Fantasy Football Opinions - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Puppy Love!

Sportbike: 05' Gixxer 6
Years Riding: Grew up in the dirt, going on my 7th season on the street..
How you found us: Homer Simpson

Send a message via AIM to Gixx Send a message via Yahoo to Gixx
Fantasy Football Opinions

So next week I'm going to need a WR since Moose will be on a bye week. Here's who caught my eye in the free agent pool, because no one likes to trade in my league.....Travis Taylor (Vikings) that is filling in for Burleson while he is out I think because of a knee sprain?? However Taylor has put up some impressive numbers. He had 3 receptions for 40 yards and TWO TD's in Sundays win against NO.

The other being Joey Galloway (Bucs) on Sunday he had 5 catches and 2 TD's HOWEVER in the Buffalo game last week he did not catch a SINGLE pass!! I think that was just a bad game for him though, and I think he could give me better points then either Pittman (Bucs) or JJ Arrington (AZ) who are currently on my cut list. Arrington has had the stomach flu and then he just hasn't played as good as I expected him to, and Pittman....well there isn't much I can say for him....

Then I am also looking at other RB...Since I am really thinking about cutting JJ I will have an open spot for another RB....What are your feelings on TJ Duckett?

Your advice is appreciated!!!!

KJ

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 11:26 AM
CLSB SuperHero

Sportbike: None right now
Years Riding: since '95
How you found us: friend

Here it goes. What team are each players playing against? The reason for Galloway's less then stellar performance from last week is simply the Bills have a great defense. He had a good game this week due to Green Bay's shitty defense.

J.J Arrington was a sexy pick it seemed. However, he hasn't produced at all and it seems Shipp is getting a vast majority of the carries.

Travis Taylor is a good option. He seems to be Culpepper's #1 receiver since Burleson is out.

Pittman is not going to see alot of action with the "Cadillac" doing so well, so I would drop him in an instance. The only problm I have with acquiring Duckett would be the RB by committe Atlanta so dearly loves.

In a nutshell, I like to look at the defense's the players will be going up against, unless it is a premier player, then that player starts no matter what.

Life is too short to ride anything but an R1

In memory of FastBlueR1...RIP

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 12:08 PM
Joe Momma...

Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to JoJo
go with Galloway. You don't want anyone on the Vikings offense on your team. The only reason Taylor had a good game is because the Saints are horrible. Galloway has been looking good. Not sure what happened in the Buffalo game though. Good luck!

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Puppy Love!

Galloway will be @ home with Detroit next week and Taylor will be @ Atlanta. I am just worried that Burleson will be healthy enough and then they will not play Taylor at all. Taylor I think has been doing an excellent job with Burleson is out.

KJ

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 12:29 PM
CLSB SuperHero

Sportbike: None right now
Years Riding: since '95
How you found us: friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo
Not sure what happened in the Buffalo game though. Good luck!

uhhhh cuz Buffalo has a hell of a defense, and Griese, well is still Griese.

Life is too short to ride anything but an R1

In memory of FastBlueR1...RIP

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 12:52 PM

Arrington lost the starting job to Shipp and is only a good pick up if you are in a keeper league.
Go with Taylor as long as Burleson is injured.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 02:44 PM

I would have to echo the Galloway call. He also had a good week 1 if I remember correctly. WRs are almost always inconsistent week to week which is why most people place more emphasis on the RB position in FF.

I doubt he is available, but if Braylon Edwards is still around he is another good pick up. He went undrafted in a lot of leagues do to being a rookie and having Dilfer throwing him the ball. However, he has shown flashes of the big play ability that could make some nice FF points.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Puppy Love!

Quote:
I would have to echo the Galloway call. He also had a good week 1 if I remember correctly. WRs are almost always inconsistent week to week which is why most people place more emphasis on the RB position in FF.

I doubt he is available, but if Braylon Edwards is still around he is another good pick up. He went undrafted in a lot of leagues do to being a rookie and having Dilfer throwing him the ball. However, he has shown flashes of the big play ability that could make some nice FF points.
I will check on Edwards, and of course I would love to have more RB's, but I have to have a WR and I have Darrell Jackson and Moose. Thank god for Westbrook, he is having an AWESOME season

KJ

Quote:
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 02:03 AM

I am just so glad i took Tomlinson instead of Manning with the #1 pick in one of my leagues. Manning has been a terrible Fantasy player so far.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 03:04 AM

Quote:
I am just so glad i took Tomlinson instead of Manning with the #1 pick in one of my leagues. Manning has been a terrible Fantasy player so far.

You and me both flinchy, hell LT has almost as many TD passes as Peyton does so far.

Back to the question at hand. IMO, I would go with Galloway, and shy away from Taylor until Culpepper can prove to be consistent, he's had 1 good game and 2 crap games. That's the biggest problem with the WR position, their stats are too dependent upon the play of the QB.

I would also avoid Duckett for 2 reasons
1. RB by committee sucks
2. Vick is 1/2 their rushing offense, while TJ may get some short yardage goal line TD's, those opportunities don't present themselves quite enough to warrant the roster spot.

If you want to grab one, grab Dunn instead (if available, he tends to break off a longer run a bit more often than TJ), they are also playing the Vikings and their horrible run defense this week.

If Dunn isn't available, I think I would echo the Shipp statement. They are playing at home against SF, which should allow for a bit of rushing yardage. If you are still up in the air on what to do, you may go out on a limb and take LaMont Jordan in Oakland (home vs Dallas). He doesn't normally get a lot of yards on the ground, but he does get about as much receiving as he gets rushing
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 06:07 AM
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers

Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
I am pissed this week going into Monday night I am down four points but I have Tony Gonzalas. The other team is played out. I get 2 f'n points and I lose.
The colts are piss'n me off too.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 07:37 AM
Cruising through life

Sportbike: '11 Harley VRSCF
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: searched under "degenerates"

Duckett is a nice grab if he is avail. He may not get a ton of yardage but he will get the ball a lot around the goal line. I have him in one of my leagues and he is averaging a TD every 9 carries or something close to that.

As for a WR, Flinchy is correct as to their inconsistency once you get past the top 10 or so. Look at matchups... what I will do sometimes if I need a filler is look to see who is going to get their butts whooped the upcoming week forcing them to pass more often to catch up which leads to more potential yardage/TD's. Look at depth charts and try to get at least a #2 if available.

Good luck.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Puppy Love!

Okay so I picked up Galloway and dropped Pittman, and then I picked up Chris Brown (Titans) and dropped Orton - I have McNabb, and I'll never play Orton over McNabb.

I am now ready for week 4!!! I lost by 6 freakin points this week I have to win next week!!!

KJ

Quote:
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 08:44 AM

Chris Brown is a good pick up with Henry being suspended for 4 games
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Puppy Love!

One of our teams just dropped Droughns into our FA pool - I'm tempted to grab him, because he has been doing pretty good this year, better then most of my RB's...Should I grab him?? If I do I would have to drop Arrington who hasn't performed at all this year.

KJ

Quote:
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 03:00 PM

J. Galloway 7rec 166yds 1TD

Now that is a hell of a FA pickup week!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode