quinns really pushing semiAuto Ban - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D

Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins

Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
quinns really pushing semiAuto Ban

Quote:
Illinois: Governor Abuses Amendatory Veto Powers to Propose Semi-Auto Ban
Gov. Quinn uses a previously NRA-Backed Ammunition Purchase Reform Bill as Vehicle for Gun Ban
Yesterday, Illinois Governor Pat Quinn (D) vetoed the NRA-backed ammunition purchase reform bill, Senate Bill 681, after this common sense legislation had passed with overwhelming bipartisan support in the Illinois legislature (previously reported on here). In a crass attempt to exploit the recent tragedy in Colorado and seek media attention, Quinn used his Amendatory Veto powers in an attempt to impose more draconian gun control in Illinois. Quinn rewrote the entire bill as an amendment to the Illinois Criminal Code that includes an onerous ban on the manufacture, possession, delivery or sale of commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms (inaccurately referred to as “assault weapons”), .50 caliber rifles and cartridges and “high capacity” magazines in Illinois. Quinn’s amendment additionally tramples on the rights of Illinois citizens by creating a de facto statewide registration scheme for currently-owned firearms and magazines.
If this amendment is accepted by the Illinois General Assembly, law-abiding citizens in Illinois will be subjected to restrictions far beyond the scope of even the misguided Clinton Federal “Assault Weapons“ Ban that expired in 2004 and any other in existence in the country today. The repercussions of such a gun ban would be disastrous. As demonstrated by the failure of the assault weapon ban of 1994-2004 to produce the crime-reducing results proponents claimed it would, Quinn’s ban would do nothing to increase safety in Illinois and would only further restrict the rights of already law-abiding citizens throughout the state.
Using the well-worn anti-gun tactic of confusion, by conflating certain popular semi-automatic firearms with machine guns by using the term “assault weapon,” this legislation targets many of the most popular guns used for hunting and competition, as well as many models and magazines (those that hold more than ten rounds) used for self-defense. Banned items would include many familiar and popular firearms, such as:
Turkey hunting shotguns with pistol grips, like the Benelli Super Black Eagle II;
Plinking and target rifles with thumbhole stocks, as often seen on customized Ruger 10/22s;

High-power target rifles -- even including the 1994-2004 versions of rifles like the M1A and AR-15 that were made to comply with the now-expired federal ban -- because all of those rifles had handguards that “encircle” the barrel;

Any detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifle with even a partial handguard, potentially including common hunting rifles like the popular Remington 740/7400 series, Browning BAR, and many more like them.

This gun ban would even apply to the individual parts themselves (stocks, pistol grips, handguards, folding or telescoping stocks, etc). Possession, manufacture, delivery or sale of any of these items would be a felony.
Worse yet, this amended bill would impose a massive statewide gun registration scheme. Anyone who already possesses one of the banned guns or parts would have to provide proof of ownership and register each one with the State Police within ninety days of the effective date. This registration requirement spans from the firearm itself to individual parts and magazines that fall under the ban.
Governor Quinn and his band of anti-gun Chicago politicians would like to see their vicious attack on the Second Amendment play out across Illinois, even as Chicago—with the state’s most restrictive gun laws—is on track to tally more than 500 murders this year.
The repercussions of such a gun ban would actually be just the opposite and the results would be disastrous. Firearms manufacturing is estimated to be a $250 million dollar industry in Illinois. Not only would this gun ban be devastating to law-abiding citizens in Illinois, it also would wreak havoc on an entire industry, killing jobs and driving a healthy contributor to the Illinois economy out of state. This legislation in no way promotes the safety or well-being of Illinois citizens, but is merely another attempt by gun-hating Chicago politicians to use misinformation to push draconian gun bans that will only affect gun owners, sportsmen and law-abiding citizens concerned about self-defense.
Your Action Is Needed! The Illinois General Assembly will reconvene on August 17th for their special session, and could vote on the Governor's amendment to Senate Bill 681. Contact your state legislators TODAY and demand they oppose the Governor’s gun ban!
Contact information for all state legislators can be found by clicking here.
http://www.capwiz.com/nra/state/main...ew=myofficials

Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated on this and other Second Amendment-related legislation in Illinois.
http://www.capwiz.com/nra/state/main...ew=myofficials

CHICAGO FOR THE 51st STATE!

This idiot wouldn't have gotten in if not for Crook.

www.firespeedtactical.com
Trial By Fire.
Like our page!
http://www.facebook.com/firespeedtactical

Quote:
"I'm spooning a barrett 50 cal. I could kill a building."
-Archer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 04:13 PM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Repost Jay is back!!!!

Missed ya buddy.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 04:41 PM
The Halo hides my Horns

Sportbike: SV650
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: Google

It's not a repost - it's additional information which could have been put in the other thread, or I suppose start a new thread.

Personally, I feel that only Police and Military should have guns.

aut cum scuto aut in scuto

http://www.firespeedtactical.com

My ZenFolio Gallery: www.LonelyRaven.ZenFolio.com
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

[email protected] Quinn! It is disgusting how the anti-gunners ran with glee to push their agenda after a nut used a "gun free" zone to murder innocent people. [email protected] them all. One trained CC holder would probably have stopped it before it turned into a massacre. Where were all the police then?

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974

Last edited by SloRoll; 08-01-2012 at 05:29 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 10:28 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills View Post
Repost Jay is back!!!!

Missed ya buddy.
I never left, whatcha talkin about?
Miss ya too though (no homo)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D

Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins

Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
It's not a repost - it's additional information which could have been put in the other thread, or I suppose start a new thread.

Exactly.

Other thread was whored out by a couple of jackasses talking about ladders and 9mm and who knows.

I just find it funny how IL is determined to throw out as much business as possible.

www.firespeedtactical.com
Trial By Fire.
Like our page!
http://www.facebook.com/firespeedtactical

Quote:
"I'm spooning a barrett 50 cal. I could kill a building."
-Archer
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 06:06 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRoll View Post
[email protected] Quinn! It is disgusting how the anti-gunners ran with glee to push their agenda after a nut used a "gun free" zone to murder innocent people. [email protected] them all. One trained CC holder would probably have stopped it before it turned into a massacre. Where were all the police then?
People will eventually learn the police don't protect them, they only show up after the crime has been commited, usually on average 6 minutes after the fact. They only "enforce" the law after it has been broken.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 11:53 PM

Sportbike: 04 Zuma, 06 Crf50
Years Riding: sho' nuff!
How you found us: Nesba

lmao, you forgot your glasses

Quote:
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

This kid killed 8 and wounded 5 with a knife. I guess the government will ban knives, their food will be cut up by the government, and they will use chopsticks to eat.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-02-06-05-46
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevisR6 View Post
GREAT movie.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 11:04 PM

Sportbike: R6
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: Sportbike Track Time

Quote:

So did Hitler

Nick Amelio
Northern Division Director and Gunshow provider
SPORTBIKETRACKTIME.COM

N[email protected]
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunshowNick View Post
So did Hitler
That was the point

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode