New, Old Member. - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

New Member Introductions new to the club? looking for your first bike? what ever, come on in and say hello.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2020, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

New, Old Member.

Hey...

It's been years. I can't believe this is still going. I wonder who is still around? Hope you all are doing well.

Do you still do bike nights?

I lost my old email so, my user name is the same, but different.

Naked Bandit. 👍😎🤙
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 10:25 PM

Same here, Forgot my old account and just wanted to jump back in and see if this place was still around
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2020, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Is kind of sad to see most of this gone. I guess it was inevitable. Anyone going to the MotoGP viewing at the Triumph dealer in St Charles this Sunday at Noon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2020, 06:05 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Still pop in here. Havent rode the YZF since 2013. Havent been on the HD this year at all. 1st ride of any motorcycle this year will be this weekend at Road America. Street riding lost its fun after getting hit by a hit and run car on the HD in 2014 then 2 weeks later 2 guys got killed here by a hit and run. HD probably is going to be sold soon. Looking at getting rid of the YZF, if I can find someone who wants it in the condition its in. The petcock failed and flooded the engine and took 4 months to get a new one shipped. By the time I got the part it was winter. Then the crash. Its been sitting untouched. Needs carbs worked on and alot of the consumables all went at the same time (brake pads, chain/sprockets, tires, clutch) and the front forks need a new slider tube (chrome flaked). One of those everything happened at once.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2020, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob View Post
Still pop in here. Havent rode the YZF since 2013. Havent been on the HD this year at all. 1st ride of any motorcycle this year will be this weekend at Road America. Street riding lost its fun after getting hit by a hit and run car on the HD in 2014 then 2 weeks later 2 guys got killed here by a hit and run. HD probably is going to be sold soon. Looking at getting rid of the YZF, if I can find someone who wants it in the condition its in. The petcock failed and flooded the engine and took 4 months to get a new one shipped. By the time I got the part it was winter. Then the crash. Its been sitting untouched. Needs carbs worked on and alot of the consumables all went at the same time (brake pads, chain/sprockets, tires, clutch) and the front forks need a new slider tube (chrome flaked). One of those everything happened at once.
Sorry, to hear about all the craziness. I just returned to motorcycling after a 9-year hiatus, a few months ago.

I live in Dekalb County so the backroads are farms and it's pretty laid back out here. I am thinking of going to MOTOBLOT in September. Other than that, I was hoping to make a nice night or two.

You guys still do those and who is still around?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2020, 07:47 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Dunno if theres any bike nights other than the Cycle Gear ones.

CCS racing at Road America this weekend. Heading up tomorrow.

1st time riding this year and I'll be on this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg svbhfside.jpg (66.4 KB, 3 views)

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2020, 07:06 PM

Sportbike: A couple
Years Riding: too long to have any sense
How you found us: NESBA

There isn’t a lot of activity here these days. I’m back in Chicago after working out east for a few years. Unfortunately, I haven’t been on the bike much this year. The Strom is ready to ride, just haven’t had anywhere to ride to lately. Too much work to do.

Craig
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 08:36 AM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

I got old....moved to the Burbs with the Old Lady and her (2) kids about 8 years ago and am full on Harley now...and happy as hell - Test Rode the new FTR Indian the other day and could not believe that I use to ride "fast bikes" like that - I have a Bagger and an old FXR....still Kabitz with Stan now and then and see G2G about once a year - Will text now and then with UD but still ride every Sat and Sun with Old HD Geezers from my neighborhood that will leave by 7a on a Sat or Sun and get home by 6p and log 300 miles for a good burger....old grizzled bastards love to ride

Back still fucked up.....even slower than I was before but still rolling

Oh and I am still ridiculously good looking

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2020, 10:24 PM
wrench & ride

Sportbike: Too many
Years Riding: long enough to live, over 30yr
How you found us: some metric squids

Wow what a blast from the past finally got back on, so many great rides , some sadness with troy and I never had a chance to talk to j rock, hope all you guys are doing ok

LIVE FREE OR DIE

07 zx14 dragbike Gone
11 zx14 hyper touring couch
08 zx 10 lightswitch track machine gone
11 s1000rr street track
12 HD Fatboy 103

Behind all action is motivation calculate the motivation and discover the truth. Personal composition

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode