Finally - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Traffic Violations Advice Corner Got screwed lately? Get advise from others that dealt with it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
So long San Diego :(

Sportbike: '09 Speed Triple
Years Riding: Since 07/01/06
How you found us: Your Mom told me

Finally

I finally got done with a civil law suit that started when I was 17 years old (I'm now 22). I rear-ended these people (Mom (white trash, missing teeth, etc.), Dad , two daughters), at about 10 mi/hr, we had just preceded through an intersection from a stop. The girl driving was a student driver, and apparently her parents must have told her last second to turn into the gas station at that intersection, she didn't signal, and whipped in. I couldn't brake as fast as she did (my car was an old ass piece of junk from 1985) and swerved, but clipped their tailight. Cracked their tailight, no damage to my piece whatsoever. They get out, I yell a little, they yell a little, cops come, and all of the sudden, they need to go to the hospital. I'm like, oh god, here it comes. So they ring up $40,000 in chiropractic bills (mom and daughters made over 50 visits each!!) after the incedent, not to mention $30,000 in hospital bills that my insurance covered. Long story short, my insurances' lawyer has been fighting this thing for the past five years, and finally they took a settlement. They got so little in the settlement, that they still ended up $4,000 in the negative. Fooken idiots. I didn't pay dime for the entire case. They got $15,000, but the Judge ordered $5000 to State farm, $3000 to Blue Cross Blue Shield, $1500 to my lawyer (becasue they didn't show up to court one time for their own case)

All-in-all, the lawyer representing my insurance company figures they lost at least $4000, assuming that the lawyer that represented them for these 5 years takes nothing. And he figures they'll take at least a couple grand. I'm just glad this shit is over. I'm not even with that insurance company anymore, and thie happened so long ago, it doesn't even come up when I'm getting quoted for new insurance now.

Brandon
2009 Triumph Speed Triple

Kids in back seats cause accidents, Accidents in Back seats cause kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode