Speeding Ticket - Need local Elgin Lawyer - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Traffic Violations Advice Corner Got screwed lately? Get advise from others that dealt with it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2010 Honda VFR 1200
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: Friend

Talking Speeding Ticket - Need local Elgin Lawyer

Got a speeding ticket doing 80 on route 20 in Elgin. Cop gave me a court date and I need a lawyer to get me out of the speeding ticket without impacting my driving record. I can take the class and will be put on 120 days of supervision, and if no violation happens in next 120 days, the ticket won't show in my driving record. 120 days??? season just beginning, you be the judge. Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 11:13 PM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

You will probably get the same deal whether you hire a lawyer or not. If you hire a laywer and get the same deal you have gotten w/o one...then youre just paying extra $ for the lawyer. The only way to "get out of the ticket" is to go to trial and hope to be found not guilty. Even if they work something out by pleading it down to a lower fine, you still do the whole supervision thing if you do not want it as a conviction on your record.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Don't stare for too long

Sportbike: 2 Wheels and an engine
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: ?

Revenue making season is beginning. All in the name of safety (my ass). The last ticket I had, went in without a lawyer, cost me $175 in fines and got 90 days supervision. This was for 76 or 77 in 55. Going in with a lawyer will give you peace of mind that the outcome will be favorable (afterall, if they suspend your license, they can't make more $$ off of you later ).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 12:04 AM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
(afterall, if they suspend your license, they can't make more $$ off of you later ).
Hahahaha....that's true, if having your license suspended actually stops you from driving or riding. If you're caught driving after that, everyone will be making more $ off of you, the State for multiple citations, the Tow Company who tows your ride, the Village/City if they have the $500 impound fee etc...

Court Costs in Dupage are $285 minimum and are all pre-set. I'm sure other Counties are the same.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 12:08 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

Fast as fast can be, you'll never catch me!

"anyone else remember that lil jackoloup"?

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 12:09 AM

Sportbike: '03 Gsxr 1000, '04 Zuma,07 GSXR 600 trackbike
Years Riding: june 2007, since new,july '10
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to Pilotx1 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotx1
GPZ,

80 in a 55? doesnt sound like a revenue ticket to me

-Jason
CCS AM #31
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Don't stare for too long

Sportbike: 2 Wheels and an engine
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: ?

Jason,

If conditions permit, 80 is normal cruising speed on many area highways... When was the last time you were on 294 and traffic was moving slower than 70/75..
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Jason,

If conditions permit, 80 is normal cruising speed on many area highways... When was the last time you were on 294 and traffic was moving slower than 70/75..
pretty much everytime

-Jason
CCS AM #31
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 12:15 AM
[Online]

Sportbike: Multistrada 1100S; CBR600RR
Years Riding: Since 2004
How you found us: CRR

Quote:
Jason,

Seconded. Couple of years ago I tried driving on 294 exactly at speed limit one night (out of curiosity). Note that the traffic was light. I had to immediately get to the rightmost lane. But even then everyone was passing, often unsafely. Either that, or a cluster of cars was forming around (note 1/4 of mile front and back there were 3 clear lanes!). Fuck that. I'd rather risk a fine than my life.

- Stas

Thou shalt not disfigure the soul.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 12:43 AM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

You make no mention of past history! Because that will play a factor with the decision the SA and judge make.

I am still trying to figure out why most people haven't figured out that the northern il areas i.e Woodstock, Mchenry, Elgin, Huntley,Richmond etc etc have the highest amount of speed traps in the state and produce more revenue then most city's and town in il.

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Failed rehab

Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML

Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Quote:
Jason,

Thirded (if thats even a word)

I'm up and down the entire length of 294 more than I'd like. Except the construction zones, if I set my cruise at 70, I'd better not be in the left lane or else. . Even in the construction zones, 60 has people flying past me like I'm parked.

Trying to drive at 55 is darn near suicidal.
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/02/28/v...-for-disaster/

TO the OP, Criminalgrrl is probably right in the run of the mill case. BUT, it depends on the circumstances and the ASA that handles your case. They do get some latitude in what they can offer. Having a lawyer on your side can help get you a more favorable outcome than the standard issue plea offer.

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.

Last edited by Rob, Esq.; 03-23-2009 at 06:54 AM.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 07:34 AM

Im just saying that in my experience you get a ticket when you attract the attention of the officer, a bike moving at the pace of traffic will not sitck out except for being a bike, but that is going against us no matter what speed youre riding.

Im willing to bet he wasnt just keeping up with traffic,which was probably pretty light on a sun afternoon in early spring.

and yes i totally agree that attempting to go the speed limit when everyone else is doing +20 is suicidal, and again youd attract the officers attention on that one as well.

btw all i get is static for audio on the video
and a rolling roadblock like that is a real dick thing to do of course its gonna piss people off they knew it would, youre surprised. if people can go around you they will, it is easy to adhere to a speed lower than 75 on the highway

-Jason
CCS AM #31

Last edited by Pilotx1; 03-23-2009 at 07:38 AM.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
go to court, and plead your case. no need to hire a lawyer. tell them you had just changed out the sprokets ON YOUR OWN and thought that your speedo was adjusted correctly, but turns out it wasnt. the judge would more then likely give you a break, and still give you court supervision, and may knock it down to 90 days or so. IF your license hasnt been busted lately for speeding. the issue is some counties share info back and forth and others dont. this would be no different then speeding in a car.as long as you dont have alot of past speeders in your background u should be fine. if you do, i have a lawyers name i can pass you if you want.

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 10:22 AM

Sportbike: 07 gsxr1000
Years Riding: started at 7 sportbike a few
How you found us: buddy

If you need a lawyer I used Robert Klein from south Elgin. he was pretty good , I used him on an appeal for an un safe start.
I am sure the people that are in law enforcement on this board
gave you good advice and will help you save money, but there is a name if you would like to use him.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 04:13 PM

Let me know if you still need a lawyer I can send you a name and phone number tomorrow. My attorney knew the judge and prosecutor when I went to court I believe he was a prosecuting attorney for Elgin before his private practice.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2010 Honda VFR 1200
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: Friend

Thanks everybody for their input. After reading through the comments and comparing pros and cons, it was cheapest to plea guilty and pay the fine plus attend the safety school and get 120 days supervision from the court w/o physically going to the court. Paid $140 in fines including school fees. Now I just have to be careful for next 120 days and nothing will be in my record.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode