Turn signal violation - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Traffic Violations Advice Corner Got screwed lately? Get advise from others that dealt with it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Sportbike: THA 1
Years Riding: Re-learning every summer.
How you found us: Friend, word of mouf!

Turn signal violation

My father in law got pulled over in Chicago for not using his turn signal. He was in a car btw. He says the ticket doesn't say how much it is, but he thinks it's $75. I haven't seen the ticket myself, but it can't be that much for a non-speeding violation, would it?

Mark
Team HYPERAKTIV

Disclaimer:
If you don't like the post typed above...
'Ay Naku, 'Tang Ina Mo!'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 04:16 PM
I'd rather be railing :)

Sportbike: Riding Suzukis: 04 GSX-R600, 98 DR650SE
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: Gixxer.com

Send a message via AIM to Jammin Send a message via Yahoo to Jammin
Im suprised they're pulling over people for that violation. Dont know how much it is, but I thought all moving violations started around $75.

Not to say anything against your pop-in-law, but Im glad they're giving tickets to people who dont use their turn-signals. For us bikers, especially. I can't stand it when I see people drift into lanes. It's worse when they make left turns on two lane roads without indicating .

J A Y riding around the world on a 98 Suzuki DR650SE (sanDRina)
follow at >> JamminGlobal.com | facebook | twitter | youtube

Consider a small donation to support my trip or Buy a T-shirt

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind." - Bob Marley
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 04:41 PM
CLSB Pimpologist

Sportbike: K5 Gixxer 750
Years Riding: 9 years but not that many miles....
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to HEESH
I speak from experience. It is $75 dollars.....

------------------------------------------------
-Heesh

I can't wait for the summer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

+1 me too!!!

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 05:18 PM

Sportbike: GSXR 750
Years Riding: 28 years
How you found us: Cruising the 'net

It would be nice it they did use them, but you'd better never depend on it. I grew up in Los Angeles, where using a turn signal is a sure way to make sure you'll never get your lane change done. In L.A., that is just a sign that your from out-of-town, and you are ripe for getting cut off. To me, expecting car drivers to behave predictably is just asking to get creamed.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy
It would be nice it they did use them, but you'd better never depend on it. I grew up in Los Angeles, where using a turn signal is a sure way to make sure you'll never get your lane change done. In L.A., that is just a sign that your from out-of-town, and you are ripe for getting cut off. To me, expecting car drivers to behave predictably is just asking to get creamed.

I'm with you man. Where you from? Riverside/Fullerton here. People are always getting pissed at me on the highways here, and I just think that many (not all, so don't blast me) people in IL drive like pussies. I can't believe that the people in WI call everyone from here FIBs. It is pretty funny in the LA area when someone has their blinker on for miles and nobody lets them in.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 05:42 PM

you mean slow wisconsin drivers?

He can always mail the ticket to fight it in court. It being chicago, they may lose it.

I dont want to rant 100 words about bad drivers. But someone leaving their turn signal on is very annoying. And dont assume someone with their signal on is turning.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Sportbike: THA 1
Years Riding: Re-learning every summer.
How you found us: Friend, word of mouf!

Oh well, I guess he was right. $75 just sounded like a lot. I thought it would be around $25-$30. Thanks fellas!

Mark
Team HYPERAKTIV

Disclaimer:
If you don't like the post typed above...
'Ay Naku, 'Tang Ina Mo!'
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin
Im suprised they're pulling over people for that violation. Dont know how much it is, but I thought all moving violations started around $75.

Not to say anything against your pop-in-law, but Im glad they're giving tickets to people who dont use their turn-signals. For us bikers, especially. I can't stand it when I see people drift into lanes. It's worse when they make left turns on two lane roads without indicating .
I feel the same way. Today I was riding my bike around rt. 25 in Carpentersville and there was this guy in his brand spanking new honda accord. we was driving in and out of lanes without signalling and barely any room to squeeze (sp?) by.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 11:15 PM

Sportbike: GSXR 750
Years Riding: 28 years
How you found us: Cruising the 'net

I'm from Burbank, North Hollywood, Van Nuys, and Santa Monica. Been out here for over a decade now. I actually live in Wisconsin. The 25mph to 30mph speed limits everywhere were a surprise when I came. It took me a while to calm down my driving so that I would not piss people off. And where I live, I can't really flip people off like I used to. Chances are, they are my neighbors or my customers.

In contrast to L.A., most people here actually do use their signals.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 11:26 PM
Joe Momma...

Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to JoJo
NYC is a lot more aggressive then chicago too. I'm actually too scared to ride my bike in this city cause of the shit I see on the roads here. I aways wondered when I lived in chicago what it would be like if everyone drove like me, now I know....

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 03:39 AM

That's actually interesting that he got a ticket, He should check the law for that. I was pulled over for changing 3 lanes and turning and speeding all at one time. He aked why I didn't use a turn signal and if it was broke I said no I just replaced it and he left me with a warning, but he said it was only illegal to change lanes on some type of roadway, I can't remember it was like 9 years ago.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin

I'm with you on this one. People who fail to signal irritate me more than almost any other common traffic violation. I know if I were a patrol officer, I'd probably write more tickets for failure to signal when necessary than anything else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode