Bears vs. Ravens Recap - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Bears vs. Ravens Recap

The Bears won a tough game against the Ravens today by the score of 10-6. The Bears actually outplayed the Ravens by a wider margin than the score reflected but the Ravens were playing without Ed Reed and Ray Lewis for the second half of the game. The Bears improve their record to 3-3 and keep pace with the Lions for the lead in the NFC North division.

On offense the Bears played conservative but moved the ball well for most of the game. Thomas Jones carried the brunt of the load and looked impressive the whole game. He picked up two key first downs to ice the game late in the fourth quarter including one run for 42 yards. Kyle Orton played well completing 15 of 29 for 145 yards and one TD to fullback Marc Edwards. He still looks unsure and inaccurate when throwing the deep ball, but he was making good reads and throwing the ball well to the short routes and checkdowns. It looks like he has lacked confidence in the deep ball ever since the Cincinnati disaster.

On defense the Bears kept the Ravens out of the end zone all day. They also sacked quarterback Anthony Wright four times, all of them coming from the defensive line. Tackle Tank Johnson recorded two sacks and looked very impressive at the point of attack today. It seemed like the Bears were rotating linemen even more than usual today and it was very effective. The Ravens might well be the worst offense in the league but the Bears still shut them down completely today.

Overall, the Bears win two in a row for the first time and could have momentum going into a key division game against Detroit next week. Detroit will be pumped up to avenge the week two blowout we laid on them. A win will put the Bears in control of the division at the halfway point in the season. While it's still too early to count out the Packers or the Vikings, it certainly looks like they are going to implode this season and leave the division to the Bears and the Lions. A convincing Bears win next week and I think the Bears will win the division this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Joe Momma...

Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to JoJo
nice write up flinchy. They got some winable games on their schedule. Any word on if Kittner is gonna get some playing time?

j/k

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 09:54 PM

Sportbike: 2002
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: sbn- ran into 20bikes riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo
nice write up flinchy. They got some winable games on their schedule. Any word on if Kittner is gonna get some playing time?
j/k
UhhUhhh,

I am worried they're going to give grossman another chance.

Say it ain't so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 11:19 PM

Orton was named the starter regardless of when Grossman comes back. Grossman is going to be the #2 for the rest of the year (unless his performance depreciates immensely or he gets hurt), according to Bears reps. But with Bears history in the past, that doesn't mean a whole lot -- although Lovie Smith seems to be a much more impressive coach than ones in recent history.

Good right up Flinchy -- Jones had some great reads today, he's really on time with the O-Line and is giving them just enough time to set up his blocks. Any word on if Garcia is starting for Detroit next week yet? (I can't remember exactly if Harrington was pulled or got hurt right now.)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Joe Momma...

Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to JoJo
Garcia was named the starter before yesterday's game. He will be the starter next week.

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Garcia is definately going to be the starter next week. It's almost a lock that Harrington's days in Detroit are over. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to deal him next year.

Thomas Jones has been IMO the most improved player in the league this year. He played well last year but not at the level he is at right now. It's even more impressive because the OLine is improved from last year, but we still do not have athletic guards or a road-paving right tackle that are needed for a superior running game. Jones is doing it all on guts and making the most of every opportunity. He has been making guys miss, running through arm tackles and exploding to the hole all season long. Just imagine how effective we would be if we had Benson doing the same thing and could run each of them 25 times a game.

Orton has played well but I think if Grossman comes back healthy and shakes off the rust, then he will get his starting job back. The Bears are trying to keep Orton confident and don't want him trying to play for a job instead of a win so they are saying the job is his. Grossman isn't Peyton Manning but he has played better than Orton so far in his limited regular season experience. It's a tough decision because I think they both have good potential but neither has done anything to solidify their status as the starter. Right now, I think Grossman is slightly ahead of Orton due to more experience, but his health record is so crappy that I would not put him back on the field this year.

Oh yeah, Kittner rocks! I wonder if we could trade him for Orlando Pace because the Rams need another QB now that Bulger is showing signs of fragility?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Sox in world series, bears in super bowl all in the same year? Could it happen? stay tuned

I wouldnt bet on it but man would it be cool.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:17 AM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTony
.......... bears in super bowl ..........Could it happen? stay tuned
Boy O' Boy are you in a happy place today or what? Dont forget to pass that joint to the next person..................

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger
Boy O' Boy are you in a happy place today or what? Dont forget to pass that joint to the next person..................

It's monday morning,I need my happy place or I'll go on a shooting spree

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode