O'boy, i am in trouble with the wife. - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

O'boy, i am in trouble with the wife.

shes never been hunting, nor even watched an animal get hunted and killed.

well since i ordered the OLN channer, i think its great lots of hunting and shooting programs for me to watch, and well since yesterday i have hear nothing but bitching! she has seen 3 deer bow hunted, a 1000 pound bear ,long gun, and a today black bear.

and holy shit i am getting cused at, bitched, and all kinda shit!

i tried to explain to hear about the thrill of a hunt, and why you can harvest animals not to mention for there own good (the species) then i even got in slaughter houses (which i worked in 2 for 3 years when i was younger) and all that crap.

it doesnt matter now she is mad at me for seeing what actually goes on.

the only thing i do agree with her was watching this program where they had a clearing and some garbage drawing in the black bears...thats kinda crappy to me, but it works, ya just wont find me hunting like that.

well anyway, just thought i would post this for anyone else getting bitched at, or any advise i could help give to her?

maybe i should go myself and take her anyway, where they talk about why harvesting certain breeds and why it is good when it is done the correct way for the species etc...it would be nice to explain it correctly to her.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Problem is Ken, some people wont ever understand no matter how many times you try to explain it.

Maybe next deer season you can come along with us to Adams county.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

whats adams country?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Its the county we are going ot hunt at pretty much for now on. Its about 1.5 hrs north of me just past the Dells. We hunt along the WI river. Personally I'd rather go to Dodgeville. More open areas for large calibers.

Actually where we hunt is Columbia and Sauk counties. We used to hunt adams when I was little.D

Its called Pine Island.
http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/...pineisland.pdf

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Last edited by YZFRob; 01-04-2004 at 08:28 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 09:15 PM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Ken i have your answer for ya.

Just like my wife. All i did was tell her "Hey watcha bitchen about? I did'nt ask you to load the friggin rifle, kill bambi or even clean the friggin carcus but yuse has no problem wearin bugs bunny on your coat now do ya? HUH??" then tell her "Remember when i made those burgers and steaks on the grill for ya in the summer? Well it wasnt beef okay?"

Easy---1. She leaves ya alone and 2. she will do all the cookin from now on!

Although using this type of response could possibly be more hazardous to your health than actually hunting

My wife says "you have to fall asleep sometime" That usually puts me in check real quick

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
LOL, thats why I alwasy change the channel when the wifes around just before I see they are getting ready to take a shot.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

hahaha kelly, i do that already, infact i might be going to quebec (sp)? canada for some bear hunting here in febuary for 4 days.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 10:30 AM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

My wife has gotten so used to me wtaching that stuff it really doesnt bother her anymore except for the times when shes coming around the corner or just steps into the room and BAM ! ! Down goes the animal ! . Thats usually followed by - " I dont know how you can do that?"

The ones that really get her are when Im watching coyote hunting on videos or tv. She still associates coyotes with domesticated dogs I think

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 04:17 PM

Some people just don't want to see animals killed, myself included. Just like everything else if you don't like it, don't watch it. simple as that. Don't force her watch it and she shouldn't prevent you from watching it.

But you might want to find out why she really doesn't like hunting and maybe you can change her mind

My girlfriend use to make me keep the guns in the safe when she was home. now after taking her shooting (and she's almost a embarrassingly good shot) I dry fire at the TV while she watch's Friends

ccs #282
SM-USA #88
R6
Yz 426
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 05:09 PM
To Punish and Enslave

Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Doesn't Ted Nugent have a web site to show how hunting helps animals?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2004, 05:12 PM

Sportbike: 99 Honda CBR600F4
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: Honda Sportsbike Network

First off, let me be clear about the fact that I totally support responsable hunters, am a proud carnivore (rarely eating vegies, etc), and have no moral problems at all with killing animals for food.

Perhaps she's also upset because the shows themselves are VERY boring if you're not interested in hunting. I'm not a hunter, though I FULLY support responsable hunting, and I find hunting/fishing shows to be about as exciting as watching paint peel. The only excitement is to watch something getting shot, which is... you must admit... fairly morbid.

I've visited a slaughter house (couldn't eat meat for a week afterwards) and have helped my brother prep a deer carcass for the butcher, but I'd still go apeshit if I saw someone torturing an animal (and I'm sure most of you would as well). A lot of these shows, while they're showing responsable hunters, appear as if they're nothing more than bullys out getting their kicks by torturing animals.

My brother once explained to me why he loves hunting... "I get a chance to do what's right and natural. I might not make much money, but my family always has food on the table, a roof over their heads, clothes on their backs and lots of love. I hate killing, but at least when it's me that does it, the animal died for a good reason. Life is a circle with predators and prey, each doing what they're supposed to do. I'm a predator. The only thing I hate, is when I miss or fail to kill in one shot."

Most of the shows I've seen, the hunters are arrogant, disrespectful and treat the animals as nothing more than walking dinner. They fail to show the beauty of nature, or the animals they're after. Find a show that shows hunting as filling mans part in the circle of life, and I'd bet she'd be more receptive.

Oh, and the best way I've heard people describe the necessity of deer hunting is... "In the midwest, man has destroyed all of the natural predators. Predators eat the sick and diseased, and ultimately keep the animal population healthy. Since we've killed the natural predators, WE must become the predator, or else the entire ecosystem will slowly fall apart, and I for one can't stand the thought of watching hundreds of deer starving to death while the trees wither and birds fall from the sky because there are no berries left to eat." Even though the other half dozen arguments supporting deer hunting make more sense... this one is the one that gets the tree huggers to cave in most often.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode