Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

GODFATHER jobless!!!!

1K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Godfather 
#1 ·
Just letting yall know that Woody and I enjoyed the 3 weeks we were up there meeting all that we did. But we will not be coming back Southwestern Bell has decided to take the locating of their lines back in house so Woody and I are out of a job as of Feb 14th and that is why we wont be coming back....:(

:(GODFATHER:(

#2 ·
GODFATHER said:
Just letting yall know that Woody and I enjoyed the 3 weeks we were up there meeting all that we did. But we will not be coming back Southwestern Bell has decided to take the locating of their lines back in house so Woody and I are out of a job as of Feb 14th and that is why we wont be coming back....:(

That sucks. Let's start donating plasma for the "Godfather fund" :D

Seriously though anything I can do to help lemme know.

#9 ·
Sorry to hear bout that shit bro, that really sucks:mad

Mark:p

#10 ·
v2neal said:
Well that certainly sucks. :(
Does that mean the Texas job is gone too?
Yup Texas is a goner too!!!:mad

We already lost 20% of the company revenue when we lost the Ameritech contract and now another 60% when we lost the SWBT contract:confused I dont see SM&P sticking around too much longer.....

BUT!!!!!!!ON A GOOD NOTE!!!!!

Just after posting this and finding out about the whole thing I got a call from my buddy at KGS (Kansas Gas Service) Ive had a resume in with them for over a year now and he called me for an interview....:eek He asked how I was doing and I told him that it could be better considering that I just found out we dont have jobs after Feb 14th, he then told me that this will be a good call then and continued to tell me that I have an interview Dec 4th at 9am so pray for me to get it someone was looking out for me today....

Jim....:D

#11 ·
:cheers Hell yeah! I hope the gas interview works out for ya. If so can I call and ask if you have gas? :jester

#15 ·
GODFATHER said:

Just after posting this and finding out about the whole thing I got a call from my buddy at KGS (Kansas Gas Service) Ive had a resume in with them for over a year now and he called me for an interview....:eek He asked how I was doing and I told him that it could be better considering that I just found out we dont have jobs after Feb 14th, he then told me that this will be a good call then and continued to tell me that I have an interview Dec 4th at 9am so pray for me to get it someone was looking out for me today....

Jim....:D

That's great Jim. We'll be prayin' over here. Good luck.:D :D :D

#16 ·
GODFATHER said:

What? That sucks. I was hoping you guys would be back again to hang out. :( Woody told me before you guys left there was some issues, but I wasn't expecting that. :( Sorry to hear that guys.

#18 ·
Hey Dude. Check with Linder lake in alsip IL. Ask for Mark Poncer. Dont remeber thier number dial 411 and ask for it. They have a lot of open contracts and should be able to find ya something. Thats who we use for contractors.

#19 · (Edited)
UPDATE!!!!! UPDATE!!!!! UPDATE !!!!! I got the job

Hey Yall yesterday I had an interview with KGS and later in the day they offered me the position. So I now am on with them, somewhere Ive been trying to get on to for over 5 years now. Insurance is completely paid for, dental is $50.00 a month. And it is with the steelworkers union of america. I start out at $11.25hr but after 90days I get $2.00 raise and then again at 6months and then a year. When I walk in the door i automatically get 5 days vacation and 15 days sick leave and the sick leave is accumulative so it builds up so every year I get 15 more days. Someone who just retired from there just got a $13,000.00 check from all the sick leave they built up. My last day is the 19th of this month im taking off for a week and then start the 27th.

:DGODFATHER:D

#20 ·
GODFATHER said:

Hey Yall yesterday I had an interview with KGS and later in the day they offered me the position. So I now am on with them, somewhere Ive been trying to get on to for over 5 years now. Insurance is completely paid for, dental is $50.00 a month. And it is with the steelworkers union of america. I start out at $11.25hr but after 90days I get $2.00 raise and then again at 6months and then a year. When I walk in the door i automatically get 5 days vacation and 15 days sick leave and the sick leave is accumulative so it builds up so every year I get 15 more days. Someone who just retired from there just got a $13,000.00 check from all the sick leave they built up. My last day is the 19th of this month im taking off for a week and then start the 27th.

Good news, glad everything turned out ok:cheers :cheers :D

#21 ·
:cheers
Hell yeah, that kicks ass! Looks like a Merry Drunken Po-Tang Christmas at the Godfather residence. :-

#23 ·
GODFATHER said:

OH HELL YEAH DUDE!!! :D:D That's definitely great news!! I knew that shit would work out yo!

#26 ·
Odysseys said:
hey bro, do you know how to take the lock off the gas meter, havent paid my gas bill in 4 months , can you believe they shut my gas off:confused
Oh holy hell thats some funny shit:rofl

Like Chris said pay the bill:laughing

But seriously man those damn things are next to impossible to get off have ya looked at it closely:nono Whomever invented those things was a freak!!!!!:rolleyes

Hell down here they cant turn off your elec or gas until it reaches above 50 degrees......:confused

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.