Back from hunting - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

Back from hunting

Well,

I had a good time even though I come home empty handed. We got in the woods around 6am. Right away there were deer moving all around us which means they are moving before it gets light and makes for bad hunting. At the crack of dawn I had an opportunity to take a 6 point buck. He was literally about 15 yards from me. I raised my gun lined up the little red dot and pow. He jumped straight up in the air and then ran off into the woods. I was expecting him to be just past the tree line laid up. I waited about another hour till it got light enough to where I could follow a blood trail and maybe get another deer. I went over to the spot where I hit him and found a little blood and a clump of white hair. I followed the trail of blood for about 75yards and it seemed to stop. I was like WTF. My grandpa was making fun of me for missing at such close range. I was wondering wtf happend myself. He convinced me to use his rifle which turned out to be a mistake. He felt pretty bad after I set up a target on a tree and showed him it was shooting low. It was a miracle I hit the deer at all. Anyway, he felt pretty bad about that and making fun of me. We stuck around the rest of the day and didn't see a thing. After dark we went to a hunters dinner. It seemed to be the same theme. Nobody was seeing anything, the deer just weren't moving in the daylight.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 02:35 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

Glad you still had a good time Brian. Sucks about the gun not being sighted in properly. Are you done now or are you going back this weekend?

Im heading up to Northern WI this Friday and Ill be up there for 9 days. Heres hoping that I get as lucky hunting as I do finding road kill !

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 03:16 PM

My dad shot an 8 point on opening morning up there. We hunt on our land south of Cadillac near Tustin. He got another 8 point a week ago with the bow and my uncle got a 7 point with the bow too. They've seen a couple of others around there. I might go out while I'm up there for Thanksgiving.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

Mike,

I'm done now. I gotta worry about my last few classes. If I go again it will be bow season in December. Sad thing is...Grandpa says this is his last year which means this may be mine to. If he's not going I've lost my place to hunt.

Jota,

At least we know where all the deer are going to.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode