Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Lance Brigg's Car Curiouser and Curiouser

2K views 62 replies 22 participants last post by  Arch 
#1 ·
This smells funny to me.

Briggs' Car In Crash

Debra Dale Reporting

CHICAGO (STNG) - Illinois State Police tell Newsradio 780 a Lamborghini sports car registered to Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, crashed on the Edens Expressway early this morning.

WBBM’s Debra Dale has the story.

ISP Master Sgt. Rasuaro Sanchez says, when troopers arrived on the scene at 3:14 a.m., they found the car off the road, but no driver.

The car appears to have hit a guardrail on the northbound Edens near Devon Avenue. No other vehicles were involved. The car has been towed away.

Sgt. Sanchez tells Newsradio 780 that state police have been trying, unsuccessfully to contact Briggs.

At this point Sanchez says they don't know who was driving the car when it crashed.

Sgt. Sanchez says he has no knowledge of the car being reported stolen.

State police are conducting an investigation into a property damage hit-and-run accident.

Sgt. Sanchez says whoever was driving the car will likely be issued traffic citations.

See less See more
#8 ·
He was probablly doing the same shit we do on our bikes. Riding above the normal limits and lost control. No big deal. If you lowside do you call the popos and say Whaa I crashed? Or pick up your bike throw it in a truck and or ride away counting your lucky stars. He should've called a tow.

#9 ·
and when the cops showed up and he was liquored up or had snort or something else on him.........

I doubt a tow truck would get that car out of there without the cops showing up

#12 ·
may I assume they pulled finger prints from the steering wheel or handle or?? This should be an easy one to determine if he was driving

I dont think there were even plates on the car yet.

#27 ·
it is his car isnt it, dont you think his finger prints will be on all those spots anyhow?:laughing:

but, one could hope someone elses will be there too.

im thinking hes going to pull the i was driving to fast, crashed it, was in shock/scared and left the scene.

#13 ·
Having driven a Lambo before, I can tell you it is VERY hard to lose control in a vehicle like that, unless you are being a complete and total stupid asshat. That thing goes where you point it... so I would guess something caused him to point it wrong or he hit something first.

#15 ·
Benefit of the doubt post in

Could be he was drunk at home last night with his entourage and one of his buddies took the vehicle. crashed it and said fuck this I'm outta here. Or they were at a club, he hooked up with some random slut and told his buddy, here take my ride, I'm going home with this cepterhead, now they cant reach him cause he's tied to a motel bed somewhere with his wallet and cash gone as the bitch robbed him.

you guys clearly dont watch enough CSI :laughing

#16 ·
Could be he was drunk at home last night with his entourage and one of his buddies took the vehicle. crashed it and said fuck this I'm outta here. Or they were at a club, he hooked up with some random slut and told his buddy, here take my ride, I'm going home with this cepterhead, now they cant reach him cause he's tied to a motel bed somewhere with his wallet and cash gone as the bitch robbed him.
BAM! Herpes! :lmao:

#18 ·
Didn't read the whole thread so sorry if I'm repeating, but the best report I heard was "the car reportedly belongs to a Lance Briggs, we have not yet confirmed that this is the same Lance Briggs on the Bears" :lmao

Like there is a multitude of Lance Briggs' running around in six figure cars:laughing

#19 ·
What really happened is he was getting schooled by a 80k 07 ZO6 and lost it. Being to embarrassed after the loss and crash he decided not to stick around. :laughing:

#20 ·
3:14am and a crash where he left the scene....he was either drunk, drugged up, or had drugs on them. Otherwise he would have stuck around. What's a ticket going to bother someone that makes that much.

But, this is what I was wondering when I heard this. If something like that happens and no one else is involved, is running away better than getting a DUI???

#21 ·
But, this is what I was wondering when I heard this. If something like that happens and no one else is involved, is running away better than getting a DUI???

For him it would be better, because of the NFL new standards and what happened to Tank months ago, better to run and detox then stay and get a suspension. I just don't understand why these guys continue to take chances. None of them ever learn anything from others' mistakes :(.

#30 ·
if he was driving it...which he was, he was drunk...ran bc he didn't want to get suspended by the NFL. the players union hasn't been really backing up their guys lately, apparently they'd rather cut their loses and run (no pun intended), so my guess is he's still going to get reprimanded by the NFL regardless of what happened.

#31 ·
Lance’s attorney or agent may release a statement like this,

“Lance Briggs was involved in an accident earlier this morning resulting in no damage to anyone or anything other than his vehicle. Lance had not consumed any alcohol before driving home from a friend’s house. The Chicago Bear’s linebacker was disoriented from the impact and returned home unintentionally. Lance also was suffering from a slight concussion that occurred in Saturday’s game. My client apologizes for any inconvenience this incident may have caused. My client has seven million reasons not to drink and drive. “

The NFL usually does not take action until a court hearing or charges are filed. Leaving the scene of an accident is a long way from federal charges and conspiracy. That is unless someone can prove that he was over the limit. . Maybe the Bears can suspend him from the last pre-season game…haha..

#33 ·
The NFL usually does not take action until a court hearing or charges are filed. Leaving the scene of an accident is a long way from federal charges and conspiracy. That is unless someone can prove that he was over the limit. . Maybe the Bears can suspend him from the last pre-season game…haha..
this may be true but the NFL is trying to curtail stupid behavior like this so regardless of how minor it is he could still see some kind of fine or something. honestly i hope he does get fined or something.

#32 ·
Its obvious he was drunk, if not he wouldnt wait till mid day (hungover is gone) to talk to the state police...This is why some people shouldn't be given money. What a waste of a nice car.

#34 ·
This is a good philosophical question. You’re driving home and your buddy is following you. You have had a few beers at the bar you just left. You hit the guard rail because some girls in a lane adjacent to you flashed their boobs. You know you're not drunk or wasted but could be .08. What do you do?

A. Call the cops and file a report
B. Have your buddy drive you home because you may be over the limit
C. Hop in your buddies car and chase the limo

Is this the same thing when someone goes down on their bike but doesn’t file a police report? It happens all the time, they just call their buddy with a truck.

#37 ·
Is this the same thing when someone goes down on their bike but doesn’t file a police report? It happens all the time, they just call their buddy with a truck.
I would say that leaving the scene of an accident, AND THE VEHICLE THERE, is quite a bit different...not to mention the potential damage to public property in the light pole (not kidding, I knew someone that had to replace a $2200 light pole as part of the ins settlement)

#49 ·
this could be a poor attempt at getting out of the franchise tag. bears get sick of his antics just like tank and they drop him.

#52 ·
You all would do the same thing. Hes gonna pay one of his lackys $25,000 to agree that Briggs let him borrow the car, he got drunk, crashed and then left the scene.:1pimp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.