good website for discount green's fees - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
good website for discount green's fees

does anybody have a good website for discount green's fees? I was out at a course about two weeks ago (waters edge in Worth, IL) we had a 2 for 1 pass, that made it $33 a round each with a cart which i thought was very resonable. Only to find out that the pair that we got paired with found a deal online for $39 a person and that included a dozen balls. Our deal was a coupon that a friend got from buying a coupon sheet at the beginning of the year (you know the deal, spend $50 for $500 in free golf type of thing)

FYI, waters edge golf course's online special is $10 off the posted rate which would make it $51 a round, and no where near as good a deal as $39 with a dozen balls.

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

www.ezlinks.com
www.greatgreenfees.com
www.stonewallorchard.com

You can find coupon books etc on E-bay.
http://sporting-goods.shop.ebay.com/...Z14108QQ_sopZ7

Good luck.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
The Victim Newbie

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
sweet.

Now if somebody can just fix my swing, I will be set to go.

<-- Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Pierced & tattooed freak!

Sportbike: 1999 GSX-R750
Years Riding: "None of your bleepin' business!" - Joe Pesci
How you found us: Read about it in a fortune cookie

Republicans. Ha.

Dante: [to Randal] You never go ass-to-mouth!
Randal: [to Dante] Would you grow up!
Becky: [to Dante] OK, I'm only telling you this because we're friends, but sometimes, in the heat of the moment, it's forgivable to go ass-to-mouth.
Randal: [chuckling] Ha! I knew it.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 03:19 PM
A.K.A. Vodka Waters

Sportbike: '06 GSX-R600 Red/Black
Years Riding: a few weeks
How you found us: Fell asleep on the keyboard, woke up here

Send a message via AIM to muddy Send a message via MSN to muddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwaterms View Post
sweet.

Now if somebody can just fix my swing, I will be set to go.
Well 5+ years of my winter swing lessons might be of some help. Maybe we can meet up sometime at a driving range and see what I can pass along to ya.

Adam
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
The Victim Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy4dsm View Post
Well 5+ years of my winter swing lessons might be of some help. Maybe we can meet up sometime at a driving range and see what I can pass along to ya.
if your offering, I would appreciate the help. fresh meadows is right down the street from me.

<-- Chris

Last edited by clearwaterms; 08-18-2008 at 03:41 PM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 04:28 PM
A.K.A. Vodka Waters

Quote:
if your offering, I would appreciate the help. fresh meadows is right down the street from me.
Sure, that'd be no problem. I'm actually pretty surprised that you are fairly close to where I live. If you look on a map, I live by the little hump in 290 between Des Planes and Harlem and I work in Bellwood on 25th and Madison.

I'll be gone this weekend (Thursday night through Monday night) but other than that I should probably be pretty available. Let me know.

Adam
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
The Victim Newbie

Quote:
Sure, that'd be no problem. I'm actually pretty surprised that you are fairly close to where I live. If you look on a map, I live by the little hump in 290 between Des Planes and Harlem and I work in Bellwood on 25th and Madison.

I'll be gone this weekend (Thursday night through Monday night) but other than that I should probably be pretty available. Let me know.
i live in westchester, just west of gardner and north of cermak. I work from home a few days a week, so sometime next week (or when ever you are available)

thanks again for the help.

<-- Chris

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 04:58 PM
A.K.A. Vodka Waters

Quote:
i live in westchester, just west of gardner and north of cermak. I work from home a few days a week, so sometime next week (or when ever you are available)

thanks again for the help.
Sometime next week should work for me. Maybe on Tuesday or Thursday after 5:30 (after work) or so to avoid possible riding nights (out of town on Monday and Wednesday bike night). We could just make a CLSB driving range night and tie it into dinner or something in case anyone else wants go to the range for a while and take out some aggression. Thoughts?

Adam
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
The Victim Newbie

Quote:
Sometime next week should work for me. Maybe on Tuesday or Thursday after 5:30 (after work) or so to avoid possible riding nights (out of town on Monday and Wednesday bike night). We could just make a CLSB driving range night and tie it into dinner or something in case anyone else wants go to the range for a while and take out some aggression. Thoughts?
im game. there is a nice restruant and pub on cermak and 9th called the village pub, good food, and only a few minutes from the range. thursday is out. It would have to be tuesday.

<-- Chris

Last edited by clearwaterms; 08-18-2008 at 08:21 PM.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Old Squid on a Blade

Hang and hit balls with a friend. Good times. Unless the friend is a low single digit and came off a " golf program" take anything with a grain of salt.

Lessons = a pro you can build a working relationship with. Quite often a good assistant pro is the ticket. They are cheaper and can be quite good. Lessons should have short and long term structure and stress short game. In three of my last 4 lessons I didn't hit a ball more than 100 yards. Since I'm trying to improve my game I shoot for a lesson a week and manage 1 every other week.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
The Victim Newbie

Quote:

Hang and hit balls with a friend. Good times. Unless the friend is a low single digit and came off a " golf program" take anything with a grain of salt.

Lessons = a pro you can build a working relationship with. Quite often a good assistant pro is the ticket. They are cheaper and can be quite good. Lessons should have short and long term structure and stress short game. In three of my last 4 lessons I didn't hit a ball more than 100 yards. Since I'm trying to improve my game I shoot for a lesson a week and manage 1 every other week.
and just out of curiosity, what do you normally shoot? I watched a video yesterday on 3 tips to breaking 90, and none of them had anything to do with the tee box.

#1 - don't 3 putt (AKA practice putting so its second nature)
#2 - be good enough at chipping to put everything inside of 35 yards on the green
#3 - play the hole to get on the green in your "adjusted" regulation, aka add a stroke, because bogey golf is a 90.

<-- Chris

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
The Victim Newbie

Quote:

i can't afford taking that many lessons, and right now im enjoying the game. I am a pretty consistent 105ish golfer, and know that if I play more and work out my short game, that score would drop. so I do see your point. However, I also feel (Im sure everybody does) that I have a fundamental flaw in my drive that causes an unmanagable aussie hook. If it's something that can be fixed quickly, im not certain it would improve my game sore, I do feel comfortable that it will improve my enjoyment of the game (looking for 5 or 6 drives every 9 because they are in the trees or deep ruff sucks)

<-- Chris

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:44 AM
A.K.A. Vodka Waters

I haven't played in a while, but I was usually around 75 (+/-3) at my home course. If it was the first time I've played a course, I'd be around 80 or so. I haven't played much since high school or college but I did happen to put down a 34 (par 35) with my first time on a course back in Minnesota before I moved here.

I can't claim to be able to completely break down a swing anymore, nor do I have the tools to completely analyize one. I do, however, have many years of lessons under my belt and can offer what I know to help simplify a swing and get it to work a little better before spending the money on professional lessions. I've had mine broken down many times and had things pointed out to me from my home course's head pro.

Adam
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
The Victim Newbie

Quote:
I haven't played in a while, but I was usually around 75 (+/-3) at my home course. If it was the first time I've played a course, I'd be around 80 or so. I haven't played much since high school or college but I did happen to put down a 34 (par 35) with my first time on a course back in Minnesota before I moved here.

I can't claim to be able to completely break down a swing anymore, nor do I have the tools to completely analyize one. I do, however, have many years of lessons under my belt and can offer what I know to help simplify a swing and get it to work a little better before spending the money on professional lessions. I've had mine broken down many times and had things pointed out to me from my home course's head pro.
again, I appreciate the help.

are we on for next tuesday? If so, I will post a thread in the social gatherings.

<-- Chris

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:52 AM
A.K.A. Vodka Waters

Yeah, I was going to start one this afternoon but you probably have a better idea of the places and the locations in the area.

I'm in!

CLSB Driving Range Night?

Adam
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
The Victim Newbie

Quote:
Yeah, I was going to start one this afternoon but you probably have a better idea of the places and the locations in the area.

I'm in!

CLSB Driving Range Night?
https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...ad.php?t=77551

from your office just go south to cermak, go west accross the bridge into westchester, past mannhiem, past wolf, on your right hand side. Oh, and Im a lefty and drive a dark red ford explorer, black golf bag, I can be there any time after 5 and only live about 5 minutes from there, so just give me a call when you are on your way and I can meet you there.

<-- Chris

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

I play to a high single to low double digit depending on what part of me is hurting at the time and if I'm fighting my putter. So high 70s to mid 80s. I'd really like to get down to a mid single. Since I didn't touch a club before I was 39 and have gone through major R shoulder surgery I really can't expect too much more. (Remember, golf is all about excuses. Especially as you get older.)

Did you ever hear the expression "Drive for show, putt for dough"? Per Greg Norman it should be, "Drive for dough, putt for dough". If I start hooking off the tee, which is my error too, it's going to be a bad day. Every 4th to 5th lesson is driver/full swing. Despite my shoulder, I can pump the ball out there and the gun is an important part of my game.

Who said golf is cheap? OK, just kidding, but if some limited lessons can help take 10 strokes off your game and keep you out of the woods IMO it's worth it. My assistant pro, at Randall Oakes who should be a full pro this fall, is $35 a lesson and it includes balls. They have a full practice facility and you can chip and putt to your heart's content. I can easily spend 1.5 - 2 hours out there for a lesson / practice sesson. Put in that context, $35 a pop isn't too bad and a lesson a month should be affordable for most budgets.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
The Victim Newbie

Quote:
I play to a high single to low double digit depending on what part of me is hurting at the time and if I'm fighting my putter. So high 70s to mid 80s. I'd really like to get down to a mid single. Since I didn't touch a club before I was 39 and have gone through major R shoulder surgery I really can't expect too much more. (Remember, golf is all about excuses. Especially as you get older.)

Did you ever hear the expression "Drive for show, putt for dough"? Per Greg Norman it should be, "Drive for dough, putt for dough". If I start hooking off the tee, which is my error too, it's going to be a bad day. Every 4th to 5th lesson is driver/full swing. Despite my shoulder, I can pump the ball out there and the gun is an important part of my game.

Who said golf is cheap? OK, just kidding, but if some limited lessons can help take 10 strokes off your game and keep you out of the woods IMO it's worth it. My assistant pro, at Randall Oakes who should be a full pro this fall, is $35 a lesson and it includes balls. They have a full practice facility and you can chip and putt to your heart's content. I can easily spend 1.5 - 2 hours out there for a lesson / practice sesson. Put in that context, $35 a pop isn't too bad and a lesson a month should be affordable for most budgets.

yes, I could swing $35 once a month, it's the $50 a week that I would have trouble getting past congress.

as for the who said golf is cheap. It is what you make of it. If you don't have any expectations of being spectacular at it, you can play a 9 hole round at a local course for $15 (meadowlark by me in the evening or early morning) and a dozen balls costs $10 (buying topflite or something else cheap) it is a resonable sport.

On the other end of the spectrum, you can hit $40 callaway golf balls with $900 irons, at $110 a round golf courses.

<-- Chris

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Don't forget about $399 drivers or country club memberships starting at a minimum of $25,000 with $1,200 a month assessments.

I don't want to think too hard about what I spend on golf. It's right there with a bike budget. I'll admit to $5,000 a year by the time the smoke clears. Golf b very addictive...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode