Amazon - Review of the Bible - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

The Funny Papers got some funny stuff? Make us laugh.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

Amazon - Review of the Bible

Amazon - Review of the Bible
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:

I liked how it started out, but it got old really fast, April 14, 2005

Reviewer: Joseph Dewey (South Jordan, UT USA) - See all my reviews

I've never read the Bible before, but a lot of friends at work were like, "Dude, you gotta read the Bible," so I decided to read it.

It started out really cool, except for the first part where God was making the earth and the animals, and plants and stuff--that was way too star trek for me.

But the cool part is where Adam and his Eve woke up, like poof in the garden and were naked. I was like, "Rock on, Adam...you're streaking naked in a garden with a naked woman." And, God told them to go forth and multiply like jackrabbits, so I was like, "Whoa, Adam...you rock." But, then I wondered if Eve was ugly or not, because that would put a huge damper on multiplying like jackrabbits. But, then I thought well, if Eve's the first woman that Adam's ever seen then maybe it doesn't matter if she's ugly as sin--kind of like the fat girl that everyone makes out with in jr. high, or the first night you get drunk and wake up with an ugly chick--you really don't know any better at the time.

Anyway, I thought that Adam rocked.

But, then I got to the story of Noah, and I was like..."Dude, this story is seriously messed up." First, God picks a zookeeper to be the chosen one. God is like "Dude, Noah, you're like the Neo, and you have to save everyone. Except, dude, everyone's going to die except the animals. So save the animals, dude."

So Noah starts building this boat for a bunch of animals. And, he's like 600 years old...I mean, like what 600 year old dude can both be a zookeeper and build a boat. If it were me, I'd say to God, "I'll either build your dumb boat or I'll take care of your animals, but not both."

So, I was wondering then what kind of a head trip that Noah must have been on, trying to save all of the animals and build a boat big enough to put all of the animals in...that thing must have been huge! But, I heard they had some good shrooms back then, so I'm sure he ate a bunch of the good shrooms to get him through being a zookeeper. I figure that, because I've got a friend who works in a zoo, and she's high on shrooms all the time.

Well, anyway, he gets all these animals into the ark, and then they must have been on that ark for like one or two years, because Noah keeps throwing these birds off the ark and sometimes they come back and sometimes they don't. But, I don't blame the birds for not coming back, because the ark must have stunk really bad with millions of animals all crammed in there for two years.

And, I wondered...well, if Noah's all doped up on shrooms, then he's probably not a very good zookeeper, and probably thousands of these animals are dying. I remember I had about twenty fish when I was little, and they only lasted for about three days. Except a fish I had called Goldie, and Goldie lasted for a few weeks. And, I tried really hard to make those fish live, except when I accidentally dropped all of the food in the tank. But, my point is that I killed off the fish, and I wasn't doped up on shrooms, so Noah must have killed off a ton more animals than I did.

So, I get to wondering why God killed everyone off but Noah, and I'm thinking..."dude, this Bible is way depressing, because there's just way too much death and destruction, and I'm only on page 25." And, then it got really boring, so I just thumbed through the rest of it, and I didn't ever see any more really cool stories like the story of Adam streaking and multiplying like jackrabbits. It all seemed like more of the same boring Noah stuff.

So, I'm giving it a few stars, because Adam rocked, and he's my hero now. But, the rest of it was really depressing, so that's why I didn't give it five stars.

Was this review helpful to you? (Report this)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...9444472-0159327

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 09:58 PM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
OMG thats fucken great.

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 11:15 PM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

Rofl

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 11:28 PM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
some how I can just see this kid pumping a devil sign going, DUDE Adam you rock.

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 06:39 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Good find, Jim.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 07:35 AM
Old bikes RULE! RIDE ONE!

Sportbike: Aspencade - sold, GSX-R 1000, GSX 600 F - sold, CB 250, DT 100 A, JR 50
Years Riding: since dirt was new and Jesus was a baby
How you found us: Doc, CherryPicker, BFree - The Paddock at Grattan Raceway

That's hilarious.

If he was impressed by the Adam & Eve interplay, he should have paid more attention to Solomon. He was the MACK!

Bill Taborn, Jr.

"For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard..."

The first turn is the worst turn, between the left ear and the right one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode