Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Firearm Ranges

497 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SmartDrug 
#1 ·
Anyone ever been to The Site Firearms Training Center? Thinking about either going here or to the Southwest Range and Training Facility on Friday after I get out of classes. Here is the info on the two ranges...

The Site Firearms Training Center 11311 Skunk Hollow Road 815-244-2815
Mount Carroll, IL
Outdoor Pistol (up to 100 yds), Outdoor Rifle (up to 600 yd), Range Access: Public

Southwest Range and Training Facility 10349 Southwest Hwy 708-636-5144
Chicago Ridge, IL
Indoor Pistol (75 ft), Indoor Rifle (75 ft), Rifle Silhouette, Pistol Silhouette, Hours: Mon-Sun 10am-8pm , Range Access: Public

#3 ·
Not 100% sure they still are. I got the info from a buddy of mine that wants to go. We're getting tired of Maxons, and Ottawa is closed till Apr 2 so these were the other two big ranges he was interested in.
I went on line to look them up and couldn't find anything about either one which is why I asked here.

#4 ·
I thought The Site was shut down. But then, I've never heard about the Chicago Ridge one. So maybe they are reopening under new management.

If you go to the Chicago Ridge one, please, post up how it looks. Also, see if they still teach tactical classes. If I do get my instructors certificate, The Site is hands down the place I want it from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.