Mario Williams #1 to the Texans - WTF!? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Mario Williams #1 to the Texans - WTF!?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2426003

I just don't get this move...Bush is one of the surest things (if there is such a thing) in any draft...Williams is far from that...a guy that underachieved in his last two seasons (i say that without seeing much of him) and it seems this draft was based on performance at the combine...which i frickin' hate!!...guys like Zach Thomas, Tom Brady...shit Terrel Davis didn't fare so well, were considered undersized, not quick enough, not strong enough...but you know what...THEY CAN PLAY FOOTBALL!!...the last DE drafted #1 was Courtney Brown to the Browns...how'd that work out for ya??...i think the Texans will regret this pick, regardless of how well Williams does.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 10:21 PM

What a bunch of dumb fvcks!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 10:50 PM
BEER!

Sportbike: '01 SV650S (Pokey!) '02 Honda CR125 (Blockhead)
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: SBN

Send a message via AIM to Grover
huh? Houston is so collosially screwed up that somebody has to be on the take. They have the crappiest offensive line, but one of the highest paid. No offense, and they take a DE first? Crap, there's two awesome QB's in the draft, one of which is from Texas, and they did this?

Damn,

NESBA/CCS #142
AIM: GroverSV650S
Dirtbikes are not submarines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 11:56 PM
a hollow voice says plugh

Sportbike: sold
Years Riding: legally- 7
How you found us: don't remember

Send a message via AIM to Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Zero
The Texans have a pretty good RB already in Dominick Davis from LSU. As good as Bush MIGHT become? Guess we'll find out. Look up Davis' stats and tell me he hasn't produced. Davis also has some of the best hands at RB in the game. I don't think Bush could have put up far superior numbers than Davis in that system. They just extended Davis' contract too.

Davis has put up respectable numbers even with that atrocious offensive line. The Texans' most glaring need was (and still is) offensive line. Carr has just been a tackling dummy behind them. Andre Johnson was primed to have a monster season last year and bombed. Well, the whole team bombed. Philip Buchanan is a turn-style at CB. Dunta Robinson is good, but who else stands out?

The Saints are #2. They have an injured Drew Brees on a one year contract and Duce McAllister has some numbers in his career but has never impressed me.

That said, I did expect the Texans to draft Bush or at least get an arse-load of picks/players for the pick. I can't imagine the Saints passing on him at #2.

I can name at least 5 "surest things" first round picks that busted in the NFL off the top of my head. Blair Thomas, Tony Mandarich, Steve Emtman, Lawrence Philips, and Rick Mirer come to mind.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerogta
That said, I did expect the Texans to draft Bush or at least get an arse-load of picks/players for the pick. I can't imagine the Saints passing on him at #2.

I can name at least 5 "surest things" first round picks that busted in the NFL off the top of my head. Blair Thomas, Tony Mandarich, Steve Emtman, Lawrence Philips, and Rick Mirer come to mind.
The Saints are reportedly not interested in Bush...of course, he was a sure thing #1 yesterday...your missing Archie fuking Griffin from that list ...two time Heisman winner (only one ever to do it), three and out in the NFL (or something like that)...other notable busts...Desmond Howard (Super Bowl MVP or not), Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf (what a loser), Brian "The Boz" Bozworth

I agree with you that nobody is a sure thing...but i would wager that Bush is a better bet than Williams...it's just a really odd pick.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 12:05 AM
a hollow voice says plugh

Sportbike: sold
Years Riding: legally- 7
How you found us: don't remember

Send a message via AIM to Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerkMX
The Saints are reportedly not interested in Bush...of course, he was a sure thing #1 yesterday...your missing Archie fuking Griffin from that list ...two time Heisman winner (only one ever to do it), three and out in the NFL (or something like that)...other notable busts...Desmond Howard (Super Bowl MVP or not), Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf (what a loser), Brian "The Boz" Bozworth

I agree with you that nobody is a sure thing...but i would wager that Bush is a better bet than Williams...it's just a really odd pick.

I stopped my list at 5 busts. I could go on and on.

Also, not all busts are "surest things" too. Rick Mirer was the next Joe Montana, if only because they're both from Notre Dame. Tony Mandarich? Greatest O line prospect EVAR! (at the time). Emtman? Prototype physique but was fragile as glass. Philips? HEADCASE, criminal, scumbag, etc.

Last edited by Zero; 04-29-2006 at 12:08 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode