Bears vs. Giants Recap - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Bears vs. Giants Recap

The Bears stepped up to the Sunday night challenge once again this season beating the NY Minis by the score of 38-20. It was a close game for three quarters but the bears put up 14 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to cement the game. The Bears showed the one quality that is needed in any Superbowl team, the ability to put another team on the mat and drive a stake through their heart. Devin Hester's 108 yard FG return sucked the life out of the Giant players, fans and coach.

ON OFFENSE:
The first half was almost a complete disaster but three big plays at the end of the second quarter saved it for the Bears. Thomas Jones broke a 26 yard run on 3rd and 22 to start things rolling. Moose caught a 22 yard ball over the middle on 2nd and 15 to get into giants territory. A wide open Mark Bradley hauled in a 29 yard TD pass to close the gap to 10-13. The rest of the first half was garbage blocking, passing and running by the Bears. The O gave up 10 points on a Grossman INT and a T. Jones fumble in the first half so it was pretty much a push.

Then the second half started and everything changed. The OL started working as a unit and manhandling an inferior giants DL. Turner started calling more misdirection run plays and Jones responded by gaining positive yards. Rex settled down and started finding open receivers over the middle. The Bears scored 14 quick points in the third quarter on Grossman passes to Moose and Clark. The Clark TD was set up by a turnover deep in giants territory.

The running game iced this game in the fourth eating up the final 6:51 with a combo of Jones and Benson. It's a beautiful sight to see the O pound the ball and kill that much clock.

There is no standout players either way on the O tonight. All the players that turned the ball over (Grossman, Moose and Jones) came back and made plays to make up for it. The OL was bad in the first half but took control and dominated in the second half. A true team effort on O tonight but statwise Rex finished 18/30 for 246 3TD 1INT. Jones went 113 yards and 1 TD on 30 carries. Moose had 7 grabs for 123 yards and 1 TD.

ON DEFENSE:
The D did what they have done all year long to win games. The limited big plays and they created turnovers in key situations. Tiki Barber made a few big plays and went 141 yards on 19 carries to set up two Brandon Jacobs TD runs but it wasn't enough to keep up with the Bears. Eli Manning looked sharp at the start of the game, but Alex Brown put a stop to that sacking him and forcing fumbles twice. Brown was the DL impact player tonight.

Peanut Tillman also played a standout game. Often playing Plaxico Burress man-to-man he held him to 4 catches for 48 yards. Peanut also grabbed a key early INT when Manning tried to go deep to Burress. It was clear the Giants were trying to pick on Peanut but he played solid football all night. Chris Harris also had an INT early in the fourth quarter to pile on the beating.

ON SPECIAL TEAMS:
Devin Hester did it again tonight returning a short FG 108 yards for a TD tying the NFL record held by Nathan Vasher from last year. Hester still give heart attacks playing balls he shouldn't and running backwards, but every time he has the ball he is a threat to take it all the way. Robbie Gould stayed perfect and tied Kevin Butlers 23 FG streak by hitting a key 49 yard FG early in the game to break some giant momentum. Punter Brad Maynard had a subpar game but fortunately it didn't hurt the Bears tonight.

OVERALL:
The Bears needed a victory tonight to bounce back from their first loss last week. Tonight was also the start of a tough three game road trip to the east coast. The Bears started slow but woke up as a team at half time and took control of this game when it mattered most. Next week the Bears visit the Jets fresh off an upset of the New England Patriots. Both teams should be riding high but I don't see the Jets being good enough on defense to stop the Bears. Look for the beloved to win 28-16. GO BEARS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 12:47 AM
Fear is the mind killer

Sportbike: 05 GSXR 600, 03 RM 250
Years Riding: Thousands of miles, multiple engines
How you found us: www.gsxr.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
Devin Hester did it again tonight returning a short FG 108 yards for a TD tying the NFL record held by Nathan Vasher from last year.

That was the play of the game for me. He pulled a Michael Vick stall tactic, that had everyone except for the officials fooled. He stood there for about 3 seconds, waited for everyone to stop moving, then shot out like a bat out of hell

Xbox Live GOW Killer
Handle : ChiefBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 01:03 AM
I wok!

Sportbike: 2006 felt f65 and a 07 STI
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: wtf is this shit...

^^ yah that was the best juke of the night haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 07:26 AM
Model citizen

Sportbike: ktm
Years Riding: a few
How you found us: SBN

Hester drives me batty. He's either gonna run it back for a TD or cough it up. There's no inbetween with him

Good play calling all around. The little fake hand off and then the quick dump off to the end zone was perfect. Everyone figured 3rd and Goal at the 3 yard line was going right to Thomas Jones.

And the 3rd and 22 running play was also great. Good coaching last night

It was also good to show up and stomp all over our ole buddy R.W. McQuarters. I still remember him bashing the Bears fans for not being loud enough at Solider Field and giving the players some motivation

Eric
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 07:42 AM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
The biggest part of the game for me in the big picture was the play of Rex Grossman. Regardless of how bad his play gets he doesn't lose confidence. Not always a good thing, but necessary for a good quarterback to stat competetive. He started out looking like shit on the big stage of Sunday Night Football but didn't freak out, stayed focused and returned to form.

Great showing.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 07:55 AM
OBAMA FTW!!!!1!

Sportbike: Bike less, link to pictures of crashed bike in signature
Years Riding: Riding 3.5 years
How you found us: Hunny's Mom!

Send a message via AIM to .:K2:.
DAAA BEARS!!

<---- Andy

Gear saved my life - there is no luck involved in wearing gear.

Crashed Bike pictures:
https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...&postcount=138
https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...&postcount=139
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Fear is the mind killer

Sportbike: 05 GSXR 600, 03 RM 250
Years Riding: Thousands of miles, multiple engines
How you found us: www.gsxr.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerkMX
The biggest part of the game for me in the big picture was the play of Rex Grossman. Regardless of how bad his play gets he doesn't lose confidence. Not always a good thing, but necessary for a good quarterback to stat competetive. He started out looking like shit on the big stage of Sunday Night Football but didn't freak out, stayed focused and returned to form.

Great showing.

Yeah, I hear ya. I only worry about him being like Farve, he loves to throw deep, and when he is off it turns out badly. Similar to Farve, ho doesn't let interceptions bother him that much, I think that could be a bad thing; especially on a night where you know you just don't have it.

Xbox Live GOW Killer
Handle : ChiefBDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
"Ride it like you have 30 monthly remaining payments" should keep most people out of trouble.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 09:31 AM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBD
Yeah, I hear ya. I only worry about him being like Farve, he loves to throw deep, and when he is off it turns out badly. Similar to Farve, ho doesn't let interceptions bother him that much, I think that could be a bad thing; especially on a night where you know you just don't have it.
i would LOVE a quarterback as good as favre. yeah, favre has an occasional bad game, but the guy is an AMAZING quarterback overall

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBD
When Rex has protection and a lane to step into, he is one of the best quarterbacks in the league. Most of his problems start when he tries to hurry the ball out or throw off balance. Hopefully with time he will start to be more comfortable moving around inside of the pocket. I cringe every time he is blitzed and throws the ball while falling back.

After watching some of the game again on the DVR, I cannot believe how well Peanut Tillman played against Burress. The Bears actually moved Tillman from side to side to keep him lined up on Burress the whole game. Peanut seems to match up well against the bigger receivers and struggle with the smaller burner types. I hope the Bears keep this trend going as Vasher does much better against smaller receivers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode