Cook county CCW - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

Cook county CCW

Unreal 300 for a permit which I am willing to bet is a yearly fee knowing how Crook county works.

And it will be MAY ISSUE meaning no one in Chicago will be approved why cause Chicago is coming up with their own.

Here is what I am wondering about is how they can decide on who should be able to get one vs who shouldnt. I mean lets take two people of the same but who live in different parts one good, one bad and they approve the one who lives in the shit hole, but not the one who lives in the good area but the trick bag is the one in the shit hole cant afford the 300 dollar fee WTF. Wouldn't that be a infringement on the 2nd amendment for the one who lives in a good area?

May issue should even be allowed simply put if you pass what ever checks they are going to do then you should be approved not this BS with there has to be A good reason.

In short No one is going to be approved. 300 for the permit eliminates the poor getting it, he states business can hire armed security so they wont be getting it. But yet a old lady who's house was robbed while at church is a possibility since the police never responded UNFUCKING REAL

http://capitolfax.com/2013/05/06/she...rry-ordinance/

Quote:
Monday, May 6, 2013

* Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart will propose a local concealed carry ordinance in case the General Assembly doesn’t come to an agreement by the court-imposed June 9th deadline…

Dart’s ordinance would give him the power to approve and reject licenses to carry concealed guns in Cook County. Applicants would have to pay a $300 fee for a license. […]

Chicago Police spokesman Adam Collins said: “If a statewide law is not passed, the city is preparing to implement a comprehensive concealed-carry ordinance to ensure that guns stay out of the hands of criminals.” […]

Dart said he recently spoke to elderly people in the south suburbs. They complained that the police were unresponsive. Some said they were regularly burglarized while they attended church.

“It’s a matter of timing,” Dart said, noting that those people could have become homicide victims if they came home during a burglary.

Those are the types of people who might show a need for a concealed-carry permit, Dart said. But someone without a specific need for a gun would have difficulty receiving a license, he said.

Business owners who could hire armed security for protection also might have a hard time getting a license, Dart said.

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

Perhaps a donation the the mayors re-election fund will speed things up? Then you can carry a weapon on your own property. Sometimes.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 04:00 PM
PIKUACH NEFESH

Sportbike: Italian,British,Japanese,Czech
Years Riding: LONG TIME
How you found us: CRR

Pass the popcorn............
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 08:39 PM
-= OuterSpace =-

Sportbike: Yamaha YZ450
Years Riding: too many to keep track
How you found us: Shizzle

Won't they need to honor out of state CCW's? If so... get one from another state.

BAM!

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html

04 Yamaha YZ450F - Off-Road it, mang
06 Kawasaki BruteForce 750i
09 Yamaha Raptor 700r

- Mike - OldSkool - MC -
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolMC View Post
Won't they need to honor out of state CCW's? If so... get one from another state.

BAM!

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html
Doesnt work like that they need to be in agreement with each other and have the same standards or level of training hence why some states dont honor other states etc

Not sure why you posted the link as it doesn not apply to Il but in case you didnt scroll down it explains more

Quote:
Some states have reciprocity agreements with other states which means each state honors the other state’s concealed carry permit.

Example of concealed carry reciprocity between two states: State A accepts State B’s concealed carry permit holders to carry in State A and State B accepts State A’s concealed carry permitholders to carry in State B.

There are also some cases where State A will accept State C’s concealed carry permit holders but State C WILL NOT accept State A’s concealed carry permit holders. This is NOT reciprocity.

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

Good luck having Illinois have reciprocity or recognize any out of state CWL. Washington recently stopped having reciprocity with Florida because we allow those in the military that are under 21 to have a FLCW.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 05:52 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
I swear anybody in Illinois thinks they are going to get a CCW in the next 10 years has been smokin crack. This will be in the courts til we are old and gray.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Oh, and if they do actually issue and you get pulled over by a LEO for a traffic infraction and he asks if you are carrying, and you better say yes, that routine 10 minute stop will becoming a PIA 2 hour or longer ordeal....I guarantee it.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Wow he's slow...

Sportbike: CBR1000f
Years Riding: 40 years
How you found us: Web

Don't forget that Superintendent "Shoot out the lights" McCarthy has warned that CPD will likely be shooting CCW holders:
Quote:
“You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

McCarthy would not say what specific training officers will undertake if any. However, he did admit that in the past his department has made mistakes in shooting unarmed civilians. He believes the concealed carry law will increase those types of unfortunate incidents.
I like how everyone keeps ignoring the fact that the Circuit Court ruled as it did because constitutional rights were being abridged, but it will still somehow be OK for Chicago to abridge them? We need to pursue criminal charges for these people violating the constitution after being told not to formally.

Larry

When I was young, I dreamt of dying in battle while defending my country, my home or my honor against a horrible foe. After 20 years of riding a motorcycle on the street, I realize the statistical probability is that when I die, it will most likely be under the wheels be a fat woman in a mini-van who's just missed her exit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode