign) from Chicago riders decided to meet up at 2:00 am for some food. So we meet there eat our food then proceed to return home after a smalll photoshoot and some conversation. Well not 30 seconds after i pull out of the lot a state trooper whips around.. in my head im thinking.. ok here goes... so im driving the speed limit and my turn comes up and i switch to the far right lane and make my turn.. wel the cop swicthes three lanes of traffic and makes the turn.. so at this point i know im getting pulled over so i pull over and stop.. the cop walks up asks for my DL and insurance ect. Says all the neightbors complain about my bike and how i race around town. Then two more cops coe and they make my run my signals and brake lights ( there clear with green blinkers) and then makes me sound my horn here it idle im sure they checked the tread on my tire and al that other random bs. Then they search me. I have never even smokes a cigareete in my life let alone drugs. So then the cop switches to good cop and says he wants to be cool wit hme and said i can do all the wheelies i want out in county. And shakes my hand and tells me to get some sleep. This took about 45 minutes. Sleep huh.. ill tell him wat he needs.......

Up on one wheel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 06:00 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 06:05 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Ahhhhh harassment at it's finest!

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 06:38 AM

what, did you just copy and paste that shit??

good times.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 08:15 AM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

alls well that ends well I'd be glad that cops are out checking for *stuff*. If that was a stolen bike and running the VIN nabbed someone..then it was well worth the stop. They acted cool...you acted cool...... he gave you a little advice off you went. Sound like good guys to me

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Pathological Thrill Seekr

Sportbike: Trek Marlin
Years Riding: Noob
How you found us: Followed the fast guys

Send a message via AIM to Deuces
Sounds like they were cool about it. Take it easy through your home town.

Ride smart... stupid hurts.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't...

Godspeed 788!!! We miss you!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuces
Sounds like they were cool about it. Take it easy through your home town.
Yeah they were cool about pulling him over for no reason then keeping him there for 45 minutes.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 12:26 PM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Thats nothing....I got kicked off of 355 when it first opened!

State trooper told me not to use it anymore, and if he had any more trouble on that stretch, he was coming to my house in Arlington Hts. (thats where I lived at the time)...............This is a LONG story so I aint typing it. Maybe a strats conversation........What a joke! Yeah, hes gonna come to my house, sure!

I was really skeered!

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 12:30 PM
I'd rather be railing :)

Sportbike: Riding Suzukis: 04 GSX-R600, 98 DR650SE
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: Gixxer.com

Send a message via AIM to Jammin Send a message via Yahoo to Jammin
I bet they were just bored at 2 in the morning. Glad it turned out all right

J A Y riding around the world on a 98 Suzuki DR650SE (sanDRina)
follow at >> JamminGlobal.com | facebook | twitter | youtube

Consider a small donation to support my trip or Buy a T-shirt

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind." - Bob Marley
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Curb your dogma.

Sportbike: another Honda:)
Years Riding: little while now....
How you found us: BusaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthal
Yeah they were cool about pulling him over for no reason then keeping him there for 45 minutes.
Not to give anyone any shit, but it sounds like you have been a little liberal with the throttle in your home town. Is this true or was the cop full of shit?
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 01:04 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Sportbike: missing my RC51
Years Riding: 9+
How you found us: drove by Strats one night & stopped in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phily-D
Not to give anyone any shit, but it sounds like you have been a little liberal with the throttle in your home town. Is this true or was the cop full of shit?
It don't matter if in the past they have had problems with him or not. Unless he was identified properly as doing something illegal, pulling him over for no reason is bs. No way in hell I would have let them search me. They had no probable cause to search him. They also did not have any reason to do a check on his vehicle. Imagine driving home and a cop pulls you over in your car, has you go through blinkers, horn, brakes and so on and then does a search on your person. No way anyone would allow that. But because you are on 2 wheels instead of 4 we are giving the cop a thumbs up. BS!BS!

WTF!

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
Staying true to what’s inside
United as one, we fight

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 01:08 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2weelpilot
alls well that ends well I'd be glad that cops are out checking for *stuff*. If that was a stolen bike and running the VIN nabbed someone..then it was well worth the stop. They acted cool...you acted cool...... he gave you a little advice off you went. Sound like good guys to me
Yeah, Mike what a peach. Come on. We are just going to let cops pull over anyone they want in the hopes of maybe finding a stolen bike or stolen car or whatever. If I am obeying the rules of the road and have not committed an illegal act and they have no probable cause for pulling me over then they can get _______.

*note - state sactioned DUI checks are an exception due to all vehicles in that vicinity are subject to the check and the DUI check is posted publically so everyone has the opportunity to avoid that area if they wish.

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
United as one, we fight

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Curb your dogma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean
It don't matter if in the past they have had problems with him or not. Unless he was identified properly as doing something illegal, pulling him over for no reason is bs. No way in hell I would have let them search me. They had no probable cause to search him. They also did not have any reason to do a check on his vehicle. Imagine driving home and a cop pulls you over in your car, has you go through blinkers, horn, brakes and so on and then does a search on your person. No way anyone would allow that. But because you are on 2 wheels instead of 4 we are giving the cop a thumbs up. BS!BS!

WTF!
Ocean I hear ya, but we all have to be considerate of those around us. I am making the assumption that the cop was making a factual statement when he mentioned the neighbors complaining about his riding in the past. If at 2 in the morning on a week night he is going down residential streets with an aftermarket can and winding out the engine at 12k to 13k RPM, then maybe he needed to be reminded that there are other people in this world too. I do not know if this is the case, I am just making an assumption. If he was not engaging in that kind of activity, then I agree w/ you that the stop was total BS.

Everytime a mf'r comes through my neighborhood at 2 in the morning on a weeknight running straight pipes on his hog purposely leaving it in first or second gear when he is doin' 40 mph, I get pissed. That is going out of your way to be a little prick.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Ocean I hear ya, but we all have to be considerate of those around us. I am making the assumption that the cop was making a factual statement when he mentioned the neighbors complaining about his riding in the past. If at 2 in the morning on a week night he is going down residential streets with an aftermarket can and winding out the engine at 12k to 13k RPM, then maybe he needed to be reminded that there are other people in this world too. I do not know if this is the case, I am just making an assumption. If he was not engaging in that kind of activity, then I agree w/ you that the stop was total BS.

Everytime a mf'r comes through my neighborhood at 2 in the morning on a weeknight running straight pipes on his hog purposely leaving it in first or second gear when he is doin' 40 mph, I get pissed. That is going out of your way to be a little prick.
Its not me dude, I always keep it quiet

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 02:07 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Quote:

I totally agree that we (motorcyclist) need to be courteous espcially late at night. But the cop could have waived him over, rolled his window down and told him to keep the bike quiet.

My post was not directed at you but more in general.

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
United as one, we fight

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 02:07 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
ya right.

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
United as one, we fight

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Curb your dogma.

Quote:
My post was not directed at you but more in general.

I know, but thanks for making sure I do.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Curb your dogma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony

Lies......
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 02:18 PM

Sportbike: Resurrection Built YZ250F, Various European Junk
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: SBN

I'm with Wayne here, when I was growing up in Shorewood (long haired stoner lookin kid) they would pull me over all the time. Nearly every time they would try to pull some shit outta there asses to initiate a search. And I always politely declined. EVERY time I declined, they would try to search anyway, then I would call my parents, tell them what was up. You should see how scared a cop gets when you say into the phone "Yeah dad, call the lawyer, these fuckers are trying to trample my rights AGAIN"

The one time I let them search me was when I was loaded down with my dirtbike and all my camping gear, took them a half hour of bullshitting around to get permission from me, two hours to search. They found nothing. I asked them if they were finally stop wasting my time, and was never pulled over again. For me, it was worth wasting the two and a half hours to not get fucked with by them anymore.

Last weekend I had a conservation cop spying on my campsite with binoculars at 11:30 at night. Some LEO's have zero respect for privacy, that prick's last words to me that night were "Why don't you go back to your site before I arrest you for disorderly conduct" I said "If you wanted to see her tits, you shoulda just asked, she may have shown them to ya"
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Curb your dogma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbiker
I said "If you wanted to see her tits, you shoulda just asked, she may have shown them to ya" :fli
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Mike what a peach. Come on. We are just going to let cops pull over anyone they want in the hopes of maybe finding a stolen bike or stolen car or whatever. If I am obeying the rules of the road and have not committed an illegal act and they have no probable cause for pulling me over then they can get _______.

*note - state sactioned DUI checks are an exception due to all vehicles in that vicinity are subject to the check and the DUI check is posted publically so everyone has the opportunity to avoid that area if they wish.
I guess I live my life a little differently..if I have nothing to hide..what the hell do I care. Im out cruising at 2 am not on my way to pick up the kiddos at day care..I dont live in fear of being busted for something..dont sweat the smalll stuff.
Lifes too short

Mike

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 03:05 PM

Sportbike: 2002 Turbo Hayabusa
Years Riding: Lost Track
How you found us: Tony

Quote:
I guess I live my life a little differently..if I have nothing to hide..what the hell do I care. Im out cruising at 2 am not on my way to pick up the kiddos at day care..I dont live in fear of being busted for something..dont sweat the smalll stuff.
Lifes too short
How many times would you have to be stopped, detained for 45 minutes, and searched for it to no longer be small stuff?

Dave
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 03:07 PM

it hasnt happened to date and Im 38 so Im guessing Ill never get to that point..Ill cross that bridge if I ever get to it

Mike

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 07:56 PM
I'd rather be railing :)

Sportbike: Riding Suzukis: 04 GSX-R600, 98 DR650SE
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: Gixxer.com

Send a message via AIM to Jammin Send a message via Yahoo to Jammin
Are they allowed to search you just like that in the middle of the street or do they need a warrant?

J A Y riding around the world on a 98 Suzuki DR650SE (sanDRina)
follow at >> JamminGlobal.com | facebook | twitter | youtube

Consider a small donation to support my trip or Buy a T-shirt

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind." - Bob Marley
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 08:07 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Quote:
Lifes too short
I know what you mean but I still think it is complete bs for the LEO to do it.

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
United as one, we fight

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: SBN

Im with 2weelpilot. I got nothing to hide and everything is on the up n up. Plus the fact at 2 am Im always home asleep. lol

NESBA #456 Intermediate
Always 1 step ahead of Lupi. 1:24:7 BHF
And 1 step behind Kimmy

"SoB gets to spend yet ANOTHER season faster than me." -LUPI-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode