Will their insurance pay? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Traffic Violations Advice Corner Got screwed lately? Get advise from others that dealt with it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: Made the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs
Years Riding: a
How you found us: .

Will their insurance pay?

I got hit by a driver who has insurance, and was ticketed for it (I wasn't), but I wasn't insured. (I stopped paying because I was selling that bike and took it out to run an errand ) Will the other person's insurance still pay me without a fight? Am I screwed by not having coverage when it wasn't my fault?

3rd declaration: In such extreme circumstances, the law is by definition inadequate. To shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law, to pursue natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive-it is an emotional response. Vengeance serves no larger purpose. Society does not benefit from vengeance. Violent men are not deterred by acts of vengeance. The only appropriate response to their actions is the one I have chosen to pursue: a course of purposed, intentional violence. Violence intended to instruct, as much as destruct. A course, in a word, of punishment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 03:58 PM

Depends on the company but almost all good carriers will pay regardless of your insurance situation. There are really very few "shady" insurance companies that would not pay a claim where their insured is clearly at fault.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 03:22 PM

You can deal with the insurance company yourself. My mom has done this twice. Each time she deals with the other drivers insurance company and they have never even known who her insurance provider is. Really it's not their concern. I did the same once as well when I got hit. It could be a pain because you have to fight for the money instead of your insurance company, but so long as the other driver is shown to be at fault...it should be no problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Wild slide rule roots

Sportbike: 2002 Suzuki TL1000R, yel/blk (Street) & '04 GSXR750 (Track)
Years Riding: 8
How you found us: Got the link through NESBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDallas
I got hit by a driver who has insurance, and was ticketed for it (I wasn't), but I wasn't insured. (I stopped paying because I was selling that bike and took it out to run an errand ) Will the other person's insurance still pay me without a fight? Am I screwed by not having coverage when it wasn't my fault?
Who was insuring the other driver?

I think you can count on some sort of a fight, if there's any doubt at all of either the amount of damages or the degree of fault involved (though since the other driver got the ticket, and you didn't, that helps with the second part), but they aren't allowed to refuse payment without a good reason.

Morrand
NESBA #561 (I)
Jabber/Google Talk: [email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode