Devil Dog... For you - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Weapons Tech Guru

Sportbike: Borrowed Ones
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: through SBN

Send a message via Yahoo to Ofc. Ponch
Devil Dog... For you

Asking $1300 shipped to your FFL, or you if you live in FL. The stock pistols sell for $8-900 when in stock. This one, with well over $2000 worth of parts, mags, labor and Melonite finish, and top end holster.

This is a total conversion of a Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded model. Specs are as follows:
- NM Serial #, which means US made frame & slide, not Brazilian. Frame and slide are forged steel, rails fit together and polished by experienced gunsmith. The Springfield Loaded models have forward cocking serrations, Novak sight cuts, etc, before the added upgrades:
- Cylinder & Slide Tactical II Lockwork, EDM Wire Cut, Rockwell hardness tested tool steel, for a perfect 4# trigger pull, and no worry of breakage or wear as with the factory cast parts. The trigger pull is crisp, clean, no takeup or overtravel, and edge hardness is unmatched. Hammer, disconnector, sear spring & hammer spring.
- Melonite (Tennifer) finish on all steel parts, If you’re not familiar with the Melonite treatment, it hardens(58-68 Rockwell surface hardness), slicks and rustproofs steel, Glocks, SIGs and Springfield Armory XD pistols all use it. You cannot rust a Melonite part, making it ideal for carry.
- 10-8 Performance Hilton Yam Signature G-10 Grips – tougher than steel, light, and a very grippy but not uncomfortable aggressive checkering. Set up for Ambi safeties, if that’s your speed.
10-8 Performance Flat trigger – standard length of pull, but with no curve in the trigger face to “roll” the tip of the finger high or low. Pull is straight-back, no matter where you put your finger on the trigger. The best feel available in a 1911 trigger. The trigger was IONBond Diamond Black finished, a tungsten Diamond-Like Coating that prevents scratching, and keeps the trigger matte black after hundreds and hundreds of rounds.
- Wilson Combat Tactical magazine release – not huge and oversize, just long enough to hit with ease, serrated face.
- Wilson Combat Bullet Proof Slide Stop – Machined from bar stock, with horizontal shelf for ease of release without making the slide stop stupidly oversize.
- Wilson Combat pin set – replaces all pins in the pistol with heat-treated steel.
- XS Sight Systems 24/7 Big Dot Tritium sights. Very fast, visible shallow-v sighting system. Still lets you ding a 6” circle at 25 yards, no problem. 2007 manufacture, still very bright Trijicon tubes, fits in the Novak cuts.
- ISMI standard weight (16#) recoil spring.
- Ed Brown barstock plunger tube.
- Ed Brown G.I. style guide rod & cap -easier takedown, more reliable operation, and lighter.
- Ed Brown Tactical safety, single side.
- Ed Brown Flat blank Mainspring housing- kept smooth with moly finish to prevent wear on concealment garment.
- Ed Brown Solid barrel bushing – installed so that it could be removed without a bushing wrench.
- Ed Brown Hardcore firing pin & firing pin stop.
- Smith & Alexander fitted grip safety – blends perfectly into the slide, no edges to catch or dig in.
- Ed Brown Hardcore Extractor, 4340 Tool steel, like all the Ed Brown Hardcore parts, it’s got a lifetime guarantee.

Every part in this pistol was assembled, double checked and tested. Built by gunsmith, Shannon Jennings, has 22 years of building 1911 pistols for Master-class IPSC shooters and carry work alike. Everything works, slide to frame fit is slick, with full contact, trigger pull is better than any stock gun, and many custom ones. Pistol was carried for several months, and it shows some minor carry wear, but of course no rust, and no damage, just lighter marks in the Black Oxide from wear against holster. These marks in no way affect the function of the gun, nor is it beat up, just gently used. The pictures in the ad show everything. This custom 1911 also comes with:
- 2 Chip McCormick Power Magazines, with Tripp Research Super 7 spring & follower upgrade kits. These are the best and most reliable combination of mag body and internals available, treated with the Same IONBond Tungsten DLC, making the mags black, supremely slick, rustproof and scratchproof.
- Eagle Industries Pistol Pouch, holds pistol, 5 mags, and keeps it safe from dents and dings.
- Brommeland Max-Con V holster, in excellent shape for IWB carry – these holsters go for $169 separately, slim, comfortable and very concealable.

Arrogance has to be earned.
Serve, Protect and Break a ......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Weapons Tech Guru

Or go $300 more and go the route you discussed with me.

It's all up to you capt., you steer the ship!

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 08:38 PM
VTwin FTW!

Sportbike: 2013 Ducati Diavel Cromo
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Friend

Very nice and a good price. Too bad I just bought a couple of DW 1911 45's.

Mike

"Life is all about ass ... either you are covering it, kicking it, kissing it, sitting on it or trying to get it."
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Semper Fidellis

Sportbike: NADA
Years Riding: Since 1984
How you found us: Google

Send a message via Yahoo to Devil Dog
Thanks Ponch, but that Ed Brown is calling my name!

Craig

My VB Garage

"God loves Marines, because we kill everything we see." - R. Lee Ermey, Full Metal Jacket
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Weapons Tech Guru

Then do it!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Inu
Computer Junkie

Sportbike: 02 Katana 600
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: http://www.katanaplanet.com

Send a message via AIM to Inu Send a message via Yahoo to Inu
*drool* I want. Please dont let me buy this I'll cry all the way to the bank.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Semper Fidellis

Sportbike: NADA
Years Riding: Since 1984
How you found us: Google

Send a message via Yahoo to Devil Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofc. Ponch View Post
Then do it!
Yes Sir! Picking it up on Sunday. I will post pics when I do!

Craig

My VB Garage

"God loves Marines, because we kill everything we see." - R. Lee Ermey, Full Metal Jacket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode