Michael Vick conditionally reinstated to play in the NFL - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Chicagoland Sports Corner Here is the forum to talkabout Sports, sports and only sports. The latest lines, scores and sports news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Space Monkey

Sportbike: 1998 GSX-R750 SRAD
Years Riding: Five
How you found us: from Bek (Andy)

Michael Vick conditionally reinstated to play in the NFL

This makes me sick to my stomach.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/spor...ck.Reinstated/

NEW YORK (AP) Michael Vick is back in the NFL. Now all he needs is a team to play for.

Vick, free after serving 18 months in prison for running a dogfighting ring, was reinstated with conditions by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday. He could participate in regular-season games as early as October.

Vick can immediately take part in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games - if he can find a team that will sign him. A number of teams have already said they would not.

Once the season begins, Vick may participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19) at the latest....

Hey, while we're at it, let's parole that kiddie rapist because he makes a good party clown.

Email [email protected] to voice your opinions on this matter. Several people I know have already sent letters to Goodell with their intention of boycotting all NFL products and games.

When the pepper spray runs out, can I have your number?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 07:48 PM

Sportbike: 2012 Ducati M696
Years Riding: 4
How you found us: Google

I'm torn on the issue. I hate anybody who messes with 1)Children 2)Women and 3)Animals in that order. I despise them actually. But he served his time and should be allowed to return to his work. I would prefer there be a more conditional basis, like more community service or something. But maybe his team will do that...
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Clever Girl

Sportbike: 'Fightered F3
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: I woke up here.

Send a message via AIM to Noodles
His sentence was a joke for the crime and I wish he was banned from the NFL for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
Noodles accepts no liability for the content of this post, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Noodles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

I wonder if all (if any) pro stick/ball sports have moral terpitude clauses in their contracts.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm a non-achiever.

Sportbike: KTM 450sx/Sumo, XR50R w/training wheels
Years Riding: street 06; track 09
How you found us: the cops

You know, villify me if you want, but I'm ok with it. He already has been tried in a court of law by his peers. He was punished. Why should the NFL trump that? If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at the judicial system for extending favortism towards famous and or sports stars. That is the real problem.

"Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast"
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Addicted

Sportbike: 09 Kawi ZX6R, 75' Yamaha RD250, '13 KTM 350 SX-F, '05 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: Not nearly long enough
How you found us: followed the squids

Send a message via AIM to eE jeremy
Would i get my job back if i was in jail for 18 months for killing dogs? No, he shouldn't either. If anything professional athletes should be held to a HIGHER standard than everybody else, children look up to them as role models, that's part of the deal, and if you don't fit that role, you shouldn't be allowed to play.

Shitty Pass Racing #513
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm a non-achiever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eE jeremy View Post
Would i get my job back if i was in jail for 18 months for killing dogs? No, he shouldn't either. If anything professional athletes should be held to a HIGHER standard than everybody else, children look up to them as role models, that's part of the deal, and if you don't fit that role, you shouldn't be allowed to play.
Seriously? Do you follow the news? A WHOLE lot of superstar atheletes are fucked up. That is a fact. And are you saying that if you go to jail you shouldn't be allowed to hold a job anymore? What happened to rehabilitation?

post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Clever Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaugdog View Post
Seriously? Do you follow the news? A WHOLE lot of superstar atheletes are fucked up. That is a fact. And are you saying that if you go to jail you shouldn't be allowed to hold a job anymore? What happened to rehabilitation?
If I were charged with a felony like Vick, I can guarantee I would not get my job back nor would I be able to find another one in my field.

And you can't justify Vick being allowed back into the NFL because other athletes are fucked up. It's my opinion none of the fucked up ones should be allowed back in. They are role models whether they like it or not and should be held to a higher standard like eD jeremy said.

Quote:
Noodles accepts no liability for the content of this post, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Noodles.
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm a non-achiever.

Edit. changed my peace oriented post. Forgot the next one, hold on.

post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm a non-achiever.

A higher standard huh?? Like the multiple players who have been charged with one form or another of murder and still play?? Or rape? Or assault?? Or any of the other MULTIPLE FELONIES they have been charged with, and will still be inducted into the hall of fame? Don't tell me Ray Lewis won't go to the hall. I just think everyone deserves a second chance, just like you would if caught....

post #11 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Listen to Motley Crue

Sportbike: POSER
Years Riding: 3 Years
How you found us: Shadrach

He did his time for the crime. He should be reinstated with NO conditions, granted a team picks him up..
post #12 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:30 PM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

he should be neutered
publicly
with a dull knife and no pain killers

he is an animal and he doesn't deserve millions... he might disrespect animals... that's because he doesn't know any better. He is like a cruel animal.

I cannot stand those who abuse animals/people whatever in their care....

That is below low. He is weak.

Last edited by iamnotgreg; 07-27-2009 at 10:33 PM.
post #13 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:30 PM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

a lot of people finding killing animals not a big deal.

I'll take my comparison a bit further. Say he shot a kid in the head. If he did his time of 2 years. Should he go back to playing football? He did his time. mmmkay

Kids look up to athletes as role models. Why should the athletes follow the same footsteps as gansta rappers?
post #14 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Clever Girl

I guess at least it's comforting to know he lost a shit ton of money and is basically an indentured servant to the NFL for the next couple years.

Quote:
post #15 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:33 PM

Sportbike: 600rr & Zuma125
Years Riding: since 2002
How you found us: linked on the interwebs

Send a message via AIM to Audiofyl Send a message via MSN to Audiofyl
running an illegal dog fighting ring, raping a girl, committing murder, taking illegal drugs.....none of those things happen "by accident". They are all done intentionally, perhaps under poor judgement, but intentionally, nonetheless. It's not like it was questionable whether or not they should be doing these things. it's a pretty well known fact that taking someone's life is illegal.

most of these high profile people get out of their troubles by throwing around their millions of undeserved dollars at the best lawyers they can find.

I'll reserve my judgement on whether or not they should be given a second chance. It's not my place to make said decision.

Eric

2003 CBR600RR
2009 Zuma 125
2005 VW Golf TDI
1994 Honda Civic Turbo

My Fuelly

Flickr

posterous

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach
The art of reading is lost on all....
post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:39 PM
there is no spoon

Sportbike: Not yet.
How you found us: audiofyl

He served his time and is paying his debt to society. People have done far worse and let back in the NFL.

He would have been better off if he killed humans instead of animals they way people are still vilifying him.

I'm glad he gets a second chance, the American public loves a comeback, look at "I tried to get pregnant Manny."
post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Captain Dryspell

Sportbike: 2K4 Busa / 2K9 R1
Years Riding: About that long
How you found us: What

He should be put into a cage with 10 man-eating blood thirsty pissed off pit bulls. If he survives........Then say.....I'm kidding, you still can't play

<<< Keith

NESBA #127
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:52 PM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozluv View Post
He served his time and is paying his debt to society. People have done far worse and let back in the NFL.

He would have been better off if he killed humans instead of animals they way people are still vilifying him.
I would argue there isn't much worse. Methodically killing innocent animals or humans is wrong... (especially for purely entertainment purposes) Some on here have compared it to what others have done... Getting drunk and having an accident is still "an accident". What Vic setup, funded, and participated in wasn't an accident... Anymore than Hitler accidentally killed a few jews... There is a difference in some people dying or some animals dying accidentally or in a war... and systematically torturing and murdering animals (especially dogs... which many put on par with humans.. like it or not... ) for your own sick entertainment.. or to show off "how bad ass thug" you are...

People who do that are a waste of skin... I stand by my neutered statement.. Someone should cut his pair off before he goes Holyfield and spits out a dozen kids by a dozen mamas... Waste of flesh.
If I saw him dying I wouldn't do a thing about it.. Let him die.. Let him rot.
or... even worse for him.. Let him fade away.. Last thing he will ever be famous for... Maybe someday we will see him living under a bridge as an old homeless man... That would be justice.

Last edited by iamnotgreg; 07-27-2009 at 11:04 PM.
post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Clever Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozluv View Post

I'm glad he gets a second chance, the American public loves a comeback, look at "I tried to get pregnant Manny."
If he killed equal amounts of humans, I'm pretty sure he'd be in jail for the rest of his life, or at least I would hope so.

And judging by people's responses to this, if he was involved with the brutal murder of hundreds of people, people would still say he paid his debt to society and be should allowed back in the NFL.

Quote:
post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 11:27 AM

So let's talk about Pete Rose.
post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 11:33 AM
2%

Sportbike: nothing for now...
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: JFGI

Send a message via AIM to milkman
Quote:
His sentence was a joke for the crime and I wish he was banned from the NFL for life.
get out of here with that garbage.

PM for cheap computer work
post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Time to break the Ron Mexico jersey back out!!

Chris
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Clever Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
get out of here with that garbage.
You get out, I was here first.

Quote:
post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm a non-achiever.

LOL. Man I was fiesty in my drunkenness last night...But I still do stand by my statement. You have to draw a line, and not let ANY criminals back or let ALL. I don't agree with what Vick did, but how long do we hold him accountable for those actions? And to what extent? Tough questions for sure.

post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Clever Girl

Quote:
LOL. Man I was fiesty in my drunkenness last night...But I still do stand by my statement. You have to draw a line, and not let ANY criminals back or let ALL. I don't agree with what Vick did, but how long do we hold him accountable for those actions? And to what extent? Tough questions for sure.
I wish they would draw the line at felony convictions. You get charged with a felony, you're out of the league.

I don't buy all the BS about how he learned his lesson, he feels bad for what he did, he did his time, etc. It's all a bullshit publicity stunt. Had he got caught at 1 dog fight, maybe, but directly involved with and in charge of the brutal torture and murder of more than 100 dogs and even confessed to (after failing a lie detector test) that he himself killed at least 7 dogs by drowning or hanging them.

He's a sickfuck and deserves a lot worse than the punishment he received. It just goes to show how messed up our legal system is with celebrity bullshit.

Quote:
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
that makes no sense?
treat all "criminals" the same
so.. the guy who has a few parking tickets.. or a DUI... is the same as the guy who kills 5 people in a gangbanger shootout.. is the same as the guy who gambles on a game .. is the same as the guy who diddles kids?

Obviously severity of crime should be a factor
post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 12:00 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotgreg View Post
I would argue there isn't much worse. Methodically killing innocent animals or humans is wrong... (especially for purely entertainment purposes)
I guess we should jail everyone that hunts for a sport

Quote:
You should know better. Would military take you back? I don't think so.
post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 12:01 PM
teets

Sportbike: teets
Years Riding: teets
How you found us: teets

Send a message via AIM to Flounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by norton View Post
He did his time for the crime. He should be reinstated with NO conditions, granted a team picks him up..
+1, he paid his debt to society, let the man play football.

teets
post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm a non-achiever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotgreg View Post
that makes no sense?
treat all "criminals" the same
so.. the guy who has a few parking tickets.. or a DUI... is the same as the guy who kills 5 people in a gangbanger shootout.. is the same as the guy who gambles on a game .. is the same as the guy who diddles kids?

Obviously severity of crime should be a factor
Really? I mean really?

The parking tickets is a stupid example to prove your point. All the rest HAVE happened, and there are players playing professional sports who have done it. Murder, rape, abuse, you name it, and they are playing. Why treat Vick any different?

post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Really? I mean really?

The parking tickets is a stupid example to prove your point. All the rest HAVE happened, and there are players playing professional sports who have done it. Murder, rape, abuse, you name it, and they are playing. Why treat Vick any different?
the parking tickets kind of was a joke.. although that said.. perhaps they will be a felony soon.. at the rate da mayor is going...

the rest? for real?
i mean.. i dont follow lcd sports... and i know a lot of these people are extremely functional morons.. but.. i didnt know there were convicted child molestors and gangland murders... maybe there are.. i didnt know.
they shouldn't play anymore.. they should go to jail.

and they should unban pete rose.. he did his time.
and his crime at least in my eyes... wasn't 1 billionth as bad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode