Goodbye Eli!!! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Ex-Ninja

Sportbike: 04 Yamaha R1
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via AIM to whitedawg Send a message via Yahoo to whitedawg
Goodbye Eli!!!

Haha, I'm sure by now everybody knows the Bears outcome, but I just wanted to let it be known that Eli Manning is a complete tool, and I'm glad we treated him like one tonight. I love Peyton Manning, but Eli is a little whining bitch who listens to his whining bitch of a father about everything to do, trying to call the shots before he even gets in the league. F#$% him!!! Haha, can't wait to see the recap, I missed about 10 minutes of the game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:11 AM

Eli went 14/32 for 121 yards and 2 INTs. Probably a sub 50 passer rating. He also fumbled the ball three times but only lost it once. Definately a stinker!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:33 AM
Joe

Sportbike: 2007 GSX-R600, 2007 KX250F, 2004 YZ450F, 2006 CRF50
Years Riding: As long as I been ridin your mama
How you found us: Joemama

Send a message via MSN to Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Joe
I am not an Eli fan either. I don't know if he'll ever be as good as his brother, but he does have potential.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 06:59 AM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
This isn't fair guys. Eli Manning is a good football player, he has had some amazing games and he has had some crappy ones. The bears are the best defense in football, lets not sell that unit short. Also, to say Eli is bad simply because he isn't as good as his brother, the best quarterback currently in football, and destined to be in that elite group with the likes of montana and marino. Thats simply not fair. Eli can still be a great pro bowl caliber quarterback and still be only 85% as good as payton, because payton is just THAT good.

secondly, Payton wasn't always a star, this is his 9th year in the league, vs. Eli's second. Give eli a chance.

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 07:23 AM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

I dont' know what game you guys were watching but Grossman stunk up the first half worse that Manning played the entire game.

I gave my Dad an orange Urlacher jersey as a birthday present which he opened and promptly wore at half-time. I guess it was the jersey; I should have had him open it before the game!

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 08:52 AM
The Victim Newbie

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach
I dont' know what game you guys were watching but Grossman stunk up the first half worse that Manning played the entire game.

I gave my Dad an orange Urlacher jersey as a birthday present which he opened and promptly wore at half-time. I guess it was the jersey; I should have had him open it before the game!
you realize he is now required to wear that for the rest of the year, he can't wash it, or anything, 5 minutes before kickoff until the game is completed...

<-- Chris

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 09:44 AM
OBAMA FTW!!!!1!

Sportbike: Bike less, link to pictures of crashed bike in signature
Years Riding: Riding 3.5 years
How you found us: Hunny's Mom!

Send a message via AIM to .:K2:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaterms
you realize he is now required to wear that for the rest of the year, he can't wash it, or anything, 5 minutes before kickoff until the game is completed...
More like till 10 min after the game, you have to have a buffer zone just in case Rex fucks up somehow after the game is over and causes the Bears to loose.

<---- Andy

Gear saved my life - there is no luck involved in wearing gear.

Crashed Bike pictures:
https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...&postcount=138
https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...&postcount=139
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Puppy Love!

Sportbike: 05' Gixxer 6
Years Riding: Grew up in the dirt, going on my 7th season on the street..
How you found us: Homer Simpson

Send a message via AIM to Gixx Send a message via Yahoo to Gixx
Quote:
This isn't fair guys. Eli Manning is a good football player, he has had some amazing games and he has had some crappy ones. The bears are the best defense in football, lets not sell that unit short. Also, to say Eli is bad simply because he isn't as good as his brother, the best quarterback currently in football, and destined to be in that elite group with the likes of montana and marino. Thats simply not fair. Eli can still be a great pro bowl caliber quarterback and still be only 85% as good as payton, because payton is just THAT good.

secondly, Payton wasn't always a star, this is his 9th year in the league, vs. Eli's second. Give eli a chance.
+1

Well said. I personally think people don't give Eli a fair chance, and are quick to judge him.

Just like everyone is so quick to hate Grossman. People go from, Grossman sucks, to Grossman is so awesome, I love him!! It's kind of annoying when you see people so down on Grossman, but what they don't realize is Grossman is really still a rookie...Technically, yes, this is his 4th year with the Bears, but he's never played more then 3 games due to injuries. He still has a ton of learning to do, but IMO he could possibly be the next Peyton Manning in the next few years.

KJ

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:28 AM
The Victim Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixx
+1

but IMO he could possibly be the next Peyton Manning in the next few years.
well i wouldn't go that far. While this is only his first year as a regular starter he has seen the game and been exposed to the NFL for four years. While he will get better with his reciever selection and his nerves (IMO alot of the balls thrown high and stuff are for this reason) he will never have the touch of somebody like payton. If any of the young quarterback have the potential to do that, Eli / Phillip Rivers / and although not as likely Carson Palmer.

<-- Chris

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:39 AM
BH

Sportbike: KTM
Years Riding: Long enough to get arm pump
How you found us: find who?

Send a message via Yahoo to BH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixx
IMO he could possibly be the next Peyton Manning in the next few years.
and I could possibly start shitting out 24k gold nuggets in the next few years, but I'm kind of skeptical about that happening
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Ex-Ninja

Quote:

Right, he is good...but i can not stand him at all. I don't care how good he is, anybody that tries calling the shots before he even plays in the NFL can kiss my ass at least. John Elway was the same way. Fuck em. I personally love watching his brother on the field. He's a true player, not some ass who thinks he's the shit and he can call the shots (thanks partially to his dad). I can't give Eli a chance b/c of how he introduced himself to the game. "If I get drafted by a certain team I'll sit out for a year and come back with a winner." FUCK YOU!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Model citizen

Sportbike: ktm
Years Riding: a few
How you found us: SBN

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedawg
Right, he is good...but i can not stand him at all. I don't care how good he is, anybody that tries calling the shots before he even plays in the NFL can kiss my ass at least. John Elway was the same way. Fuck em. I personally love watching his brother on the field. He's a true player, not some ass who thinks he's the shit and he can call the shots (thanks partially to his dad). I can't give Eli a chance b/c of how he introduced himself to the game. "If I get drafted by a certain team I'll sit out for a year and come back with a winner." FUCK YOU!
I forgot about that. Wasen't he drafted by the Chargers, and he said he wouldn't play for them cause they sucked. That was pretty low

Eric
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:00 PM
The Violator

Sportbike: A little bit of everything.
Years Riding: Not nearly enough!
How you found us: On a ride in Colorado

Why is that really so bad? Would you be ok with going to work for a company that sucks and you have no choice in the matter?
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:04 PM
The Victim Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
I forgot about that. Wasen't he drafted by the Chargers, and he said he wouldn't play for them cause they sucked. That was pretty low
the chargers didn't even want him, they wanted phillip rivers, but taking eli and trading him to the giants for rivers got them a chunk of money and another pick... It worked out really well for them both.

and great players all the time complain when they get picked up early in the draft, because at least initially they go to the worst teams because that who is drafted first. Look who the colts were before Payton...

and as for Elway, yes he did refuse to play for the team that drafted him, but he went on to play for the broncos for his entire career, and went down in history as one of the greats...

<-- Chris

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Ex-Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSIVSPD
Why is that really so bad? Would you be ok with going to work for a company that sucks and you have no choice in the matter?
Ok here's how I look at it...There are 30 NFL teams. Each team has what, 50 players? So there's only 1500 approximate professional football players out of 200 million people in the entire country. So he should feel lucky enough to play, not be an ass and call his own shots. And if the company that sucked had to pay me that much my first year, and then pay me MORE, yes, I think I'd be great with it.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 11:12 AM
The Violator

Sportbike: A little bit of everything.
Years Riding: Not nearly enough!
How you found us: On a ride in Colorado

High pay scales don't necessarily justify the lack of choice. I see where you are coming from though. That type of move never looks good, but I still understand why it happens.

Let's say for example the team in question is notorious for having a weak O-line with a history of quarterbacks & running backs getting injured and having shortened careers. What then?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Ex-Ninja

Haha you shut the fuck up, put your time in, and then leave in a year
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 07:41 PM

I would rather have Phillip Rivers than Eli Manning. Manning has not shown the mental development expected of him. Peyton is practically his own offensive coordinator while Eli can barely read a defense. IMO, Eli and Rex have the same potential in that they can both be very good quarterbacks but neither will ever be a hall of famer.

I think Rivers has shown the mental ability to understand what the offense is trying to do and what the defense is trying to do to stop him. He helps his coaches immensely by being able to communicate what he is seeing on the field and planning adjustments. Rivers also has a terrific arm and great pocket presence. Of course Rivers does benefit greatly from having LT on the field that defenses have to account for.......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode