quick legal advice regarding ex-employer?? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Traffic Violations Advice Corner Got screwed lately? Get advise from others that dealt with it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
1 piece at a time

Sportbike: Ninja ZX-6'DinoSaki'
Years Riding: Since I joined!
How you found us: teh intarwebz

Send a message via AIM to hexraptor Send a message via MSN to hexraptor Send a message via Yahoo to hexraptor
quick legal advice regarding ex-employer??

Hey guys, don't I have the right to get a printout of my hours worked from the ex-employer??

So far, getting a very hard time from anyone, both the employees that've worked at the crystal lake store (have to get my hours from there, since I worked at that location), said they were not allowed to give it to me and said I had to call the boss, 'Ahmed'. He's not easy to get a hold of in the first place, and kinda irks me that I've got to try getting a ride out there *again* to just hopefully get that information. Personally don't trust them not to mess with my hours, since one of my first paychecks was a good 8 hours lower than it should've been. Since that time i've been getting copies of when I worked from their system so as to have proof of time worked.

Not to mention that I don't have his number, and cannot get it from any employee, so never sure if they're even trying. Knew I shouldn't have deleted it when I wiped my phone

- Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

I've heard that it's easier to make sure that if they screw you, you already have something of equal or greater value than what they can potentially screw you out of.

... cracker jack box inserts are in no way shape or form Legal Advice.

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
1 piece at a time

Send a message via AIM to hexraptor Send a message via MSN to hexraptor Send a message via Yahoo to hexraptor
Ummmm...So, I should snag the keys to her beemer?

It'd be nice to have that in 'writing', from the program "wireless manager" which is used for clocking in and out, invoices, and stock..that way if my hours were somehow lower than what I printed from wireless manager, it'd be irrefutable proof that they *had* to have changed it.

- Steve

Last edited by hexraptor; 01-28-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
1 piece at a time

well, I know from writing it down really quick on a piece of paper that I should have 58 hrs, 460 net and ~400 gross, but I can't prove it

- Steve
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 12:40 AM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

are you willing to say where you work?

If this is a corporate company. You can call headquarters and your paycheck isn't accurate.

If nothing works out, you have to take them to small claims and sue them for what your entitled to.

Is there anyone that is a boss of the bearded lady? Talk to them, and say your missing hours on your paycheck.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
1 piece at a time

Nope, they're a indirect verizon store, not corporate. So bearded-boss-lady is top dog, so to speak.

Wouldn't be worth it to take it to small claims/court if they did, I'd just have to dish out some revenge served cold

- Steve
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 12:49 AM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

i wouldnt expect a lot of honesty from the place that fired you for only being 10 minutes early
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 12:50 AM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

so who actually pays you? Is it the guy that owns the franchise? I would try to get in contact with him.

unless bearded lady is doing the owner, then your out of luck.

I'm sure there are probably government departments in illinois with labor laws you might want to check out.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
1 piece at a time

speaking of honesty...Can you say...rip off for customers??

Looking at the new phone pricing sheet they gave us, I'd NEVER go to an indirect store again for a phone. From their price, if I upgrade to a voyager, I'd pay 229..it can be had for 79 from a corporate store.

They technically STEAL from the customer in regards to NE2 (new every 2, get either $50 or $100 towards upgrade after 20 months). If I had a $50 NE2 available, I'd only get $30 off the phone's price, and if I had $100 NE2 available, i'd only get $50 off. They have us tell the customer "the rest will come off on the 2nd bill" IF they ask about it (which, I found out from a verizon agent on the phone verizon corporate doesn't do!!). If the customer does not know about their NE2, they have us check the box when doing the upgrade, which USES their NE2 and they are pretty much out $50 or $100, and once that phone is activated, there's nothing verizon corporate can do to give said customer their money back. (basically use their NE2 up, and don't take any of it off the phone price)

UNF-ING believable!!

So...any store named "Spirit Communications", stay FAR away. Didn't find out till a week or 2 before I was fired till I found that out, just added to the dislike of the boss..how can you expect to build up a customer base like that?!

Btw, most of the board here won't have to worry about it, as they own the indirect stores from mchenry, to rockford, down to dekalb pretty much.

- Steve
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
1 piece at a time

btw, with the issue above regarding new every 2 credits...is that something I should tell verizon corporate about, or BBB??

I know that indirect stores are allowed to vary on the pricing, but taking ne2 money is pretty shady

- Steve
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 01:05 AM
Irony helps us play!

Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear

You are free to post your experiences about said business in any means you wish to around the community....as long as you keep it FACTUAL...

When you say something not true is when you open yourself up for exposure... but if people know where the better deals are, that's just one consumer helping another...

The best revenge requires only a little bit of legwork and word of mouth

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
1 piece at a time

yes. definitely factual. Against *their* rules to tell anyone about their pricing..but, seeing as I no longer work there, I'm not obligated by *their* rules. not proprietary or confidential info either...so...

- Steve
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
1 piece at a time

On that note, I will wait for my check to come in, and give verizon corporate a heads up regarding NE2 (and make 100% sure that i'm correct regarding the new every 2), and let them deal with it. Can't complain about phone pricing *too* much because they have to make money, but other issue is def. not up to verizon's customer care standards

Apparently another issue is in the system, you are able to see a customer's VIP status, if they are, you are NOT supposed to charge them for a phone book/media transfer when they are upgrading..another thing that the boss failed to tell us, and I got reamed by a verizon corp. agent on that regard.

And if you wanted to get out of paying the whole $12 for a phonebook transfer/$25 for media transfer, you could let them 'donate' the old phone...as in, if it works, let them clear it and re-sell for 50-100 as a 'refurbished' phone.

- Steve

Last edited by hexraptor; 01-29-2009 at 01:12 AM.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 10:28 AM

Sportbike: A couple
Years Riding: too long to have any sense
How you found us: NESBA

You did keep your pay stubs, right? They should show the number of hours worked and paid.

Craig
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
1 piece at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by beac83 View Post
You did keep your pay stubs, right? They should show the number of hours worked and paid.
yeah, but it doesn't show your hours you have yet get paid, only the hours they've put through whatever company/program to pay the checks.

- Steve
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 12:50 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

Steve, get off the computer and go find a job. I know it sucks but that's the past. Focus your efforts on the future. Be positive - they just opened a door for you !
there are still jobs out there.

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
1 piece at a time

indeed..sucks it's snowing right now, or i'd be longboarding around to different places..

At least I've got my old resumes still saved, so far have one made towards teller and one towards a warehouse position...careerbuilder.com for now.

- Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode