1. Get Plastic clip ons for some missing pieces on fairings. I misplaced some plastic clips while changing fairings.
Your local or online dealer will be the only place. Fox Valley Cycles is a good place.
2. Oil Change. I'll definately goto Mr. Wink's tech day but before the season starts, any recommendations other than youtube videos? or anyone in the Aurora/Naperville here that can help? Unfortunately Valley Honda quoted $98 and Craigslist ads are $70-80.
Would you really trust your bike maint. to someone on Craig's list to save $20.00?
3. Track membership. I'll be watching this forum like a hawk but can anyone share if there are group deals? a contact there that can help?
Signing up early will allow you get a discount. Buying multiple days at an event saves money as well. This isn't a cheap hobby. Be careful where you cut corners on spending. You typically get what you pay for.
4. Getting to the track. From my fox valley naperville area im 28.1 miles from the track. Someone suggested riders who can help. Do I just post in another section or do I have to ride with a gym bag with my gear?
Someone will probably be able to car pool with you. Just keep looking.
5. Track gear. So I have a helmet and motorcycle jacket i use riding on the street. Should I look for anything else other than the below on ebay, craigslist and google.
a. racing suit
c. back protector?
e. Inner gear. Theres a lot of stuff online i find like dry fit clothes but whats really recommended? im guessing boxers and a t-shirt wont cut it?
I would not ride with anything less then great gear! No ebay off brands. You get what you pay for here. Don't skimp. 1 or 2 piece leather suit. Racing boots and full gauntlet gloves and a spine protector. If you don't find one, I have one you can use. Tested plenty of times
6. Tires. If I invest in tires for the track, can they be used for city riding or do i need a separate pair like winter tires for a car?
Your best bet for pricing is probably track side. Can't get much easier then that.
7. winter storage. So I keep her in my parents garage... other than a trickle charger and a stand, any further precautions? keep the fuel tank empty? full?
Disconnect the battery or put it on a trickle charger. Top off the tank, add fuel stabilizer and run for a few minutes to get it circulated through the system.
8. frame sliders.
They're typically going to do more harm then good when you need them. If the bike tips over, they might help a little. If you crash on track, the bike slides to the grass and the sliders usually help it flip, doing more damage then if it slid in the grass. There's a reason you won't see them on pro team bikes.
9. Motorcycle show. I plan to go on Feb 12th. Im hoping to look for deals there. anything in particular thats I should keep an eye out for?
Whatever you are looking for.
Again, I'm actively looking online to figure everything out but if there's someone in the Chicago land area where I can get help on everything, I figure I learn something new and make a connection.
Develop a relationship with your vendors and reward them with your business.