Q & A with Ricky Bobby - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

The Funny Papers got some funny stuff? Make us laugh.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Q & A with Ricky Bobby

Q&A: Ricky Bobby
NASCAR.COM
July 30, 2006
01:50 PM EDT (17:50 GMT)
SHUQULAK, Miss. -- Almost 2,000 miles from Hollywood, Ricky Bobby is holed up at the Bee Hive Café trying to get a grasp on the boffo box-office numbers of the just-released Talladega Nights.

In the hinterlands of Noxubee County, Ricky Bobby is just another 'neck, proud to be red -- white and blue, too. And it was there, along Highway 21, that NASCAR.COM caught up with the Silver (Screen) Fox.

Ricky Bobby
Ricky Bobby will go to any lengths. Credit: Suzanne Hanover/S.M.P.S.P.

NASCAR.COM: How does it compare, being recognized as a box-office success compared to a stock-car driver?

Ricky Bobby: I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. ... I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books. I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am.

NASCAR.COM: That's quite a litany of accomplishments.

Ricky Bobby: How many sarcastic pills did you take this morning?

NASCAR.COM: Apparently not enough. ... You just finished a test at Daytona in which you topped ...

Ricky Bobby: You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered with hair.

NASCAR.COM: You topped 217 mph.

Ricky Bobby: Yeah, thanks. Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But it's not exactly street legal, so keep it on the down low.

NASCAR.COM: Is the adrenaline rush that much different between 190 and 217 mph?

Ricky Bobby: It's a formidable scent. ... It stings the nostrils. In a good way. ... I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.

NASCAR.COM: Changing subjects, you're scheduled to appear Thursday night on Larry King Live. Has anyone prepped you for your close-up?

Ricky Bobby: Recent research has shown that empirical evidence for globalization of corporate innovation is very limited and as a corollary the market for technologies is shrinking. As a world leader, it's important for America to provide systematic research grants for our scientists. I believe strongly there will always be a need for us to have a well-articulated innovation policy with emphasis on human resource development. Thank you.

NASCAR.COM: ... Umm yeah, moving on. Talladega Nights premiered this weekend. What were your thoughts on seeing your life story on the big screen?

Ricky Bobby
Ricky Bobby is a showman. Credit: Suzanne Hanover/S.M.P.S.P.

Ricky Bobby: I don't get out to the movies that much, but Bluntman and Chronic was blunt-tastic.

NASCAR.COM: Did you have any technical input on the film -- locations, music selections?

Ricky Bobby [singing]: Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight / Gonna grab some afternoon delight / My motto's always been, "When it's right, it's right" / Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night?

NASCAR.COM: How are you handling the media requests?

Ricky Bobby: I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly ...

NASCAR.COM: Other than an affinity for the bottle ...

Ricky Bobby: I'm gonna shoot you with a BB gun when you're not looking. Yep, back of the head.

NASCAR.COM: What, if anything, will distinguish you from the other corporate-managed drivers currently making a name for themselves in the series?

Ricky Bobby: I'm a cotton-headed ninny-muggins.

NASCAR.COM: OK ... do you think there should be a more diversified group of drivers?

Ricky Bobby: Well, I could be wrong, but I believe, uh, diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Ricky Bobby
Ricky Bobby's fire suit says all you need to know about Ricky Bobby. Credit: Suzanne Hanover/S.M.P.S.P.

NASCAR.COM: Is there ...

Ricky Bobby: Look, the most glorious rainbow ever.

NASCAR.COM: Is there anything ...

Ricky Bobby [picking his teeth]: Ribs. I had ribs for lunch, that's why I'm doing this.

NASCAR.COM: Is there anything that separates you from a Tony Stewart or a Jimmie Johnson?

Ricky Bobby: Put the monkey down and your hands up. Let's go, misters. Do you want to get shot? I didn't think so.

NASCAR.COM: In light of Talladega Nights, how do you think fans will remember Ricky Bobby?

Ricky Bobby: All we are is dust in the wind ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode