I've decided on my next gun. - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
I miss mopar
 
Drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Posts: 8,248
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: I can't count that high.
How you found us: i don't remember.
           
Send a message via AIM to Drama Send a message via Skype™ to Drama
I've decided on my next gun.

Time to add a .45 and a 1911 to the collection. Now I just have to wait for my store to get one in stock...probably 3-4 weeks..."but I"m mad now!"

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=27



Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
Dirt: TBD
I love bike shopping.
Drama is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
1911s Rule.

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Hot-Wire Her With A Pin
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: County Hell
Posts: 8,791
Location: County Hell
Sportbike: Blue Mini Cooper
Years Riding: Done for now
How you found us: Bad weather bikers
           
Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin
Re: I've decided on my next gun.

Good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I will sock ya square in your snot locker if you EVER use the term "Bron Bron" in my presence - BAHLEEDAT
Paladin is offline  
post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
 
SmartDrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 11,409
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson
           
SmartDrug Approves of this post.

Are you going with a TRP, or something a little less expensive?

You can buy a Loaded for over $1k less than a TRP and for someone new to shooting who doesn't use it for tactical reasons, you might be better off going that route. I had a Loaded a while back, I miss it, great pieces.



http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=3

You can get them on the reg for $650-700 used, $800 new

Given the fact that they all use Imbel frames and even the TRP has MIM parts, If you're going to modify anything on the Loaded, you can get it to a level of performance matching a TRP for less than the difference in cost between the two. If you don't think you're going to modify a 1911, you're sadly mistaken, it's like a stock Harley, sure they might work fine, but it's the customization that makes it yours.

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!

Last edited by SmartDrug; 02-21-2010 at 06:09 PM.
SmartDrug is offline  
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
3-4 weeks sounds like a long time to wait. Must be waiting for the frame to come in from Brazil via sailboat

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #6 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
I miss mopar
 
Drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Posts: 8,248
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: I can't count that high.
How you found us: i don't remember.
           
Send a message via AIM to Drama Send a message via Skype™ to Drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartDrug View Post
SmartDrug Approves of this post.

Are you going with a TRP, or something a little less expensive?

You can buy a Loaded for over $1k less than a TRP and for someone new to shooting who doesn't use it for tactical reasons, you might be better off going that route. I had a Loaded a while back, I miss it, great pieces.



http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=3

You can get them on the reg for $650-700 used, $800 new

Given the fact that they all use Imbel frames and even the TRP has MIM parts, If you're going to modify anything on the Loaded, you can get it to a level of performance matching a TRP for less than the difference in cost between the two. If you don't think you're going to modify a 1911, you're sadly mistaken, it's like a stock Harley, sure they might work fine, but it's the customization that makes it yours.

I'm going TRP...$1199.

Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
Dirt: TBD
I love bike shopping.
Drama is offline  
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
I miss mopar
 
Drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Posts: 8,248
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: I can't count that high.
How you found us: i don't remember.
           
Send a message via AIM to Drama Send a message via Skype™ to Drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S Preston, Esq. View Post
3-4 weeks sounds like a long time to wait. Must be waiting for the frame to come in from Brazil via sailboat
There isn't a lot of stock out there...the places that have them in stock want $1450 + tax. CDNN will get it in and sell it for $1199.

Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
Dirt: TBD
I love bike shopping.
Drama is offline  
post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
 
SmartDrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 11,409
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson
           
That's a great price for a new TRP, that's about the going rate for a 5k+ round count used one.

What's next, your first rifle? An M82?

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
SmartDrug is offline  
post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
I miss mopar
 
Drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Posts: 8,248
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: I can't count that high.
How you found us: i don't remember.
           
Send a message via AIM to Drama Send a message via Skype™ to Drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartDrug View Post
That's a great price for a new TRP, that's about the going rate for a 5k+ round count used one.

What's next, your first rifle? An M82?
I have 2 rifles right now. The .303 ross riffle and the browning bar 30-06.

Next will depend on where I move to this summer, but the next gun will either be a conceal carry piece or a shotgun for skeet. I tried the M82 and its not baller enough for me

Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
Dirt: TBD
I love bike shopping.
Drama is offline  
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Administrator
 
HDTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 45,956
Location: Plainfield IL
Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
           
Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Kruz has been waiting for his since June, good job sourcing one




HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline  
post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:20 PM
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
Nice piece your gonna like it. Btw John got a TRP operator the full lenth dust cover. Just sucks he had to wait a longggg time to get it. But since I haven't heard from him since he picked it up no doubt he is still rolling around the bed with it. Lol



Odysseys is offline  
post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Weapons Tech Guru
 
Ofc. Ponch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MUNSTER, IN.
Posts: 5,153
Location: MUNSTER, IN.
Sportbike: Borrowed Ones
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: through SBN
           
Send a message via Yahoo to Ofc. Ponch
is it confirmed he did pick it up? or are we assuming, cause I talked to him on Friday.

Arrogance has to be earned.
Serve, Protect and Break a ......
Ofc. Ponch is offline  
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:42 PM
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
He has it.



Odysseys is offline  
post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Weapons Tech Guru
 
Ofc. Ponch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MUNSTER, IN.
Posts: 5,153
Location: MUNSTER, IN.
Sportbike: Borrowed Ones
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: through SBN
           
Send a message via Yahoo to Ofc. Ponch
10-4

Arrogance has to be earned.
Serve, Protect and Break a ......
Ofc. Ponch is offline  
post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
I miss mopar
 
Drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Posts: 8,248
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: I can't count that high.
How you found us: i don't remember.
           
Send a message via AIM to Drama Send a message via Skype™ to Drama
yeah he told me he got it.

Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
Dirt: TBD
I love bike shopping.
Drama is offline  
post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
 
SmartDrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 11,409
Location: Bartlett
Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
I have 2 rifles right now. The .303 ross riffle and the browning bar 30-06.

Next will depend on where I move to this summer, but the next gun will either be a conceal carry piece or a shotgun for skeet. I tried the M82 and its not baller enough for me
I meant a real rifle: FAL/AR/AK/etc. Not some rusted POS your grandpa used to put down dairy cows who got sick.

I still have that beautiful Weatherby O/U I'm looking to sell...

Here's a nice local piece that'll save you some coinage:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=748606

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!

Last edited by SmartDrug; 02-21-2010 at 10:36 PM.
SmartDrug is offline  
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:47 PM
PIKUACH NEFESH
 
STANIMAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: G-VIEW
Posts: 6,900
Location: G-VIEW
Sportbike: Italian,British,Japanese,Czech
Years Riding: LONG TIME
How you found us: CRR
           
FYI , I saw a Kimber in a .45 at Maxons on thursday . They just got it in and were asking $575.00 , not my thing , but looked nice in stainless.

MOTO AND MOTOR
1906 TECHNY RD.
NORTHBROOK IL 60062

SALES*SERVICE*PARTS
847-790-4848
STANIMAL is offline  
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 07:51 AM
Registered User
 
kblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 1,647
Location: Naperville, IL
Sportbike: my husband's
Years Riding: my husband or the bike?
How you found us: Yahoo
           
Send a message via AIM to kblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
FYI , I saw a Kimber in a .45 at Maxons on thursday . They just got it in and were asking $575.00 , not my thing , but looked nice in stainless.

Really? That's an unusually low price, isn't it? I think we were just looking at the camo kimber .45 (i don't know which model, and i can't search it at work) for like 1300 otd.

Looking for a wedding gift...
kblack is offline  
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 07:59 AM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblack View Post
Really? That's an unusually low price, isn't it? I think we were just looking at the camo kimber .45 (i don't know which model, and i can't search it at work) for like 1300 otd.

Looking for a wedding gift...
Depending on the model and condition, that's a very good price. Especially at a dealer. There's probably something wrong with it .
I bet it has a HUGE idiot mark.

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Registered User
 
kblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 1,647
Location: Naperville, IL
Sportbike: my husband's
Years Riding: my husband or the bike?
How you found us: Yahoo
           
Send a message via AIM to kblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S Preston, Esq. View Post
Depending on the model and condition, that's a very good price. Especially at a dealer. There's probably something wrong with it .
I bet it has a HUGE idiot mark.
That's what I was thinking... and I don't know enough to shop used by myself.

But... what's an idiot mark?

Oh, and Marcus just corrected me. The one we were looking at was 1500.

Last edited by kblack; 02-22-2010 at 08:06 AM.
kblack is offline  
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
I miss mopar
 
Drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Posts: 8,248
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: I can't count that high.
How you found us: i don't remember.
           
Send a message via AIM to Drama Send a message via Skype™ to Drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartDrug View Post
I meant a real rifle: FAL/AR/AK/etc. Not some rusted POS your grandpa used to put down dairy cows who got sick.

I still have that beautiful Weatherby O/U I'm looking to sell...

Here's a nice local piece that'll save you some coinage:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=748606
After shooting Mopar's AR I would really like one for the range, but l may take a job in cali (final interview today) and I'm pretty sure i can't have one there.

Let me know when you decide to sell the O/U. Who knows, I may be interested.

Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
Dirt: TBD
I love bike shopping.
Drama is offline  
post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
After shooting Mopar's AR I would really like one for the range, but l may take a job in cali (final interview today) and I'm pretty sure i can't have one there.

Let me know when you decide to sell the O/U. Who knows, I may be interested.
I've got a AR w/ 9mm upper coming today. Came from California. Not sure on the specifics, but there might be a way to own something out there. Apparently the guy I traded with found a way.

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
I miss mopar
 
Drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Posts: 8,248
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: I can't count that high.
How you found us: i don't remember.
           
Send a message via AIM to Drama Send a message via Skype™ to Drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S Preston, Esq. View Post
I've got a AR w/ 9mm upper coming today. Came from California. Not sure on the specifics, but there might be a way to own something out there. Apparently the guy I traded with found a way.
Yeah, there could be...i dont' know the laws yet but I'm not going to make the purchase until i know exactly where i'm moving and whats allowed.

Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
Dirt: TBD
I love bike shopping.
Drama is offline  
post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblack View Post
That's what I was thinking... and I don't know enough to shop used by myself.

But... what's an idiot mark?

Oh, and Marcus just corrected me. The one we were looking at was 1500.
idiot mark / idiot scratch



It's the big semi-circle scratch on the frame from improperly dis/ass-ing the slide stop/barrel link pin.

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:17 AM
Failed rehab
 
Rob, Esq.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 14,908
Location: Indy
Sportbike: Striple
Years Riding: Dunno, awhile?
How you found us: DML
           
Send a message via AIM to Rob, Esq. Send a message via MSN to Rob, Esq.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
Yeah, there could be...i dont' know the laws yet but I'm not going to make the purchase until i know exactly where i'm moving and whats allowed.
just looked it up, you're screwed as a gun owner if you go to Commiefornia

ANY AR or AR variant had to be registered with CA prior to 2001.


That state is so fucking retarded, it's unbelievable!

Attorney-at-Law: Doing my part to contribute to the downfall of western society.
Rob, Esq. is offline  
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:17 AM
Registered User
 
kblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 1,647
Location: Naperville, IL
Sportbike: my husband's
Years Riding: my husband or the bike?
How you found us: Yahoo
           
Send a message via AIM to kblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S Preston, Esq. View Post
idiot mark / idiot scratch



It's the big semi-circle scratch on the frame from improperly dis/ass-ing the slide stop/barrel link pin.

good to know. thanks!
kblack is offline  
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
I miss mopar
 
Drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Posts: 8,248
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: I can't count that high.
How you found us: i don't remember.
           
Send a message via AIM to Drama Send a message via Skype™ to Drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S Preston, Esq. View Post
just looked it up, you're screwed as a gun owner if you go to Commiefornia

ANY AR or AR variant had to be registered with CA prior to 2001.


That state is so fucking retarded, it's unbelievable!
Yeah it's stupid...at least they are able to own handguns though...unlike chicago

Its not for sure i'm moving there yet.

Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
Dirt: TBD
I love bike shopping.
Drama is offline  
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Weapons Tech Guru
 
Ofc. Ponch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: MUNSTER, IN.
Posts: 5,153
Location: MUNSTER, IN.
Sportbike: Borrowed Ones
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: through SBN
           
Send a message via Yahoo to Ofc. Ponch
When are we building AR's?

Arrogance has to be earned.
Serve, Protect and Break a ......
Ofc. Ponch is offline  
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
I miss mopar
 
Drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Posts: 8,248
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha Zuma
Years Riding: I can't count that high.
How you found us: i don't remember.
           
Send a message via AIM to Drama Send a message via Skype™ to Drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofc. Ponch View Post
When are we building AR's?
you can't even take apart a simple rifle. No way you can build an AR

Steve
08 yamaha Zuma 49cc
Dirt: TBD
I love bike shopping.
Drama is offline  
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Only TWO cams now...
 
4Cammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Aurora, Il
Posts: 2,079
Location: Aurora, Il
Sportbike: 1978 Suzuki GS750C
Years Riding: Long time
How you found us: Google.com
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S Preston, Esq. View Post
idiot mark / idiot scratch



It's the big semi-circle scratch on the frame from improperly dis/ass-ing the slide stop/barrel link pin.


That just hurts to look at.

*
*
*
*

"Fear only two: G-d, and him who fears not G-d."
-Judah Leib Lazerov

"Tov lamut be'ad artzaynu." (It is good to die for our country)
-Joseph Trumpeldor
4Cammer is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome