Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Ticket for doing 55 in a 55

4K views 65 replies 33 participants last post by  shadrach 
#1 ·
I cant believe this one. I got a ticket today for actually doing the speed limit. let me set this one up for you. Arsenal road going east from I-55. go through the construction by the petroleum plant doing 35, then construction ends and all traffic resumes 55. Then right over the crest of the bridge over the railroad, more construction signs start up. first lanes merge, then slow down for construction traffic etc, then about 1/4 mile past the bridge theres a 35 mph sign, well coming over the crest of the bridge I get shot by a motorcycle patrol officer form the lovely state of IL, and he's 50 feet past the crest of the bridge, which is a good 1000 feet BEFORE the 35 MPH sign, where construction speeds should have began, east of millsdale road. This was west of millsdale road. In fact by the time he got on his bike, and chased me down I pulled over right NEXT to the the friggin speed limit sign. Also if I was technically in a construction zone, shouldn't the fine have been 325 bucks? well he only wrote it for 75, either he was giving me a brake cause he knew he was wrong and wanted to save face after I questioned him about it. or he knew he was wrong and didn't charge me the construction zone fine.

and yes I have already placed a call to my lawyer.

#44 ·
Sorry to hear that Tony!!! Yeah the Govenors are racking up overtime in Springfield and they need a way to make up for the money they are wasting for those bums to figure out the top from the bottom. That's total :bs

You sure you weren't pulled over for DWB? :lmao:
(sure sounds like it)

(let's see who knows what that means)

#48 ·
Wow, do you still have that kick me / mess with me sign on your back?

That is messed.

#49 ·
I am going to get a sign made for my truck

"If your stuck behind me doing the speed limit... Thank officer Wendt" :laughing

I tried the speed limit on 55 on the way home from work last night again. I had semi's straffing me on both sides, some almost didn't get over in time and I heard my share of air horns.

question, if I get rear ended for doing the speed limit, can I sue the state for putting me in that position?

#53 ·
Damn that is messed up, Tony.

Here's where I expect to see Rick rant about the revenue system... but this time I'd agree with him. Totally f*cked up situation.

#56 ·
I did the 45 mph limit on I-55 the other day by the new 355 extension with my wife in the car. I thought she was gonna kill me :laughing

Ya know, I am seriously thinking about doing a documentary on the unsafe conditions set by the unreasonably low sped limits. Of course I have no idea how to do a documentary, anyone know How to make one?

#62 ·
Ya know, I am seriously thinking about doing a documentary on the unsafe conditions set by the unreasonably low sped limits. Of course I have no idea how to do a documentary, anyone know How to make one?
At first glance, I would say hell yes that's a great idea, but on second thought, I think it would make things worse.

#59 ·
:laughing

oh and I paid this ticket off the other day, so now its just coasting through the supervision and being good.

#65 ·
Hey Tony, sorry to hear about this...

Regarding the documentary, actually some college kids did do this a while back. Maybe it's on YouTube somewhere. They got like 4 cars on a big 4 lane highway, everyone got side by side and then slowed down to 55 mph and backed traffic up for like 4 miles or something. Got the whole thing on video (on-board and from over passes). Forgot which city they did this in. They said they were sorry for holding up everyone, but they wanted to get their message across. Don't know what came of it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.