Bears Training Camp - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Bears Training Camp

I took a ride down there today with a buddy. We didn't stay too long, but I can't say the offense looked all that sharp. Grossman was either over or under throwing most of his passes and with the exception of a great grab by Gilmore, the offense as a whole looked pretty damn flat. I hope that it was just an off day, cause I would love to see the Bears make the playoffs this year.

Oh yeah, it was a pretty damn fun ride down there. Luckily it didn't rain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 06:56 AM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Sportbike: Rockets & Harleys
Years Riding: Me love you long time
How you found us: CLSB DECAL

What route did ya take to get there?

***Ashwin RIP Brotha you will be missed***

www.dcdecals.net www.firespeed.com

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

Turning Shit into Sugar!!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I have been slaking off and not reading the sports section this year. Is grossmans knee all better? Is he starting this year?

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

We took 294 to 57 down there since we were running late and wanted to make the first practice. On the way back we got a little lost and decided to pick up 294 again. We didn't find any good roads down there but we were unprepared with no maps or GPS.

Grossman's knee looks fine. He was moving and delivering the ball well with plenty of zip on his passes. He also seemed to be in a very positive mood. He just didn't seem to have his accuracy dialed in. He will definately be the starter at the begining of the season though since he is better than Hutchinson.

I got a few looks at Kyle Orton and his arm was impressive, but he didn't look comfortable dropping back and his delivery was sloppy. I think this kid could be a great player in a few years if developed properly. The potential is definately there.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I think we just found our new CLSB sports reporter

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Yeah, Thanks very detailed I like it alot...

Route: I went on a ride 55 south to Wilmington / Custer Park / Kankakee area and it was sweet riding, I ended up at the training site... Not sure how I got there, but it was nice riding along the river some.... thats why I asked, seems like I will take that way again and try to make a practice or Two.......

55 to left handed exit Bradiwood to downtown Braidwood, cross over tracks, head left through Custer Park, keep riding, then somewhere in Kankakee area, then bam Bourbannoius.. (SP)??? Anyone that knows better let me know....I was lost, well not really when your just out riding on 2 wheels are you really ever lost, your just ridin....

Life's Journey Is Not To Arrive At The Grave Safely In A Well Preserved Body, But Rather To Skid In Sideways, Totally Worn Out, Shouting "HOLY SHIT... What A Ride!"

All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never under estimate your opponent (mentality). Expect the unexpected (could work out in your favor). Two, take it outside(or to a table). Never start anything inside the Bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Falcon Trainer

Sportbike: 2012 Ducati 848 Evo, 2012 HD Softail Deluxe
Years Riding: Lots of years....
How you found us: ??

Send a message via AIM to BusaGirl Send a message via Skype™ to BusaGirl
You guys are missing the best road.... Rt. 102 from Wilmington into Bourbonnais is the best. I keep planing on running the route for an end-of season group ride.... There is a nice way back north too that runs on the Indy-Illinois boarder. Makes for a long, but fun ride.

Busa /Ducati/HDGirl
NESBA #717

XBOX Live: JustPlatinum
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Hook it up! I'l follow ya.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:37 PM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaGirl
You guys are missing the best road.... Rt. 102 from Wilmington into Bourbonnais is the best. I keep planing on running the route for an end-of season group ride.... There is a nice way back north too that runs on the Indy-Illinois boarder. Makes for a long, but fun ride.
it's 50 miles to bourbonnais. Thats not a long ride

400 miles in a day is a long ride

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Ya know I think I was on that one too.. Youre right it is awesome...That one pops out at a gas tation and the training camp for the Bears right...

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:46 PM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy

Grossman's knee looks fine. He was moving and delivering the ball well with plenty of zip on his passes. He also seemed to be in a very positive mood. He just didn't seem to have his accuracy dialed in. He will definately be the starter at the begining of the season though since he is better than Hutchinson.

I got a few looks at Kyle Orton and his arm was impressive, but he didn't look comfortable dropping back and his delivery was sloppy. I think this kid could be a great player in a few years if developed properly. The potential is definately there.
whats scares me about the Bears this year is still there offensive line and Defensive secondary. Rex will be okay be opening day, there is still alot of football to be played and if he stays healthy, I have a feeling that between our reciever core and Thomas Jones / Cedric Benson (if he ever signs) we will be just fine.

However, looking at our division with quarterbacks Brett Favre and Daunte Caulpepper and Detroits reciever core (come on, I could throw a ball and one of those three guys is bound to catch it) our secondary is going to have a tough time

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

The O-Line wasn't doing much due to the heat yesterday so I didn't get to see them in action. On paper they look to be a much improved bunch over last year. It really depends on how quickly they gel as a unit since the talent is definately there now with the upgrades from last year. The only question mark is Terrance Metcalf/Roberto Garza at guard.

The secondary looked very impressive. Tillman and Vasher both looked really fast breaking to the ball and had tight coverage the whole time. Brown, Gray and Green were also looking very sharp and getting over into double coverage very quickly. I think our secondary is going to be a major strength for our defense.

Unfortunately, I'm booked solid at work all of next weekn but if anyone wants to organize a group ride down there any day from 8/15 to 8/17 I should be able to get the day off of work. I'd love to take some better roads than the expressway or 57. Any takers?
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Puppy Love!

Sportbike: 05' Gixxer 6
Years Riding: Grew up in the dirt, going on my 7th season on the street..
How you found us: Homer Simpson

Send a message via AIM to Gixx Send a message via Yahoo to Gixx
I was there last Sunday, and they were kicking some ass!! Rex was looking great, even Hutchinson and Orton were looking good. They set up a garbage can and the QB's were throwing the ball about 60 yards away from the garbage can, and Hutchinson sunk it!! Grossman touched it and was like 2 inches from making one! I think we are going to rock this yr! When Benson signs (which he will dammit!), we will have him and Jones tearing it up out there! Then we'll have Mushin in action this yr......Hopefully Brien will solve our kicking problems!! Then I am hoping to see a lot out of Briggs, Vasher, Tank, Brown, and of course Azumah.....VERY EXCITING!!! You just gotta think positive!!

KJ

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

UHHH Damn, I gotta say, unless your boyfriend is using your screen name and posting this info... I love a lady that rides and damn it man knows her sports....

Can you say Hell Yeah!!!!!!1 bow chica bow bow!!!! Let me guess you like wearing a ball cap and pulling your pony tail through the back too right....
Do chew sunflower seeds ???

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Puppy Love!

Sportbike: 05' Gixxer 6
Years Riding: Grew up in the dirt, going on my 7th season on the street..
How you found us: Homer Simpson

Send a message via AIM to Gixx Send a message via Yahoo to Gixx
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjohn
UHHH Damn, I gotta say, unless your boyfriend is using your screen name and posting this info... I love a lady that rides and damn it man knows her sports....

Can you say Hell Yeah!!!!!!1 bow chica bow bow!!!! Let me guess you like wearing a ball cap and pulling your pony tail through the back too right....
Do chew sunflower seeds ???
LOL....NO I do not eat sunflower seeds, and I don't wear a hat that much, my pink cubbies one every now and again....and NO BF did not highjack my name.....I grew up around my cousins who are all boys and they made me watch the Bears along with the rest of my family.....so yep I was raised on bears and cubs...and I still love em, even if they aren't the best teams.

KJ

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 05:37 PM
VTwin FTW!

Sportbike: 2013 Ducati Diavel Cromo
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Friend

As long as Grossman can stay healthy, I think the Bears will do fine. Health was the biggest problem last year on offense & defense. Everybody seems healthy now this year. Plus with the additions of Mushin & Benson (who better get his rookie ass to camp ), I expect at least an 8-8 season. Vegas has their win total at 6.5.

Man, I can't wait for football season.

Mike

"Life is all about ass ... either you are covering it, kicking it, kissing it, sitting on it or trying to get it."
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Ride Red, DO WORK SON!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerChicKJ
LOL....NO I do not eat sunflower seeds, and I don't wear a hat that much, my pink cubbies one every now and again....and NO BF did not highjack my name.....I grew up around my cousins who are all boys and they made me watch the Bears along with the rest of my family.....so yep I was raised on bears and cubs...and I still love em, even if they aren't the best teams.

Awesome to hear, well the cousins did well bringing ya up.... Glad to hear you stick to your teams no matter what....Nice to have a lady rider be able to talk shop and ride too!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode