1. Chicago Cubs outfielder Andre Dawson on being a
role model: "I want all dem kids to do what I do, to look
up to me. I want all the kids to copulate me."
2. New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked
about the upcoming season: "I want to rush for 1,000 or
1,500 yards, whichever comes first."
3. And, upon hearing Joe Jacobi of the 'Skins say:
"I'd run over my own mother to win the Super Bowl, "Matt
Millen of the Raiders said: "To win, I'd run over Joe's Mom,
4. Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on
his coach, John Jenkins: "He treats us like men. He lets us
5. Football commentator and former player Joe
Theismann, 1996: "Nobody in football should be called a
genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
6. Senior basketball player at the University of
Pittsburgh: "I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how
long it takes." (now that is beautiful)
7. Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach:
"You guys line up alphabetically by height." And, "You guys
pair up in groups of three, and then line up in a circle."
8. Boxing promoter Dan Duva on Mike Tyson going to
"Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter?
He went to prison for three years, not Princeton."
9. Stu Grimson, Chicago Blackhawks left wing,
explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself above his
locker: "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I
can still find my clothes."
10. Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan
training regime of heavyweight Andrew Golota: "He's a guy
who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of
what time it is."
11. Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball
player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared
nervous at practice: "My sister's expecting a baby, and I
don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt." (I
wonder if his IQ ever hit room temperature in January)
--I got this emailed to me today..I thought it was pretty funny