Bears win 4 in a row! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Bears win 4 in a row!

The Bears squeaked out a victory against the Saints yesterday by the score of 20 to 17. On a day when the Bears did not play very well, it's almost baffling trying to figure out exactly how they managed to win the game. The Saints were playing well but as usual, they found a way to blow the game.

On Offense:
Kyle Orton had an off day for most of the game. His passes looked innacurate and his timing was definately off. He threw two picks and coughed up a fumble as well. However, he did make enough plays to help win the game. He hit Justin Gage for a 12 yard strike early in the game and then with time winding down, he hit Muhammad on a beautifull timing pattern to set up the game winning field goal. A roller coaster day for our young QB.

T. Jones left the game at half time with bruised ribs. Fortunately, A. Peterson and C. Benson took up the slack. Both ran the ball well and both broke big plays open in the second half to keep the Bears moving. Peterson got a score on a 6 yard TD run to cap a nice drive that he helped create with some big runs. It's obvious now that the Bears have tremendous depth at the RB position and that this line is really improved over last years bunch at opening holes in the running game.

On Defense:
The Bears were once again exposed with a trap blocking running attack. New Orleans had over 100 yards rushing at halftime. The discipline was lacking and players were filling the wrong gaps, just like against the Redskins game earlier in the year. Fortunately, Chico Rivera got them straightened out at half time and the only score of the second half was a TD scamper by A. Brooks.

Some standouts on defense yesterday were Tank Johnson and Brian Urlacher. Both were flying around the field all day and creating havoc for the Saints offense.

In Conclusion:
The Bears did something they haven't done in many years. They found a way to win when they were not playing their best ball. New Orleans has a lot of talent and are always dangerous. It's good to know that the Bears can knock off that kind of team even when they don't bring their A game. Next week's matchup with San Francisco should be a much easier game. The 49ers boast a very impressive defense but on the road and with a terrible offense, the Bears should be able to handle them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Joe Momma...

Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to JoJo
yeah yeah bears smears. Y'all better watch out for dem Vikings. We finally got us a decent QB and we're coming for ya. Just wish we didn't have to play at the Giants next week......

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 09:31 AM

Sportbike: Resurrection Built YZ250F, Various European Junk
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: SBN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo
yeah yeah bears smears. Y'all better watch out for dem Vikings. We finally got us a decent QB and we're coming for ya. Just wish we didn't have to play at the Giants next week......
My gf is a huge Vikings fan, so I hae been stuck paying attention to them. Culpepper down=good for the Vikings. I have a feeling that their schedule will put them in 2nd place in the NFC north though.

[SIZE="6"]GO BEARS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Joe Momma...

Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to JoJo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbiker
My gf is a huge Vikings fan, so I hae been stuck paying attention to them. Culpepper down=good for the Vikings. I have a feeling that their schedule will put them in 2nd place in the NFC north though.
yeah Culpepper has been real bad this year. I think it's more to do with the O-coordinator then Moss being gone. The Vikings will get smoked like they always do in NY against the Giants, but I think that the bears and the vikings will be playing for the NFC north division title when they play on the last game of the season....

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 12:44 PM

Sportbike: Resurrection Built YZ250F, Various European Junk
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: SBN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo
yeah Culpepper has been real bad this year. I think it's more to do with the O-coordinator then Moss being gone. The Vikings will get smoked like they always do in NY against the Giants, but I think that the bears and the vikings will be playing for the NFC north division title when they play on the last game of the season....
I hope not. If that's the case, either her or I will be on the couch that night.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 01:21 PM

Bears 4 In A Row!!!

Dogs And Cats Living Together This Is A Sighn Of The Apocolypse!!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 01:21 PM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
i would like to add that Hunter Hillenmeyer had a stand up game today, recording a interception and at least one sack on the day.

Flinchy and the rest,

how does the rest of the season look for the bears... The 49ers are/should be a fairly easy game.. However looking past that you a tough panther team at home, a buc team with a good running game in Tampa, the pack at home, the steelers in pittsburgh, the dirty birds at home, and then to close the season on the road against the packers and the vikings...

If we beat the 49ers, and go 2-3 against the vikings and packers (2 games) that leaves us looking for at least one possibly two wins against Opponents like the panthers, the bucs, the steelers and the falcons.

Flinchy, are we good enough to win 9 games this year?

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Looking at the remaining schedule Swami Flinchy predicts with great optimism:

49ers - Win
Panthers - Loss (Might get the home win, will be close)
@ Bucs - Win (They lost their offense it seems)
Packers - Win
@ Steelers - Loss (Could be the only blowout of the year)
Falcons - Win (We match up well with Atlanta, but this will be close)
@Packers - Loss (Only due to history and Farve in December...)
@Vikings - Win (We own this team now)

So I think they could finish with a 10-6 record. More likely they will dump 1-2 of the games I picked as wins and finish with 8-9 wins. I think 9-7 would be the most probable pick. This of course assumes that we stay relatively healthy, especially on the offensive line where we lack depth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode