Bears Draft - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers

Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
Bears Draft

With apologies to Mr. Flinchy

I like the Greg Olson pick.

I love a play making tight end and the way Grossman went to his last year you have to like the pick

Traded their High Second for 4 more picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I will sock ya square in your snot locker if you EVER use the term "Bron Bron" in my presence - BAHLEEDAT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 06:37 PM

The trade of the #37 pick was amazing. San Diego gave up an awful lot to move up for a guy that would have lasted another 15 spots in my opinion. Eric Weddle is an Angelo type of player so maybe that is what made the trade happen.

Greg Olsen was a great pick IMO. Only possible downside is that Rosensleaze is his agent so he might not be in camp on time and waste his rookie year. Olsen will give us a real threat down the middle of the field.

Now we just need to get some depth on the OL and a third RB.....

BTW - With Brady Quinn still on the board in the middle of the first round, I was secretly hoping that Angelo would move up and snag him.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Olsen was a great pic IMO. Exactly the position the Bears needed to address, and Olsen is athletic and dependable. He'll be a difference maker me thinks

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
The trade of the #37 pick was amazing. San Diego gave up an awful lot to move up for a guy that would have lasted another 15 spots in my opinion. Eric Weddle is an Angelo type of player so maybe that is what made the trade happen.

Greg Olsen was a great pick IMO. Only possible downside is that Rosensleaze is his agent so he might not be in camp on time and waste his rookie year. Olsen will give us a real threat down the middle of the field.

Now we just need to get some depth on the OL and a third RB.....

BTW - With Brady Quinn still on the board in the middle of the first round, I was secretly hoping that Angelo would move up and snag him.

Clost to that taking an OLB and a RB. That kid outta NIU is faaaast. Good change of pace back. I'm glad we picked up a LB (...Briggs, asshole). Getting Olsen at 31 was incredible, hopefully he brings us an Antonio Gates/Tony Gonzalez/Jeremy Shockey type aspect to the club. I did find it hilarious when they showed Rosenhaus and him all excited with his family, yet Rosenhaus is still stickin it to the Bears with Briggs. Bears are doing a great job of calling Briggs' bluff though, we'll see if that money hungry guy can pass up $7.2 million then make far less on the open market next year after having been a clubhouse cancer to the team.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 10:08 AM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
anybody have any thoughts for the rest of the bears picks? I have read alot of mixed reviews, some people say this RB from Northern is a stud in the making, but a little small. I think he could give us a nice burner type option next to benson / peterson. The CB that we got late looks like a good potential late round steal. anybody have any thoughts?

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin

Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers

Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaterms View Post
anybody have any thoughts for the rest of the bears picks? I have read alot of mixed reviews, some people say this RB from Northern is a stud in the making, but a little small. I think he could give us a nice burner type option next to benson / peterson. The CB that we got late looks like a good potential late round steal. anybody have any thoughts?
Angelo really has not missed on these late round picks so I will give him the benefit that they will contribute. His early picks seem to turn out poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I will sock ya square in your snot locker if you EVER use the term "Bron Bron" in my presence - BAHLEEDAT
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Wolfe averaged close to 6 yards a carry for most of his career, short people kick ass. I hope he becomes a superstar
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Joe Momma...

Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to JoJo
Two words........ADRIAN PETERSON!!!

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
Two words........ADRIAN PETERSON!!!
Two words ..... TARVARIS JACKSON

B E A R S
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Joe Momma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZX6R View Post
Two words ..... TARVARIS JACKSON

B E A R S
Last I checked Mr. Jackson was quite good at handing the ball off.

Quote:
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 05:13 PM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

Quote:
anybody have any thoughts for the rest of the bears picks? I have read alot of mixed reviews, some people say this RB from Northern is a stud in the making, but a little small.
Watched him play lots of times, the kid is insane.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 11:44 PM
I wok!

Sportbike: 2006 felt f65 and a 07 STI
Years Riding: 5 years
How you found us: wtf is this shit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzx9r View Post
Watched him play lots of times, the kid is insane.
no doubt the kid is a jackrabbit. looking forward to next season already
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 08:09 AM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja 13 View Post
Wolfe averaged close to 6 yards a carry for most of his career, short people kick ass. I hope he becomes a superstar
6 yards a carry in the NIU conference is ALOT different then the NFL. He is small, which means he might have trouble breaking tackles. Also, the NFL game happens ALOT faster.

The bears also scored Chris Leak and the RB from Notre dame in the free agency.

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
6 yards a carry in the NIU conference is ALOT different then the NFL. He is small, which means he might have trouble breaking tackles. Also, the NFL game happens ALOT faster.

The bears also scored Chris Leak and the RB from Notre dame in the free agency.

granted, the MAC isn't the SEC but that's still damned impressive. I was just giving a short guy his props, people under 5'8" are still useful dammit
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 01:09 PM
The Sausage king

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: Since my mid-life crisis
How you found us: Hankered for a hunka cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja 13 View Post
granted, the MAC isn't the SEC but that's still damned impressive. I was just giving a short guy his props, people under 5'8" are still useful dammit
Wolfe took over at NIU after Turner, the Burner, left. Turner is now the backup RB in San Diego and has done really well when LT isn't in there. He's about the same size as wolfe and had similiar stats at NIU. I think Wolfe will be a solid NFL player. I think da Bears will use him on 3rd down using short passes to him and letting him do his thing to gain big yards. Good draft overall even if G-Reg likes rapping about the bishes and hos.

Da Bears!
Ducati
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Listen to Motley Crue

Sportbike: POSER
Years Riding: 3 Years
How you found us: Shadrach

G-Reg
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 02:28 PM
a hollow voice says plugh

Sportbike: sold
Years Riding: legally- 7
How you found us: don't remember

Send a message via AIM to Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Zero
Actually AJ Harris took over for Turner then Wolfe took the job from Harris.

Same size or same height? Turner is pushing 230+ lbs. Wolfe is what, 187lbs?

Last edited by Zero; 05-01-2007 at 03:46 PM.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 02:32 PM

If Wolfe can put on maybe 15-20lbs and not lose any speed or agility, he'll be ok. I'm not saying that will happen but 5-8 isn't terribly short for a HB. Brian Westbrook was supposedly too small too and he's doing ok.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 03:19 PM
The Sausage king

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerogta View Post
Actually HJ Harris took over for Turner then Wolfe took the job from Harris.

Same size or same height? Turner is pushing 230+ lbs. Wolfe is what, 187lbs?
Good eye, yeah, wolfe is a lighter, but I think he'll be alright since the Bears don't need him to be their #1 back. Peterson will surely come in for that to give Benson a break when needed. Like I said, I think Wolfe will be used on 3rd downs and will be asked to catch passes out of the backfield so that he won't have to pound his way through the D-line.

I was expecting them to pick up a D-tackle in the draft because of the Tank situation and Tommie Harris coming off injury. Maybe they'll pick someone up after June 1st cuts or ask Alex Brown to move inside?

Da Bears!
Ducati
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 03:47 PM

Alex Brown is way too light to play DT. His strength is his speed and he'd lose all that speed if he bulked up to play tackle.
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 04:14 PM
The Sausage king

I'm thinking Alex Brown is on the way out unless he can make the move inside to DT. They like Mark Anderson alot as he was getting more and more playing time late in the year and they drafted another DE in the 2nd round.

Da Bears!
Ducati
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 04:31 PM

Mark Anderson needs to improve against the run. He's a liability on anything other than passing plays at this point. Brown doesn't set the world on fire against the run but he's serviceable and he just got an extension.

If you ask me Ogunleye isn't pulling his weight for what he was expected and paid to do. It's tough without Jason Taylor on the other end of the line I guess?
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:46 PM

Wolfe will provide some big plays if he can stay healthy. He is very undersized to survive in the NFL with 240+ lbs linebackers popping him all the time. I like this pick though because Benson and Peterson are both bruisers and hard runners. Wolfe will be a nice change of pace.

The Dan Bazuin pick should seal the fate of either Brown or Ogun. I have a feeling that the Bears were not happy with the performance of either last year and wanted to improve the position.

The rest of the draft is way too early to tell. All of the players have potential but none are stand outs. I like the positions they took though. Depth on the OL and in the secondary and a possible replacement for Briggs. We may lose either Tillman or Vasher so some depth at CB is a good thing.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 09:43 AM

I dont follow football DRAFTING that much but what I have to say after watching almost all of the season last year is Griese better be the starting QB... Urlacher is over rated but better hold the D together. Muhsin Muhommad better learn how to catch... I dunno how many times I saw throws RIGHT TO HIM go thru his hands. Also, it sucks that we lost Thomas Jones to the st00pid Jets but...then again I HOPE Cedric benson can step it up and WALK IT OUT lol...
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Joe Momma...

Benson will be fine IF he can stay healthy which he hasn't been able to do so far.

Quote:
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 12:18 PM

What has Griese done in his career that would lead ayone to think he could do any better? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, I'm just curious.

My take is Rex is developing, Griese is as good as he's going to get. He's a journeyman QB with below-average arm strength that is on his 4th team. Take that for whatever it's worth.

I go back and forth on Urlacher. He is an amazing athlete but sometimes he disappears and sometimes he takes over a game (ex: MNF vs Cardinals). There's plays that average MLBs make that he either over pursues or gets blocked out of. Urlacher is the least of the Bears concerns and hardly overrated. If he's not the best MLB in the NFL in 2007, then he's top 2-3.

I'm not sold on Benson but wasn't crazy about Jones. Jones did way too much tapdancing behind the line and wouldn't hit a hole decisively. Look at a couple of young HBs like Laurence Maroney or Marion Barber hit a hole. Jones was/is an average to above average HB on his best day.

Muhsin Muhammad had everyone fooled. He acts and talks like a superstar but doesn't deliver. Admittedly, Kyle Orton and bad Rex aren't the optimal QBs to get the ball to him. Good Rex is, but Moose has to do his part. I liked Moose at Michigan State and in Carolina but I'm disappointed overall by his Bears tenure.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 01:33 PM

Rex is going to have his last chance this year. If he doesn't improve from last year, he is not going to be resigned. I still think he can be a good QB if he just settles down and plays smart.

Benson should be a stud this year. If the OL stays healthy and plays well Benson should be good for 1300+ yards and 8-10 TDS. The X-Factor is if Wolfe makes the team and gets carries on third down as a scat back. Benson is tough and he's lucky to not have been hurt worse. Both of his injuries looked terrible on film but he was only taking sprains instead of tears which is a good sign.

If G-Reg starts and draws coverage downfield it should be a huge benefit for our WRs. Moose, Berrian and Bradley should all increase their production from last year. Berrian in particular as I can see G-Reg holding safeties so Berrian can break loose downfield.

The best part of all of this is that I don't think any other team in the NFC North improved enough to top the Bears. It "should" be another cakewalk to the playoffs for the Bears. The Vikings are the only team that may be able to make a move this year. [Insert JoJo response about how Adrian Peterson is going to win rookie of the year and take the Vikes to the playoffs]
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Joe Momma...

haha, I do like Peterson but I agree with you on the NFC North. We have too many questions at QB with Jackson and if the defense will be as good as last year now that Tomlinson is in Pitt. I think the suprise team will be GB this year IF they can get WR help. I thought they would pull the trigger on Moss but Keyshawn may end up there which would help them. The lions will suck as usual. I see the division going to the bears with the packers getting a wildcard spot (god it hurts to say that).

Quote:
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 04:06 PM

Adrian Peterson (the one on the Vikings) is going to be an absolute monster. Many teams are going with a two-RB tandem (Jaguars, Saints, Chargers) and now the Vikings have a good pair of HBs. If Jackson can manage to hand the ball off and not make stupid throws on passing plays, then the Vikings could be tough. The Vikings have very raw WRs that need to prove themselves and a developing QB from Alabama State isn't always the best person to get the ball to the raw WRs that need to prove themselves.

As far as Green Bay, Driver is solid and Koren Robinson had all the experts labeling him as sure-fire stud coming out of South Carolina. If he can get his head out of his ass and his ass out of a car while drunk, he should produce. GB has many holes but not as many as some may think. The should finish around .500 in 07.

Lions? I'm absolutely astounded that Charles Rogers is completely out of the NFL after being the 2nd overall pick a few years ago. He projected to be better than Mason, Moose, Rison, and Burress. They picked up Tatum Bell and Kevin Jones could be dangerous if he stays healthy. Their defense doesn't scare anyone though behind Shaun Rogers.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 11:49 PM

The Vikes Adrian Peterson will be a damn good player if he can stay healthy. He is a little undersized to carry the rock 30+ times a game but since they have Chester Taylor to split the load it shouldn't be a problem. Peterson has that special blend of power and speed that few players have. The D should keep them in most games even with Tomlinson gone. Their CB's are going to be the big question mark on defense. QB is obviously the big question mark on offense but at least Jackson has one of the best Olines in the league to give him time.

Green Bay won't be a .500 team. Farve is getting worse every year and that offense needs him to do anything. Their D is average. I think Green Bay back pedals and finishes around 6-10 this year.

Detroit is Detroit. Are they ever going to be a threat? They could have the entire freaking pro-bowl roster on their team and they would still finish below .500 most of the time. The franchise is flat-out cursed. Although for once I agreed with their choice of drafting a WR in the first round.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode