Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Seattle to Chicagoland

3K views 44 replies 25 participants last post by  CHARLY R6 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I'm currently living in Seattle and am getting ready to move to the Chicago area later this year. I mainly do trackdays and commute on my bikes, but like to get out for nice weekend rides too.

I should be in the area October/November-ish - just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! :)

#6 ·
Welcome to the board, fellow Kawi rider. :cheers

You'll be moving here at the best time of the year, just when everyone holes up in their homes because its so cold outside that you'd freeze your niblets off just thinking about riding. :jester

#12 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Welcome to the board, fellow Kawi rider. :cheers

You'll be moving here at the best time of the year, just when everyone holes up in their homes because its so cold outside that you'd freeze your niblets off just thinking about riding. :jester
Lol, no kidding. I have impeccable timing.

I'm from Olympia and just got back from there after a week vacation. Every time I visit I wonder more and more why we ever left. The roads there are amazing and I spent the whole time pining for a bike. Just an FYI, the roads here are long, straight, flat, and littered with cracks and potholes that will swallow a front tire.
I know how you feel. The NW is the best place out of all the places I've lived, and I've moved around a lot.

Tell me you track the KTM

Jeff Chen moved?

Welcome amigo
Yeah, the KTM will be on the track for sure. Just a couple weeks after I bought it, I had hand surgery and am still recovering...so I haven't been able to do a trackday with it yet.

#7 ·
I'm from Olympia and just got back from there after a week vacation. Every time I visit I wonder more and more why we ever left. The roads there are amazing and I spent the whole time pining for a bike. Just an FYI, the roads here are long, straight, flat, and littered with cracks and potholes that will swallow a front tire.

#8 ·
Our good friend just moved from Chicago to Seattle, I can't remember his nick on this forum but I am sure someone will chime in. his name is Jeff Chen ad he might be your local source for everything Chicago. Let see if someone will post his nick.
check your pm.

#11 ·
Tell me you track the KTM

Jeff Chen moved?

Welcome amigo

#22 ·
You can ship a bike anywhere for about $500 - I got my 630 out to San Diego from Chicago for $450 in a bike specific trailer with the front wheel in a chock and covered

PM me of you want their contact info - 5 star service with white glove treatment of your bike

#24 ·
Hi everyone,

I made the move here in October and have been having a lot of fun in the snow, even though it waited a long time to come. Now that the weather is starting to get better, I'm going to want to get back on two wheels as much as possible. My question for those who commute on their bikes is, where do you put your I-Pass on your bike? Do they have bike-specific transponders that aren't the huge brick they give you for your car?

Thanks!

#25 ·
Welcome to the site, first of all. Second, welcome to Chitown :)

For your I-Pass, you can register your bike on the I-Pass website. Once your bike is registered to your I-Pass account, you can leave your I-Pass at home. The scanner will pick up your bike and info and match it to your registered account. So no problems, leave that thing at home!

#27 ·
Yeah leave it at home as others have said. Also alot of times ur bikes will not trip the sensors when you go through the toll as it is set off by the weight of the vehicle. Next time you drive through the open tolling lanes look at the pavement (while on ur bike) and you will see them. If you ride the white lines that devide the lanes you can avoid the snesors thus avoiding the toll ;-)

#37 ·
Where in the Seattle area did you live? I used to work in the Seatec /Kent area when I lived in Olympia. I do miss it out there
I lived east of the city, near Redmond. It's by far my favorite place I've lived so far. I'll eventually end up back out that way, hopefully in Oregon.

I've been to Seattle, pretty cool town.

Welcome to Chicago!
Silly...

Where did you end up living ?
We rented a house up north on Channel Lake, just off 173. I like it. It's a small, quiet, and older neighborhood. I hope they like the sound of bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.