Bears vs. Patriots Recap - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Bears vs. Patriots Recap

The Bears lost a defensive struggle against the New England Patriots tonight by the score of 17-13. Both teams suffered from the turnover bug as the Patriots commited 5 and the Bears 4. However, this game came down to wire and it was clear which QB was used to winning big games and which one was still learning the NFL. Tom Brady led an 11 play 73 yard TD drive which killed 8:22 of the 4th quarter to give the Pats a 17-10 lead. Rex could only answer with a FG on the next drive. Then after the defense managed another miracle fumble recovery and 1:50 on the clock, Rex threw a long INT on his first snap to end the game and the nail-biting of millions of Bears fans.

ON OFFENSE:
The Bears moved the ball fairly well early in the game but were unable to convert those yards into points. A blocked FG and a fumble in the red zone on the snap by Rex Grossman cost the Bears dearly. It's difficult to find excuses for Rex's four turnovers tonight. New England made great plays on two of the picks but it was still poor accuracy by Rex that led to the picks. The fumble was just plain stupid hand work. About the only good thing to say about Rex is that he wasn't throwing into double coverage so his decision making seems to have improved. He finished 15/34 for 176 yards with 3INTs and a fumble.

Both Cedric Benson and Thomas Jones ran the ball effectively today as Jones went 23 times for 99 yards and Benson went 10 carries fo 46 yards and a TD. Neither fumbled. Both also had runs of over 15 yards. I think Benson was the more effective runner tonight though and would have liked to see him get more carries. Jones also looked weak in pass protection as they seemed to be jumping over or running around him all night. Jones also seems to always be one damn yard short of the first down marker.

The receivers all had a mixed bag tonight with some dropped passes by both Moose and Berrian. They also seemed to be having trouble running clean routes with the physical play of the NE corners. Berrian led the group with 5 catches for 104 yards. He also drew two (questionable) key interefence penalties that set up 10 points.

The OL was very effective during the running game but not so good pass protecting.

ON DEFENSE:
The D played a very good game without nickel back Ricky Manning Jr. who sat due to a suspension. They gave up 17 points on the road to a very good QB in Tom Brady. They also forced 5 turnovers and none of them were the easy variety.

The DL pass rush was probably the weakest link tonight. Brady had a lot of time to throw on both scoring drives and that led to converted third downs. While they played the run well effectively shutting down Maroney and Dillon, they were unable to stop Brady. The Patriots completed 4 passes longer than 20 yards.

The secondary was definately missing Ricky Manning Jr. tonight as their nickel and dime packages were leaving TEs and slot receivers open over the middle too much. Tillman and Vasher both had average nights as well giving up too much space and missing tackles on a few key plays. Daniel Manning played well with a forced fumble and decent coverage. Todd Johson was knocked out of the game early with an ankle injury but he had a lucky headdown to ball forced fumble before he left.

The LBs played terrific and were the heart of the D tonight. All three played amazing with only two obvious missed tackles by Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher. Briggs missed Maroney on a third down swing pass and Urlacher missed Brady on a QB scramble. Otherwise they were hitting hard and forcing fumbles all night. Hillenmeyer played as well as I have seen him play all season and has been a pleasant surprise.

ON SPECIAL TEAMS:
Robbie Gould's streak ended after a false start nullified a made attempt and the retry was blocked. He hit his two other attempts from 32 and 46 yards and continues to be the best kicker in the NFC this year. He hasn't had to kick any game winners this year but I have the feeling he wouldn't blink twice if he did.

NE didn't give Devin Hester a chance to return any punts tonight. Every kick was high and short which gave the Bears very good field position but kept the ball out of the Windy City Flyer's hands.

OVERALL:
Give a lot of credit to NE for playing a darn good game especially on defense. I was disappointed Turner didn't give the ball to Benson and Jones more as the running game was working and we never trailed by more than 7 points. I think Rex blew his chance to prove his critics wrong by losing his accuracy tonight with the game on the line. The Bears face Minnesota at home next week in what should be a tough division match up. The Vikings are still going to be pissed about the win the Bears stole up in MN earlier this year. I think the Bears bounce back and stomp the Vikes 31-6 fueled by a resurgent defensive pass rush.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 11:37 PM
BSB > WSBK > MotoGP

Sportbike: '02 GSXR 600 / '98 CBRF3
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: Google

Just once I'd like to see a quarterback in Chicago that doesn't continually throw 1st-down bombs; especially ones that are intercepted.

I turned off the game after that last throw; was disgusted.

Jeff
NESBA #311
'02 GSXR600
'98
Smokin' Joe's F3
post #3 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 04:27 AM
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers

Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
I blame Urlacher Mike Vick yes Vince Young yes.

Tom Brady. He whiffed on Tom Brady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I will sock ya square in your snot locker if you EVER use the term "Bron Bron" in my presence - BAHLEEDAT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 06:11 AM

Disappointing loss but they will bounce back next week. The kid is just gonna have games like this sometimes. All I hope for is that we have home field adv at least for a while in the playoffs. He does better at home for the most part. IMHO the officials blew a couple of pass interference calls.
post #5 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 07:28 AM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach View Post
Just once I'd like to see a quarterback in Chicago that doesn't continually throw 1st-down bombs; especially ones that are intercepted.

I turned off the game after that last throw; was disgusted.
trust me, Ron Turners Offense is way more aggressive then anything we have had in the past. Look at Juron and Shoop, that was the ultimate 8 yard bomb team. Wannstadt? nobody remembers those offenses. I agree that the fun and gun offense that they like to play scares me especially with the stong results the running game was having.

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #6 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 AM
The Victim Newbie

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Flinchy,

question. there were alot of speculations about New England and the NFL helping to make the pats look good against the bears. With the new field which some fealt would slow down the teams a little bit to take a touch of the edge off of the bears. Having Ricky Manning's suspension fall on this game. Why not at home against tampa? or even MN?

What are your thoughts? Im not suspecting a consiprecy or anything like that, just curious... The new england patriots are supurb football team, and after two difficult road games, for the bears to go 2-1 on the road, beating two good NY teams and then having an impressive outing against a very tough NE team says alot about this team.

<-- Chris

post #7 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 08:02 AM
teets

Sportbike: teets
Years Riding: teets
How you found us: teets

Send a message via AIM to Flounder
Anyone else feel the bears shoulda went on 4th and 4 at the end of the game there instead of kicken the field goal to make it 17-13?

I think they had 3 timeouts left too.

teets
post #8 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 08:09 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

It was a good game...... And in regards to Ricky Manning i believe the Bears or Lovie sat him out this game because they wanted him for Conference games. (which in essence are more important for conference play standings ofcourse.)

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #9 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 08:15 AM
teets

Grossman, the obvious weakest link of the team right now. Should he be benched for Griese? Alot of people are saying yes..

teets
post #10 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Rex Banner

Sportbike: 99 SV650, z50r
Years Riding: A few years
How you found us: A tranny told me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
Grossman, the obvious weakest link of the team right now. Should he be benched for Griese? Alot of people are saying yes..
I think so, at least for a game. Grossman has this expanded ego because they keep saying "he's our quarterback, he's our quarterback", show him he's expendable and maybe he'll keep it together a little more. On the other hand, the off. line didn't look too great yesterday either, Grossman was under more pressure than he has been in past weeks and the NE def. seemed to be getting to him quickly.
post #11 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 08:43 AM
teets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Hellfish View Post
I think so, at least for a game. Grossman has this expanded ego because they keep saying "he's our quarterback, he's our quarterback", show him he's expendable and maybe he'll keep it together a little more. On the other hand, the off. line didn't look too great yesterday either, Grossman was under more pressure than he has been in past weeks and the NE def. seemed to be getting to him quickly.
Yea, I think he was hurried like 17-20 times yesterday. Maybe yer right on letting him sweat it out by putting in the Griese factor. But Brian Griese is awful..

teets
post #12 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 09:08 AM
-+-+-+-+-+-

Sportbike: 2002 YZF-R1
Years Riding: A few days since yesterday
How you found us: Another website

First, I don't remember having a QB that threw the ball deep let alone going deep on first down?

Second, Brian Griese is far from awful. He has over 16,000 passing yards and 100 td's in his career.

I am all for leaving Grossman in there. He's not going to learn anything sitting on the sidelines. He did that for the last 3 years.
post #13 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Puppy Love!

Sportbike: 05' Gixxer 6
Years Riding: Grew up in the dirt, going on my 7th season on the street..
How you found us: Homer Simpson

Send a message via AIM to Gixx Send a message via Yahoo to Gixx
Quote:
I am so sick of people saying Rex should be benched for Griese!!!!!! First of all, it isn't going to happen. Lovie has said time and time again that Rex is the Bears QB, end of story....So I really don't understand why people still want to talk about it. How long has Griese been in the league? 9 years??? There is obviously a reason he's been bounced from team to team, and is a second string QB. We've seen him play a little bit in pre season and one game this year. Is this enough for us to determine he's better then Grossman?? Lovie is the one who watches him play each day in practice, I believe that if Lovie saw an extraordinary performance out of Griese, the starting position would change. Sure, Rex has made mistakes, and he's made a lot of stupid decisions. What about all those good plays he's made? I think people seem to forget this is technically his rookie year. Yes, he's been in the league for 4 years now, but he hasn't played due to injuries. Yeah, Rex has 14 interceptions, however he has 18 TD passes, and has over 2000 passing yards so far this year, and has lead the Bears to a 9-2 record!!! I'm just so sick and tired of people loving Grossman when he has an excellent game, and hating him when he has a tough game like this one.

KJ

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #14 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 09:52 AM
teets

I feel exactly the same way... Grossman is essentially in his first year and has a 9-2 record.

to all of you who want Griese in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixx View Post
I am so sick of people saying Rex should be benched for Griese!!!!!! First of all, it isn't going to happen. Lovie has said time and time again that Rex is the Bears QB, end of story....So I really don't understand why people still want to talk about it. How long has Griese been in the league? 9 years??? There is obviously a reason he's been bounced from team to team, and is a second string QB. We've seen him play a little bit in pre season and one game this year. Is this enough for us to determine he's better then Grossman?? Lovie is the one who watches him play each day in practice, I believe that if Lovie saw an extraordinary performance out of Griese, the starting position would change. Sure, Rex has made mistakes, and he's made a lot of stupid decisions. What about all those good plays he's made? I think people seem to forget this is technically his rookie year. Yes, he's been in the league for 4 years now, but he hasn't played due to injuries. Yeah, Rex has 14 interceptions, however he has 18 TD passes, and has over 2000 passing yards so far this year, and has lead the Bears to a 9-2 record!!! I'm just so sick and tired of people loving Grossman when he has an excellent game, and hating him when he has a tough game like this one.

teets
post #15 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

Was it just me or did Brady have hours on his hands everytime he dropped back to pick apart the secondary?

And for Griese, he was not all that bad in Denver for a while - I am not a Grossman fan by any stretch and the whole 9-2 record is mostly due to the D and not him - He has had a few but I think the the NE game showed us all that they are still the Bears and they ALWAYS rely on the D to get them out of trouble and Rex has to pull his weight as well

How bout Brady throwin a hip shaker on Urlacher???

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #16 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Rex Banner

Ok, but seriously, he's not getting it done, giving him the confidence of saying "He's our QB" over and over hasn't done shit. I don't care who they put in, let Urlacher throw a few passes, Rex needs to know that he can be replaced or else why give a shit? I don't like Rex, but I don't like Griese or Orton either, but you have to take a look at how he's doing. As far as leading the team.... I'm not sure Rex has that in him, at least not yet. In the last few games especially it was late turnovers that gave the Bears extra life not the "amazing QB" that is Rex Grossman.
post #17 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:03 AM
teets

Wow yea.. that juke by brady was pretty wicked and the emotion afterwards... that was pretty pimp actually. haha did you see him apologizing to urlacher

Quote:
Was it just me or did Brady have hours on his hands everytime he dropped back to pick apart the secondary?

And for Griese, he was not all that bad in Denver for a while - I am not a Grossman fan by any stretch and the whole 9-2 record is mostly due to the D and not him - He has had a few but I think the the NE game showed us all that they are still the Bears and they ALWAYS rely on the D to get them out of trouble and Rex has to pull his weight as well

How bout Brady throwin a hip shaker on Urlacher???

teets
post #18 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:05 AM
The Victim Newbie

Quote:
I feel exactly the same way... Grossman is essentially in his first year and has a 9-2 record.

to all of you who want Griese in.
I agree, Rex is the QB for the bears, however, I think your arguement has alot of holes let me strengthen it with these points

#1, Ron turner calls the plays, RON, you have two 1000 yard capable running backs, and the best defense in football, RUN THE BALL MORE. yesterday's lose can be placed just as much on his sholders as Rex's, yes rex through that last pass poorly, but it was ron turners decision to go deep on first down again, when your running backs already had 175 yards passing.

#2, while rex is technically 9-2, 1 win falls squarly on the defense (AZ game) the jets game he played average at best. This game he gave up several points, including that dropped ball in the redzeone, the late interception, and a few poorly thrown third down balls.

#3, this was a tough game, if they would have won it would have been an upset to everybody, we as a team are 9-2, we have victories over the top 2 other teams in the NFC, and probably need 3 more victories to secure homefield advantage.

<-- Chris

post #19 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:10 AM
teets

I guess all arguments lead to the same solution, ball control. Less Favre like bombs, more screen passes, more Thomas Jones(yes TJ, not benson that blood sucker) pounding the ball, short and sweet passes (when necessary of course).

Grossman airing it out in the first few games worked because defenses were anticipating the run. Now its vice versa. Gotta switch it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaterms View Post
I agree, Rex is the QB for the bears, however, I think your arguement has alot of holes let me strengthen it with these points

#1, Ron turner calls the plays, RON, you have two 1000 yard capable running backs, and the best defense in football, RUN THE BALL MORE. yesterday's lose can be placed just as much on his sholders as Rex's, yes rex through that last pass poorly, but it was ron turners decision to go deep on first down again, when your running backs already had 175 yards passing.

#2, while rex is technically 9-2, 1 win falls squarly on the defense (AZ game) the jets game he played average at best. This game he gave up several points, including that dropped ball in the redzeone, the late interception, and a few poorly thrown third down balls.

#3, this was a tough game, if they would have won it would have been an upset to everybody, we as a team are 9-2, we have victories over the top 2 other teams in the NFC, and probably need 3 more victories to secure homefield advantage.

teets
post #20 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Puppy Love!

Quote:
Ok, but seriously, he's not getting it done, giving him the confidence of saying "He's our QB" over and over hasn't done shit. I don't care who they put in, let Urlacher throw a few passes, Rex needs to know that he can be replaced or else why give a shit? I don't like Rex, but I don't like Griese or Orton either, but you have to take a look at how he's doing. As far as leading the team.... I'm not sure Rex has that in him, at least not yet. In the last few games especially it was late turnovers that gave the Bears extra life not the "amazing QB" that is Rex Grossman.
He's not getting it done??? How is he not getting it done? I'm sorry, but last time I checked the Bears are in spot numero uno. If that's not getting the job done, then hell, I don't know what is. Rex has came in and is averaging around 28 points per game!!! That's the highest we've seen in a long time, but hey, let's throw Brian Griese in, that'll get us some wins, because evidentally Grossman isn't

KJ

Quote:
I'm here to chew some bubble gum, and kick some ass.......and I'm all out of bubblegum!!
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #21 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Rex Banner

Quote:
He's not getting it done??? How is he not getting it done? I'm sorry, but last time I checked the Bears are in spot numero uno. If that's not getting the job done, then hell, I don't know what is. Rex has came in and is averaging around 28 points per game!!! That's the highest we've seen in a long time, but hey, let's throw Brian Griese in, that'll get us some wins, because evidentally Grossman isn't
And how many of those points where because the D turned it over and gave him another set of downs to try it again? Like I said, it has nothing to do with Griese, it has everything to do with Rex doesn't seem to give a shit, he's doing the same thing, week after week. Sure they are "little mistakes" but when you make them every game over and over they stack up and this week the house of cards tumbled. As I said before, I'm not blaming Grossman, he was rushed quite a few times because of line problems, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he's not living up to the hype, he looked so good the first few games and it's been a bumpy road since.
post #22 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Puppy Love!

Quote:
And how many of those points where because the D turned it over and gave him another set of downs to try it again?
Sure, we could sit here and research this about all the QB's in the league...Defense wins games IMO, but you also have to have a good QB. Do you think Manning, Rivers, or Brees go out there and win the games all by themselves? No. While, I haven't sat down and calculated the totals as to how many times the defense has stopped the other team from a first down, caused a fumble, or intercepted the ball, and then their was a TD on the next play, I'll still say that Rex has done an exceptional job for his first full year as a starter. Now, I'm not comparing Rex to any of those guys...I'm just saying you have to have a good D AND a good QB to be at the top. Look at the Jags, their D is rated in the top 5, and they are 6-5. They've had Byron Leftwich, who was more off then on, and is now out, now they have Gerrard who is decent, he's able to at least control a game well, and he's decent with passing the ball, but they are 6-5.

KJ

Quote:
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #23 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Bug

Gixx - I love ya honey, ya know I do but Grossman is not a "Superbowl" QB and has relied on his team to get him where he is and a true "Superbowl QB" relies on no one and finds a way to get it done AND takes the whole weight of the team on his own shoulders - I am going back to Marino, Montana, Young, Elway, Farve (in his day) they stepped up when it was needed and found a way to win - A team rallies behind guys like that and pulls the extra 50% to give the full 150% needed to win a championship - Gixx, he has over a 1 pic per game ratio

IMHO, he does not have what it takes to win a championship for our City

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #24 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Rex Banner

Of course, it take the whole team to win a game. It just bothers me that everyone puts up Rex as the golden boy, there's a big difference between theoretical potential and actually obtaining it. The reality is his passer rating has been in a slump the last 4-5 games. And if it takes the threat of someone taking his spot to get him in the groove than do it. I'm not saying replace him, I'm saying he needs a kick in the ass. Is he a bad QB? Not really, there are worse, he's only 28th right now. Is he living up to the hype that surrounds him? Not yet, that's for sure.
post #25 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:48 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Quote:
Wow yea.. that juke by brady was pretty wicked and the emotion afterwards... that was pretty pimp actually. haha did you see him apologizing to urlacher
Actually it really wasnt all that spectacular......Brian slowed up and was going to let him slide. I feel sorry for ANY QB now after that game! Brian will NOT slow up again i bet! Just dont get pissed when the yellows start flying due to "personal" fouls!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #26 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Puppy Love!

Quote:
Gixx - I love ya honey, ya know I do but Grossman is not a "Superbowl" QB and has relied on his team to get him where he is and a true "Superbowl QB" relies on no one and finds a way to get it done AND takes the whole weight of the team on his own shoulders - I am going back to Marino, Montana, Young, Elway, Farve (in his day) they stepped up when it was needed and found a way to win - A team rallies behind guys like that and pulls the extra 50% to give the full 150% needed to win a championship - Gixx, he has over a 1 pic per game ratio

IMHO, he does not have what it takes to win a championship for our City
I never said he is a superbowl QB. However, I do think with our defense and our RB's and WR's we can get to the SB and have a damn good chance. Yes, he does have a 1 pic per game ratio, but that is going to happen with a newbie who has around 2400 passing yards and 18 TD passes, and then you have Peyton Manning who has 2900 (yes, I just looked up manning's stats) or we could look at his brother who everyone says is an excellent QB and kisses his ass who as 2300 passing yards, 17 TD's and 15 picks.

Quote:
Of course, it take the whole team to win a game. It just bothers me that everyone puts up Rex as the golden boy, there's a big difference between theoretical potential and actually obtaining it. The reality is his passer rating has been in a slump the last 4-5 games. And if it takes the threat of someone taking his spot to get him in the groove than do it. I'm not saying replace him, I'm saying he needs a kick in the ass. Is he a bad QB? Not really, there are worse, he's only 28th right now. Is he living up to the hype that surrounds him? Not yet, that's for sure.
Well, I certainly don't think Rex is a golden boy, and yes, I do think that he needs to get it together. All I was saying is I'm so tired of hearing everyone say how much he sucks and how Griese should start over Grossman. That's all I was saying, I wasn't saying Grossman is the best QB in the league, because we all know he isn't (michael vick is of course!!! JOKING!!!!!!!) That is what my rant was all about. We'll see what Rex does next Sunday, when I'm at the game bitches!!

KJ

Quote:
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #27 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:59 AM
teets

I've just never seen Brady get so riled up before. I love the Bears and Urlacher, but was just showing some man-lust for Brady. Him and Belichik are truly the masterminds behind NE's success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labdog View Post
Actually it really wasnt all that spectacular......Brian slowed up and was going to let him slide. I feel sorry for ANY QB now after that game! Brian will NOT slow up again i bet! Just dont get pissed when the yellows start flying due to "personal" fouls!

teets
post #28 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Puppy Love!

Quote:
I've just never seen Brady get some riled up before. I love the Bears and Urlacher, but was just showing some man-lust for Brady. Him and Belichik are truly the masterminds behind NE's success.

I vote Belichick as the NFL's best dressed head coach!!

KJ

Quote:
MySpace
XBox Live - Gixx009
post #29 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Rex Banner

Quote:
Well, I certainly don't think Rex is a golden boy, and yes, I do think that he needs to get it together. All I was saying is I'm so tired of hearing everyone say how much he sucks and how Griese should start over Grossman. That's all I was saying, I wasn't saying Grossman is the best QB in the league, because we all know he isn't (michael vick is of course!!! JOKING!!!!!!!) That is what my rant was all about. We'll see what Rex does next Sunday, when I'm at the game bitches!!
The problem is, so many people do. Personally, I say scrap them all and get one really good QB. Oh no, not Micheal Vick, I guess at least you didn't say Farve. We will see, but what will be even more fun to see is how they do new years eve when I'll be at the Bears Packers game!!
post #30 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Bug

Quote:
I've just never seen Brady get so riled up before. I love the Bears and Urlacher, but was just showing some man-lust for Brady. Him and Belichik are truly the masterminds behind NE's success.
Brady has the poise and confidence that comes with his wins at U of M and NE but I gotta go with BB for the overall reason for NE success - hell, guys took pay cuts to play for him

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode