Illinois game? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Head Stepper

Sportbike: TREKK
Years Riding: 9
How you found us: member referal

Send a message via AIM to Pirate Send a message via Yahoo to Pirate
Illinois game?

Did anyone catch the Illinois game last night? What a finish! Won 9 in a row... Gonna take the Big10... Lookin' good. Did the rankings come out yet today? They were 20. Anyone know what they are now??

<-------- Jeff

Hey baby! You ever been on the back of an expensive sportbike??

Property of Evil Monkey Racing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 12:35 PM

I watched it! It was a nail biter. After Nick Smith nailed his second three in overtime I thought the game was over, but Purdue made a good comeback. I was pretty nervous. I can't believe Powell missed underneath the basket. Very unlike him. Luckily Luther was there to tap it in with less than a second on the clock.

Now the Illini need to win against Ohio State to be the sole Big Ten Champions. Last time that happened was in the fifties - 1952? They are still ranked 20th, but that will change for week 17 starting Monday.

Go Illini!!!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 12:39 PM

I also watched Duke lose to Georgia Tech. The last time Duke lost at home was in 2001. Snapped a 41 home game win streak. They will be dropping from #3!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 01:00 PM

Rankings ... blah, blah, blah... means nothing once the NCAA tornament starts. Many of the perineal favorite becaome classic choke artists when the pressure is on.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Head Stepper

Sportbike: TREKK
Years Riding: 9
How you found us: member referal

Send a message via AIM to Pirate Send a message via Yahoo to Pirate
Quote:
Originally posted by mthal
I watched it! It was a nail biter. After Nick Smith nailed his second three in overtime I thought the game was over, but Purdue made a good comeback. I was pretty nervous. I can't believe Powell missed underneath the basket. Very unlike him. Luckily Luther was there to tap it in with less than a second on the clock.

Now the Illini need to win against Ohio State to be the sole Big Ten Champions. Last time that happened was in the fifties - 1952? They are still ranked 20th, but that will change for week 17 starting Monday.

Go Illini!!!!
I was watching in a bar, and couldn't hear anything but in the last minute or two of the game, it looked like there was a posible foul call that wasn't called. Instead it resulted in a Purdue turnover from travelling... And one other bad call was what looked like goaltending on Purdue... So, I guess all in all, two wrongs DO make a right!

Illini

<-------- Jeff

Hey baby! You ever been on the back of an expensive sportbike??

Property of Evil Monkey Racing
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 03:06 PM

There were a lot of foul calls on the Illini all night. I don't think the officials missed any calls against Illinois. It looked like the Purdue player did not have a good handle on the ball when he was moving. He jumps in the air and the ball was tipped while he was jumping. It never really left this hand though. He then jumps again and takes a shot and a whistle is blown. It was just poor playing. Illini had a traveling call against them. Then Nick Smith gets the ball behind the arc and decides to dribble. Of course a 7 foot player can't dribble and he moves his feet first before he dribbles. At the end I don't think Purdue goaltended. Roger Powell's shot bounced up off the rim and a Purdue player swatted it as it was moving upward. I think the officials did a good job down the stretch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode