Welcome “300 Shooters”!
Thank you for pre-registering for this historic event on September 11-12. My name is Bill Essling (EEL on the RWVA forum) and I am the coordinator of this event. I am a Senior Instructor for the Appleseed Project and will be your liaison for this shoot. “Guy” will be your Shoot Boss.
We will open registration at 7:45 on Saturday. We have 300 shooters to process through so please come early. Our goal is to have the mandatory safety briefing at 9:00 and be shooting shortly after that. We will probably go until 5:00 P.M.. Sunday times are the same.
Weather permitting, parking will be on the range. You are to proceed along the north berm and follow the instructions of our volunteers. Simply nose into the berm as directed and proceed to the registration tables. Leave your rifles in the car. If you want to take all your other gear with as you register, that would be fine. Make sure you have a stapler and staples in your gear bag.
Throughout the weekend, there will be an enormous amount of information thrown at you. Instruction will continue during lunch. Don’t worry, it will all come together with the help of our 40 + instructors on hand.
Aurora Sportsmen’s Club is a private club, but is accepting members. Membership information will be available. They run a “cold range”. That is to say, no rifles will be loaded unless on the firing line and the “LOAD” command has been given. No pistols will be needed or allowed at this event.
Some logistical information for you before the shoot:
1. There is a $10 per person range fee for the weekend.
2. Lunch will be available from a local restaurant. $7 for a sandwich, chips and a drink.
3. Water and pop will also be available at a reasonable cost throughout the shoot.
4. We will raffle off a Marlin 795 rifle set up as a “Liberty Training Rifle” on Saturday.
The LTR will have Tech sights and a military web sling so it’s “good to go”!
Tickets are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00 This set up retails for $220.00
5. Many door prizes will be given away during the shoot.
6. Bring “Easy-Ups” for shade if you have them, folding tables for your gear, and chairs.
7. There will be a repair tent if you need minor repairs done on site.
8. Tech sights will also be available if you need to upgrade your rifle.
9. You may also want to visit our home page for additional information:
10. The Appleseed Store will also be on site if you want to purchase slings, stickers,
shirts, hats, etc. You can search this via our home page under “RWVA Links”.
11. If you need lodging, there are several hotels within easy driving distance.
See here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16334.0
12. To assist you in preparing for this event, see here:
The weather forecast is calling for “scattered storms” on Saturday and a sunny Sunday so bring your rain gear as well. There is no rain date. We shoot rain or shine.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me. Looking forward to a fantastic weekend with a group of great Americans!!