another interesting cub factoid - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

another interesting cub factoid

the last 4 playoff apperance the cubs have been in, have them loosing the last 3 games of the series!!!

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 06:49 PM
CLSB SuperHero

Sportbike: None right now
Years Riding: since '95
How you found us: friend

Interesting......they have to live up to the lovable loser title.

Life is too short to ride anything but an R1

In memory of FastBlueR1...RIP

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

Quote:
Originally posted by TerminatorR1
Interesting......they have to live up to the lovable loser title.
hey nice avitar!

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 07:58 PM
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Big Wheel
Years Riding: Since 3
How you found us: This is required?

How was that Sox series against the Twins?
How was that Sox series when they got swept by the 2nd worst team ever in MLB history?

The Cubs beat a team with the best record in the NL and went on to game 7 with another team with a much better record then their own.

You guys bore me...you'd still be whining about something even if we won the World Series
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 07:14 AM
CLSB SuperHero

Sportbike: None right now
Years Riding: since '95
How you found us: friend

Quote:
Originally posted by crazeinc
How was that Sox series against the Twins?
How was that Sox series when they got swept by the 2nd worst team ever in MLB history?

The Cubs beat a team with the best record in the NL and went on to game 7 with another team with a much better record then their own.

You guys bore me...you'd still be whining about something even if we won the World Series
How was that Sox Cub series??

Life is too short to ride anything but an R1

In memory of FastBlueR1...RIP

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 08:00 AM
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Big Wheel
Years Riding: Since 3
How you found us: This is required?

Quote:
Originally posted by TerminatorR1
How was that Sox Cub series??
That's the best you could do?

What about it? It obviously didn't hurt us enough to not make it into the playoffs.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 08:41 AM

If you can be happy that your team set you up and crushed every hope you had for a world series thats great. Thats a cubs fan I guess. Go ahead and blame Steve Bartman or The Goat or whatever curse is currently haunting wrigley and its players. There is a reason Atlanta had all those tickets available for cub fans to buy up and that is because those fans don't settle for the playoffs (ie 13 times in a row). You can only have so much "faith" in a team and I don't think you can have faith in the cubs, you can only "hope" they don't dissapoint you like they have time and time again.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 08:48 AM

Sportbike: CURRENTLY LOOKING
Years Riding: since I was 8
How you found us: The NET is MINE

You guys are just funny. You chastise(Sp?) us for supporting our team, and for being positive about what they DID accomplish. The reason Sox fans don't go to the games is because their park Sux... end of story (How often do you sell out?)

Bartman is not to blame, nor is the stupid goat, but if you call yourself a baseball fan, superstition has a lot to do with the game and the Cubs are not the only ones with the... and it is not just the losing teams that have all the superstition.

Sux did not make it to the playoffs and in reality the CUBS made a lot of people watch the games, check out the ratings... a lot of Sux fans even watched... I think a Cubs vs RedSox would have done tons for baseball but it did not happen.

Reality is that baseball might have another strike and the game will be ruined for ever... I was hoping more for the game than for the Cubs that the series would have been different... the way things are Baseball is not Americas past time anymore and that sucks.

Go to a Cubs game, have some peanuts and beer and then come and bash the cubbies. If you have not done that just shut up

Logtar - John

My Blog - @Logtar - Google+
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 08:55 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

okay-------they are redoing SOX park upperdeck, ratings were high cause Most SOX fans were relishing in the futility of the yuppies on jolt and cubs.

There must be a curse.......bad things do not just happen everytime the make it this far. can't be a coincident. And now they are out for the season SAMMY SOSA wants to renegotiate his contract already???WTF is that???? I feel for the Cubs. Thats just wrong!!! He just got a great deal did'nt he??? Give him more, give other players less or have to get rid of REAL talent or pass up on getting real talent to shore up the BP. Unreal

DO NOT FORGIVE STEVEN BARTMAN IT'S ALL HIS FAULT!!!!
HE LOST ALL OF YOU THE WORLD SERIES!!!
DON'T BELIEVE THE INNOCENCE HYPE!!
HE'S GUILTY AS SIN!
NEVER FORGET.

C-Chicago's
U-Urban
B-BOMB
S-Squad

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 08:59 AM

^--- Shit like that is what is going to ruin the game. I am a cubs fan but not a Sosa fan. If he pulls that crap and other ones on the league do... you know what is going to happen. They are going to ruin the game. Is anything sacred anymore?*

*not a blasfemous(Sp?) comment, just a sport related comment.

Logtar - John

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 09:05 AM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Oooops. As I was pulling all the pins out of my Sosa doll it fell off the alter, er.... I mean table and it's leg broke. I hope that doesn't mean anything.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SloRoll
Oooops. As I was pulling all the pins out of my Sosa doll it fell off the alter, er.... I mean table and it's leg broke. I hope that doesn't mean anything.
LMAO

Logtar - John

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 09:14 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

John i agree with ya! (Chuck whip that sucker in the fireplace to finish him off! )

When the last Strike occured to the White Sox i used to attend roughly 10-20 games a year. Expensive with the accessories.

Since the strike happened i have not been back to a game (ANY GAME) till 3 years ago and that was cause the tickets were free. Last year i went to a few games and this year i think i went a lot.

This may sound bad but i was such a fan i would get off work and shoot to Sox park bymyself for an evening game just cause I LOVED THE GAME!! That feeling has faded away and i no longer have the DESIRE to attend a game bymyself just to watch the game. I will go with a group but that feeling (because of strike) just went away. It's all about selfishness and greed. Thats what i feel anyway. Its getting better but if they strike again it could be another 10 years before i go back and thats a shame cause i would hate not to take the kids to see a real baseball team on the southside!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Labdog
This may sound bad but i was such a fan i would get off work and shoot to Sox park bymyself for an evening game just cause I LOVED THE GAME!! That feeling has faded away and i no longer have the DESIRE to attend a game bymyself just to watch the game. I will go with a group but that feeling (because of strike) just went away. It's all about selfishness and greed. Thats what i feel anyway. Its getting better but if they strike again it could be another 10 years before i go back and thats a shame cause i would hate not to take the kids to see a real baseball team on the southside!
That sounds just like how I feel. I grew up with Soccer, and the feeling you have for baseball I had for soccer growing up. My Dad tought me all I know about soccer. Baseball has grown on me along the years and a lot more this year.

My wife's family is 90% cubs fan, and I have learned tons more about the cubs than any other team... I also like their park. I want baseball to be strong again because if I some day have kids I want them to share that sports passion with me like I did with my Dad, and also with their uncle(my bro-in-law). But another strike will kill the game, just like it already has killed a lot of it.

Logtar - John

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 09:34 AM

I have been to several cubs games....bad views....long lines....peeing in troffs....parking a mile away....Had my peanuts and I 'll bash the cubs til the day I die. I'm a big sports fan, Sam-me is a piece of shit and the fact that he is loved by cub fans says more then enough to me. If they renegotiate his contract it better be for less money cuz I mean he really did help you guys in the post season. Save the money to make sure you keep that pitching staff. Wood is a free agent after 2004, or drop hi mand spend some money on relief pitching. I can't wait to see how the cubs look next season though, the tribune company will not go above and beyond for fans that settle for what they have. As long as sosa is in right field they know Wrigley will sell out every game so fans can hopefully watch Sam-me hit a homerun and hop up and down and do his little kiss chest thing. Hopefully for your sake Dusty will make better moves in the offseason then he did in the postseason.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 09:38 AM

Jaffar, I could not agree with you more.

Logtar - John

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 09:39 AM

I forgot, as far as ratings go, you know Fox is crying right now because of the Yankme Fish world series. Nobody will watch. It is no question that people would have watched the 2 most "cursed" teams in sports history battle to reverse thier bad luck. Probably would have had the highest ratings of any sporting event ever.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode