Bears vs. Lions Recap - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Bears vs. Lions Recap

The Bears squeaked by the 2-12 Lions in a yawner of a game by the score of 26-21. The Bears aren't playing for anything other than practice time and it showed in their somewhat lazy performance. Luckily the Lions are so bad the Bears could have won starting a combination of the Mt. Prospect travelling 8th graders, Girl Scout troop 118 and Vern Troyer. Next up is the season finale with the Green Bay Packers in what could be Brett Farve's last game. Whipdy Do!

ON OFFENSE:
Rex Grossman continued his streak of consistency with a solid 20/36 for 197 yards and 1TD performance. His decision making and arm both looked good. He also spread the ball around to all of his receivers. He did not turn the ball over. Normally, this is all that would be needed for a lobsided Bears victory but recently the Defense has been plaqued with injuries and not playing up to par so we might need better play from Rex in the playoffs than anyone imagined a few weeks ago. It seems like he is ready but we are going to see some tough defenses in the playoffs and only then will the Rex question be answered.

Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson did their part in the victory with a combined 27 carries for 111 yards. Both backs looked slightly off their A games but ran hard enough to keep the offense moving. Adrian Peterson scored the only rushing TD on a 2 yard jaunt.

Moose had a good day and Berrian got himself in the endzone.

ON DEFENSE:
The Bears continue to play without key players on defense and it's looking a little worse each week. This week Tank and Peanut were out. For most of the game the passrush couldn't even beat the Lions OL starting 3 reserves. The caused only one turnover against a Lions team that normally coughs up three or four a game. The only highlights from the D came from rookie Mark Anderson who posted two sacks and caused a fumble. This kid needs more playing time as Ogun has looked downright bad and A. Brown has been inconsistent lately.

OVERALL:
Don't read too much into this game or next week's game against the Packers. Regardless of what people say, players don't give 100% and coaches don't show their cards in meaningless games. The Bears are still the best team in the NFC and they have a very good chance at making the SuperBowl this year. There are still better teams in the AFC but the Bears have the ability to beat anyone if they play their best game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 10:44 AM

Bears will need to fire on all cylinders to beat a NO team or Dallas team that is firing on all cylinders. I think we can beat them both but I don't see anything in the last couple of weeks to suggest we are going to walk through these teams. The inconsistencies for whatever reason bother me because I don't think teams can just get back to clicking when they haven't clicked for 2-3 weeks continuosly. I still think we can make the SB if everyone plays well but THAT is my concern...that one side of the team won't show up.

The GB game is big because it can knock out GB from playoff contention I think on what SHOULD BE Brett's last game ever. How perfect would it be for the Bears to do that to him after the mauling he has given us over the years. 3 interceptions and 3 sacks would be nice too! Griese did well when he came in and that was nice to see in case we need to go to him.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Head Redneck

Sportbike: 2000 GSXR 750 Track Toy
Years Riding: Since I was 17
How you found us: member Rob

I'm a Bears fan but let's give the Lions their due, they played well and they are a better team than their record would indicate. All but two of their losses were by 7 points or less and, like this game they could have won most of them in the closing minutes.

Darrell
NESBA#280

"There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull
fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely
games."
Ernest Hemingway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttruckinon View Post
I'm a Bears fan but let's give the Lions their due, they played well and they are a better team than their record would indicate. All but two of their losses were by 7 points or less and, like this game they could have won most of them in the closing minutes.
DETROIT SUX ! DETROIT SUX ! That goes for their Deadthings too !
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttruckinon View Post
Detroit really is as bad as their record indicates. That team has bad owners, managers, coaches and players. They only lose by less than 7 because most teams let them come back in garbage time. They "could" be much better with the talent they have but they continually don't play up to their ability.

As for NO and Dallas, I'm more worried about Philly. NO can't stop the run and Dallas has a rookie QB and TO on the team. Philly has an aggressive defense that create big plays and an efficient offense that chews up the clock. NO could be dangerous with their big play offense, but I doubt they play as well in Chicago inside Soldier Field in January. Philly ruined our season in 2001 and they could do it again this year. They have won 4 in a row and are 5-1 in the toughest division in the NFC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode