Only TWO cams now...
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Aurora, Il
Location: Aurora, Il
Sportbike: 1978 Suzuki GS750C
Years Riding: Long time
How you found us: Google.com
Proposed firearm deer seasons/Will County Forest Preserve Property
From the ISRA...
A committee of the Will County Board of Commissioners recently voted to establish two firearm deer seasons on Will County Forest Preserve District Property. This proposal will go before the full County Board on June 10th.
If passed, this extremely important piece of wildlife management legislation would open up tremendous hunting opportunities for families living in Chicago’s south and southwest suburbs. Additionally, allowing firearm seasons on the forest district land would reduce the huge excess population of deer in the area. As a result, our hunting traditions and the quality of the herd would both be greatly enhanced.
Of course, passage of this proposal by the full board is not a done deal. Strong opposition as been expressed by anti-hunting and animal rights activists. We can expect this opposition to grow as the vote of the full board draws near.
If you would like to see an expansion of hunting opportunities on Will County Forest Preserve District land, here is what you must do:
1. Call the Will County Board at (815) 740-4602 and politely tell the person who answers the phone that you are a law abiding sportsman and that you would like to ask the full board to support the proposal to establish 2 firearm deer hunting seasons on Will County Forest Preserve District lands.
2. E-mail the county board at: [email protected] and tell the board that you are a law abiding sportsman and that you would like to ask the full board to support the proposal to establish 2 firearm deer hunting seasons on Will County Forest Preserve District lands.
3. If you can attend the full board meeting on June 10th at 9:30 AM, 2nd Floor, Will County Building, 302 N. Chicago, Joliet, IL, then please do so. Remember to politely express your support for the proposal to establish 2 firearm deer hunting seasons on Will County Forest Preserve District lands.
4. Tell all your hunting buddies to follow steps 1-3 above.
5. Post this information to any and all internet blogs or bulletin boards to which you belong.
6. If you are not a member of the Illinois State Rifle Association, go to isra.org/join and join today so that we may continue to work on your behalf to preserve and protect your hunting heritage! You can also join over the phone at 815-635-3198.
"Fear only two: G-d, and him who fears not G-d."
-Judah Leib Lazerov
"Tov lamut be'ad artzaynu." (It is good to die for our country)