Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

scratched the itch

2K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  samal 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been window shopping for something new for some time now (as could be seen from my posts in this forum :))
I came to the conclusion that I did not need to upgrade or replace my handguns as nothing in my budget was performing better than what I already had, but my itch remained, so I got me this:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/37_336/products_id/39622

cant wait to go to Cabelas to pick it up!

I will probably tacti-cool it just for no reason :) I already have a 28 barrel old shotdun for trap shooting, this one is going to be home defense (useless toy) weapon :)

#3 ·
Thanks

I was mulling over your nova, but looked up prices for benelli 18 inch barrels and had to back out before contacting you :) I can put rails, light, laser and get a multipurpose barrel for mossi for the cost of cheapest benelli barrel, even though your shotty is infinitely sexier!

#21 ·
added all my cheap bolt-ons on a real boomstick :)

I know that this red dot will fall appart after 5 or so buckshot shells, so need to figure ghost ring sights - thinking of LPA BAR11W and corresponding front sight ramp:
http://www.lpasights.com/catalog-shotgun.html
Saweeet!

Fuck the sights, bead on the front is close enough, it's not like the 18.5-20" barrel will be rocking small groups of buck.

#31 ·
Good posts, I like hickok's stuff, wish I had a back yard like his.

I wasn't suggesting shooting from the hip or anything, but a good cheek weld will have 80%+ of that shot going where it's expected with just the bead. All I'm suggesting is trying the bead before you drop money on what may be unnecessary.

#33 ·
Don't ask how we even got on this subject but my wife and I started talking about going to the range to shoot. For some reason she is pretty excited about the prospect of spending 'quality' time at the range. Never knew she was interested. Anyway I remembered reading this thread a couple of days ago and asked her if she wanted to buy a shotgun for home defense and she was like sure why not. So my question is, she weighs about a buck thirty. Could she handle the recoil? Does it depend on the loads? Shoulder stock or pistol grip? Also, any good ranges in the Western burbs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.