parking ticket motorcycle - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Traffic Violations Advice Corner Got screwed lately? Get advise from others that dealt with it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

parking ticket motorcycle

you know, you can get a parking ticket for not riding your motorcycle in the winter.

that is all

Last edited by taledarkside; 01-08-2009 at 03:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 07:38 AM

Sportbike: '03 Gsxr 1000, '04 Zuma,07 GSXR 600 trackbike
Years Riding: june 2007, since new,july '10
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to Pilotx1 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotx1
dont illegally park it over the winter and you wont get one

-Jason
CCS AM #31
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotx1 View Post
dont illegally park it over the winter and you wont get one
It isn't parked illegal. It isn't being used, because it's winter. And police find that it is probable cause to ticket the vehicle for non usage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

Vehicles and parking tickets and a particular poster... I see a pattern.

What actual IL Code or Village ordinance was it ticketed for being in violation of?

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
Vehicles and parking tickets and a particular poster... I see a pattern.

What actual IL Code or Village ordinance was it ticketed for being in violation of?

inoperable

neighbor told me, cops will go car to car for violations as a money generator.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers

Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
Most cities have an ordnance that a vehicle must me moved every 24 hours or it is considered abandoned. Not always enforced but still on the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I will sock ya square in your snot locker if you EVER use the term "Bron Bron" in my presence - BAHLEEDAT
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 08:57 AM
he who is absent foreskin

Sportbike: Z1000
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: Search Engine

Send a message via AIM to Loki047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Most cities have an ordnance that a vehicle must me moved every 24 hours or it is considered abandoned. Not always enforced but still on the books.
24 hrs? I can't spend a day inside? I am guessing its longer than 24 hours. Maybe thats why the city is always pushing the CTA on us, so while were riding the buses they ticket all our cars.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Registered lunatic

Sportbike: 1984 FXE, 1966 Triumph, 2000 FLHTC
Years Riding: Bought new 1984, Riding 44yrs
How you found us: ABATE of Illinois, Chicago

Within 7 day's here.

Quote:
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
are you storing more heaps of shit in lombard? clearly the neighbors have had it with your junkyard.

Chris
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Cruising through life

Sportbike: '11 Harley VRSCF
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: searched under "degenerates"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
are you storing more heaps of shit in lombard? clearly the neighbors have had it with your junkyard.
agreed. chances are people in the area are tired of looking at it and called it in. find a garage to share or rent a storage unit for the winter, your bike will thank you for it.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
alright there sanford and son, clear your friggin yard out and people will stop calling you in.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
agreed. chances are people in the area are tired of looking at it and called it in. find a garage to share or rent a storage unit for the winter, your bike will thank you for it.
I doubt people are calling it in. When I was in court, everyone that was there were residents of the town that got parking tickets.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

Take the wheels of your house, or that's next to get a ticket. haha
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Guns prevent pollution

Sportbike: 1996 YZF-600, 2006 Huffy
Years Riding: May '08 - Oct '12
How you found us: smartrider

Quote:
Although I'm not 100% sure, I believe Niles has this also, but it's 36hours. a buddy of mine got a ticket for this cause he always drives home for lunch and usually parks in the same general spot everyday. Well a neighbor didn't like him and decided to call the cops and say the truck never moved.

- Will

"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Our life is a non-stop ride to our death.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Cruising through life

Sportbike: '11 Harley VRSCF
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: searched under "degenerates"

Quote:
Originally Posted by taledarkside View Post
I doubt people are calling it in. When I was in court, everyone that was there were residents of the town that got parking tickets.
that doesn't mean anything... maybe all parking tickets issued within a certain time frame are given the same court date.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
that doesn't mean anything... maybe all parking tickets issued within a certain time frame are given the same court date.
that is true. court date is set every month

But when you have 99% of all the people in court, residents. Fighting parking ticket violations, that makes an obvious statement. When I was in court, only 1 person was there to protest a speeding ticket.

Talked to the neighbor, and he said he was there a few times. And the court is always booked with everyone protesting parking tickets. He stated there is a high verdit of "guilty". aka big time revenue generator.

Thats like saying a town like Chicago has no crime, so cops need to ticket vehicles because there is nothing to do. And Chicago is so corrupt, it needs to gather money any way it can.
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 03:14 AM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

People call in abandoned vehicles all the time, either the complainer doesnt recognize the vehicle, it hasnt moved in so long, its an eyesore to them, etc.......people call in EVERYTHING to the cops.

For example, I had someone from an apartment complex in town call bc a specific car was parked and taking up 2 parking spots. I get there and identify the very car the caller was talking about and I can't tell if it's taking up 2 spots or not bc you can't even see the markings for the parking spot....yet the caller somehow knew and called to complain. When I worked days we would always have the same refused complainant walk around certain parts of town and call in vehicles parked in their driveways yet blocking the sidewalk.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criminalgrrl View Post
People call in abandoned vehicles all the time, either the complainer doesnt recognize the vehicle, it hasnt moved in so long, its an eyesore to them, etc.......people call in EVERYTHING to the cops.

For example, I had someone from an apartment complex in town call bc a specific car was parked and taking up 2 parking spots. I get there and identify the very car the caller was talking about and I can't tell if it's taking up 2 spots or not bc you can't even see the markings for the parking spot....yet the caller somehow knew and called to complain.
Did you ticket the vehicle? Or did u blow it off, because usually those cases are up to the landlord. And the landlord calls his tow company to remove the vehicle.

Say you have someone call saying theres a car they don't like in a Jewel parking lot. Do you ticket the vehicle? Jewel didn't call and complain. Some random guy who had roadrage placed the call.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Did you ticket the vehicle? Or did u blow it off, because usually those cases are up to the landlord. And the landlord calls his tow company to remove the vehicle.

Say you have someone call saying theres a car they don't like in a Jewel parking lot. Do you ticket the vehicle? Jewel didn't call and complain. Some random guy who had roadrage placed the call.
I found and talked to the owner of the vehicle and laughed bc I told him I woulda parked the same way he did. We have an ordinance that allows us to cite vehicles in parking lots and tow them only if they are considered abandoned by the village definition.

If someone calls on a vehicle in Jewel P-lot....if there's a violation, I might write it, if it sits there forever, unless it meets village abandoned requirements, Jewel can tow it.
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I found and talked to the owner of the vehicle and laughed bc I told him I woulda parked the same way he did. We have an ordinance that allows us to cite vehicles in parking lots and tow them only if they are considered abandoned by the village definition.
But if the owner didn't show up. Would you ticket the vehicle because it wasn't within the yellow lines/and or blocking two spaces?

Quote:
If someone calls on a vehicle in Jewel P-lot....if there's a violation, I might write it, if it sits there forever, unless it meets village abandoned requirements, Jewel can tow it.
If a vehicle is plated, with current village sticker from their town. And the car is in the same spot everyday. Would it be considered "abandoned"?

How do you know the guy didn't drop his car off there and jumped in his girlfriend's car while he cheats on his wife? And what if he's really good, and takes up to 10 hours?

you can ticket the vehicle under numerous ordinances, eventhough, you don't have all the facts. So how can an enforcment officer write tickets based on assumptions? Or is there an agenda to writing tickets? Go to court and prove your innocent. But a lot of people will pay the ticket vs losing income from work. So your pleaing guilty because you have too.
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:22 AM

Quote:
But if the owner didn't show up. Would you ticket the vehicle because it wasn't within the yellow lines/and or blocking two spaces?
Nope. I couldn't tell if it was or wasn't withint the lines.

Quote:
If a vehicle is plated, with current village sticker from their town. And the car is in the same spot everyday. Would it be considered "abandoned"?.
The abandoned auto process takes time. In my town, and my previous town, we are to check to make sure it fits certain criteria (flat tire, broken windows, expired registration in addition to other stuff etc..) If it fits that, we write a warning citation, take photos of the veh condition, then check to see in a day or two if it has been moved or repaired. If it has not, an abandoned tow sticker is placed on it as well as an actual parking citation then we check back in 7 days. If the car is still in the same condition, we send out certified letters to the registered owners and lien holders advising them of the situation and to contact the PD or remove/repair the vehicle. If no contact is made and the vehicle is still in the same condition, it is photographed again and towed....the tow company holds on to it for whatever amount of time they can and then they try and locate the owner and then do whatever they do with it.

Quote:
you can ticket the vehicle under numerous ordinances, eventhough, you don't have all the facts. So how can an enforcment officer write tickets based on assumptions? Or is there an agenda to writing tickets? Go to court and prove your innocent. But a lot of people will pay the ticket vs losing income from work. So your pleaing guilty because you have too.
Huh?!
An infraction should fit the ordinance....if it doesn't, the owner should go to court to contest it bc it's not fitting the ordinance. People shouldn't please guilty if they aren't. There is no agenda to writing parking tickets.....especially measly parking tickets...IMO. The officer goes on what evidence he has at the time to write the ticket.
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
It isn't parked illegal. It isn't being used, because it's winter. And police find that it is probable cause to ticket the vehicle for non usage.
It isn't being used. Ticketed for Non-Usage. Doesn't "Non Usage" mean not using something? Sorry, I just thought it was funny.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
It isn't being used. Ticketed for Non-Usage. Doesn't "Non Usage" mean not using something? Sorry, I just thought it was funny.
I'm a professional comedian that volunteers on CLSB.
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 06:58 PM

yeah tickets like this make me want to turn into the incredible hulk and fling fucking cars like poo!!
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 02:09 PM

Sportbike: 690R
Years Riding: 4

god I want to move the hell outta IL and the chicago area... This shit is getting ridiculous.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 02:24 PM

Sportbike: '03 Gsxr 1000, '04 Zuma,07 GSXR 600 trackbike
Years Riding: june 2007, since new,july '10

Send a message via AIM to Pilotx1 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotx1
his bikes tires are probably flat, its under some torn ass shitty blue walmart tarp held on with all manner of tape, all while put next to the 3 or 4 fiero shells that will never run again that hes got stacked on blocks.

-Jason
CCS AM #31
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotx1 View Post
his bikes tires are probably flat, its under some torn ass shitty blue walmart tarp held on with all manner of tape, all while put next to the 3 or 4 fiero shells that will never run again that hes got stacked on blocks.

pics or shennanigans

post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloWrx View Post
pics or shennanigans

When you're hear longer you'll realize the original poster is an idiot and the description of a tarp is probably spot on.

Chris
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 03:42 PM

hahahaha.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
When you're hear longer you'll realize the original poster is an idiot and the description of a tarp is probably spot on.
Your just hating because you don't know how to turn a scope on.

I forgot, Illinois doesn't have any cops that are corrupt and gotten arrested.

And I'm not the only one complaining about "said" town on the internet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode