Bears vs. Saints Recap - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Bears vs. Saints Recap

Today, in snowy Chicago the Bears opened up the coldest can of whoop-ass ever tasted by the New Orleans Saints and ending their miracle season by the score of 39-14. The vaunted Saints offense, hyped by most media nit-wits as the best of the NFL, couldn't find the endzone or hold on to the football most of the night. The Bears on the other hand took the vulnerable Saints defense to the wood shed to administer a vicious two-punch pounding of Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson. It was a close game for about a 10 minute span to start the third quarter and the rest of the game was a Bears blowout! The Bears scored 23 unanswered points to end the game.

ON OFFENSE:
The Bears racked up 199 yards of rushing offense on 44 carries. That's really all you need to see to know the Bears won the game. Self-annointed super-genius Ron Turner didn't outthink himself into a loss and kept giving the ball to Benson and Jones who just kept gaining yards, wearing down the defense, eating up the clock and scoring. Jones had the better day going for 123 yards on 19 carries with 2 TDs. He had his best game of the season and ran harder than I have seen him run in over a year. Benson ran hard as well but seemed to have less room. He gained 60 yards on 24 carries with 1 TD.

Rex Grossman posted a servicable performance in a game with tough weather conditions. He went 11/26 for 144 yards and 1TD. He did not turn the ball over and he did not take a sack. The much fore-casted Grossman disaster did not take place. The Bears did not need Brian Griese to take them to the Super Bowl this year.

The OL played a flat out fantastic game. All of them.

ON DEFENSE:
The defense looked like an opportunistic bunch of scrummers that seemed to strip balls at will whenever a turnover would be convenient. They forced three fumbles and recovered two (three if you count special teams). They recorded three sacks by the DL. They intercepted Drew Brees for the first time in 290 pass attempts. They held the Saints to 56 yards total rushing. That was the good part.

The bad is that they gave up 354 passing yards and 2 passing TDs. Oh well. A team that throws the ball 49 times is bound to hit lighting a few times.

ON SPECIAL TEAMS
Fairly dull day except for Robbie Gould going 3/3 to start the game and give the Bears their early lead. Adrian Peterson also forced a fumble on kickoff coverage.

OVERALL
We're going to Miami to face the Colts in the SUPERBOWL! The Colts D got torched for 27 points by the Pats and had been horrible against the run for most of the season which should make them a better opponent than the Patriots. On the other hand, Peyton Manning has a long history of torching the cover-2 defense which does not bode well for us. Screw it, who cares today? WE ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 21 YEARS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 10:20 PM

Sportbike: 2006 R6 Raven
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: ChicagoIlivewithmymomriders.com

Thomas Jones is on TV right now.

Thank you, Flincky...i am so drunk.

Book of my Fuh-Zayce

Gotta DANCE!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 05:25 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
The only reason the Bears won...was I stopped watching...I shit you not! I flip on the game, Bears immediately suffer from 14 unanswered points....I freak figuring I'm jinxing them....flip the TV odd Bears win Same think happened with the Colts...I start watching the game....Colts immediately look like they are playing freshman highschool football...I freak out again...wanting the Colts to win....so I turn off the game...Colts come back to win Does everyone realize if I watch the SuperBowl the Bears will lose This kind of karma sucks

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 06:21 AM
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers

Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
You said the special teams were dull?

Brad Maynard was the best on field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I will sock ya square in your snot locker if you EVER use the term "Bron Bron" in my presence - BAHLEEDAT
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
You said the special teams were dull?

Brad Maynard was the best on field.
i agree, he made that very nice punt that led to the safety
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 08:07 AM
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

right on!!, however i think you missed the game the special teams had. gould had his 3/3, but Maynard had 7 punts for an avg of 49 yards with 4 inside the 20. one being the 5 yard line one which ended up being a saftey and turning point in the game. Also Adrian Peterson, was a mad man on the special teams, he put out some vicious hits early and forced the fumble. Also Benson was having a very good game until the start of the second half when the O line forgot to block for half of the quarter and he had a few runs that ended up being losers.

Good write up!

ooops after i typed it i see others think the same, oh well here is my 2 pennies!!

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

Bear Down!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

I heard Maynard getting his man-love on the radio this morning. He did have a solid game. To me, special teams is always dull unless you kick a game winning field goal or break a return for a TD. Punters are supposed to pin people deep several times a game.

I also forgot to mention the D had a safety that probably shifted the momentum for the last time. Woops, that's what happens when you write these things up after celebrating.

Not enough can be said about the performance of Thomas Jones in both playoff games. I still think Benson is the better "workhorse" back, but TJ is the perfect compliment and a key part of our offense.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 01:35 PM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

Ive said it before and I will say it again - Saints got pwnd!

Flinchy, I dont know if theres anything to it, but seeing how EVERYONE was having trouble with footing, I noticed Jones not making his usual 3 deek moves before reaching the line. Instead, he just hit the hole- it seems to have suited him well, and I hope he continues to do so instead of wasting a second trying to put moves on people in the backfield like he has done in the past...........GO BEARS!

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Head Redneck

Sportbike: 2000 GSXR 750 Track Toy
Years Riding: Since I was 17
How you found us: member Rob

Was that a game? I thought it was a televised mugging!
On To The Super Bowl!
GO BEARS!

Darrell
NESBA#280

"There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull
fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely
games."
Ernest Hemingway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode