Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

New, Old Member.

8K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  piers31 
#1 ·
Hey...

It's been years. I can't believe this is still going. I wonder who is still around? Hope you all are doing well.

Do you still do bike nights?

I lost my old email so, my user name is the same, but different.

Naked Bandit. 👍😎🤙

#4 ·
Still pop in here. Havent rode the YZF since 2013. Havent been on the HD this year at all. 1st ride of any motorcycle this year will be this weekend at Road America. Street riding lost its fun after getting hit by a hit and run car on the HD in 2014 then 2 weeks later 2 guys got killed here by a hit and run. HD probably is going to be sold soon. Looking at getting rid of the YZF, if I can find someone who wants it in the condition its in. The petcock failed and flooded the engine and took 4 months to get a new one shipped. By the time I got the part it was winter. Then the crash. Its been sitting untouched. Needs carbs worked on and alot of the consumables all went at the same time (brake pads, chain/sprockets, tires, clutch) and the front forks need a new slider tube (chrome flaked). One of those everything happened at once.

#5 ·
Sorry, to hear about all the craziness. I just returned to motorcycling after a 9-year hiatus, a few months ago.

I live in Dekalb County so the backroads are farms and it's pretty laid back out here. I am thinking of going to MOTOBLOT in September. Other than that, I was hoping to make a nice night or two.

You guys still do those and who is still around?

#7 ·
There isn’t a lot of activity here these days. I’m back in Chicago after working out east for a few years. Unfortunately, I haven’t been on the bike much this year. The Strom is ready to ride, just haven’t had anywhere to ride to lately. Too much work to do.

#8 ·
I got old....moved to the Burbs with the Old Lady and her (2) kids about 8 years ago and am full on Harley now...and happy as hell - Test Rode the new FTR Indian the other day and could not believe that I use to ride "fast bikes" like that - I have a Bagger and an old FXR....still Kabitz with Stan now and then and see G2G about once a year - Will text now and then with UD but still ride every Sat and Sun with Old HD Geezers from my neighborhood that will leave by 7a on a Sat or Sun and get home by 6p and log 300 miles for a good burger....old grizzled bastards love to ride

Back still fucked up.....even slower than I was before but still rolling

Oh and I am still ridiculously good looking

#9 ·
Wow what a blast from the past finally got back on, so many great rides , some sadness with troy and I never had a chance to talk to j rock, hope all you guys are doing ok

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.