Maxons in Des Plaines... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Weapons & Hunters Corner For all your firearms, safety, weapon choice, hunting topic questions.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 30
 
Cool Maxons in Des Plaines...



Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I just bought my very first gun a couple days ago...my dream gun: Walther P99 9mm with the Titanium slide. I bought it at Maxons Shooting Gallery in Des Plaines. I can't bring it home until my FOID card comes in which should sometime early next week. I have been renting guns for now...I've tried the Glock 17, Sig Sauer P226, P229, S&W .357 Mag and the Walther P99. I liked the Walther best and that is why I bought it.

Any who...I was just wondering if any of you guys would like to meet up with me at Maxons and shoot some rounds together, talk bikes, etc...I need some shooting buddies...

Now that riding season is officially over its the only thinng I want to do but don't know anyone to go with. Anyone??

Heet Seeker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 11:53 PM
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
cool, welcome, i usually try to make each combat shoot over there when i can, only missed one and it was this month, me and a buddy usually kicks ass over there...lol

anyway, take it slow, and most of all take your time! and be safe with your firearm, speed with accuracy comes after.

if anything too, i go to mega alot in plainfield. youll love that range and j.r.'s everytime i go to maxxons i am blowing crap out of my nose for days, nice guys, nice owners, but honestly there range is out dated.

anyway, i am always up for shooting, and it funny too i shoot about 100 rounds a week no matter what and i still like to shoot.



Odysseys is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 30
 
cool...

Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys
cool, welcome, i usually try to make each combat shoot over there when i can, only missed one and it was this month, me and a buddy usually kicks ass over there...lol

anyway, take it slow, and most of all take your time! and be safe with your firearm, speed with accuracy comes after.

if anything too, i go to mega alot in plainfield. youll love that range and j.r.'s everytime i go to maxxons i am blowing crap out of my nose for days, nice guys, nice owners, but honestly there range is out dated.

anyway, i am always up for shooting, and it funny too i shoot about 100 rounds a week no matter what and i still like to shoot.
Awesome, maybe we could meet up sometime and you could teach me a few things. I met up with some guy today at Maxons whom I met over a Handgun Forum...cool guy but he only shoots about once a month. It be to make a couple shooting buddies cause as of now I'm having a hard time finding people to go with me. Yeah, I heard that range Plainfield is sweet.

Well let me know...
Heet Seeker is offline  
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 01:09 AM
CHeYeNNe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Nice looking gun. I'm hoping one of these days I'll find the time to START shooting and getting into the gun scene. I got to much going on right now to even find the time.

Welcome to the board also!!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 30
 
Good.

Quote:
Originally posted by CHeYeNNe
Nice looking gun. I'm hoping one of these days I'll find the time to START shooting and getting into the gun scene. I got to much going on right now to even find the time.

Welcome to the board also!!
Good deal, anyone else?
Heet Seeker is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 07:08 AM
Registered User
 
Labdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Roselle, IL
Posts: 9,589
Location: Roselle, IL
Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......
           
Re: Maxons in Des Plaines...

Quote:
Originally posted by Heet Seeker
[BNow that riding season is officially over [/B]
HEY!!! "Nothing is over till we decide it is!"


Actually i have been looking for a place relatively close to me for some shooting. Count me in. i also have a Lt. friend from Bloomingdale that wants to shoot as well.

Its not the best range but for a quick shooting why not!

Lets pop some paper!

<--Kelly

.

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50

Last edited by Labdog; 01-16-2004 at 07:10 AM.
Labdog is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 10:57 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 726
           
I shoot at Maxon every once in a while. I know a few of people that got spooked from going to that place when that guy put a 44 mag under his chin. That was a few months back though. I mostly go to Bell's in Franklin Park and a private range. I might be up for meeting up at a range in the NW Burbs. I better do some reloadin'!
mthal is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Registered User
 
Labdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Roselle, IL
Posts: 9,589
Location: Roselle, IL
Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......
           
Does not matter where to me lets just get a place that's convienant for us northwestlanders!

<--Kelly

.

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
Labdog is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 30
 
HOLY CRAP!!

Quote:
Originally posted by mthal
I shoot at Maxon every once in a while. I know a few of people that got spooked from going to that place when that guy put a 44 mag under his chin. That was a few months back though. I mostly go to Bell's in Franklin Park and a private range. I might be up for meeting up at a range in the NW Burbs. I better do some reloadin'!
Wait what do you mean some guy a .44 mag under his chin? He shot himself was the gun just messing around?

I know Maxons isn't the best when it comes to range shooting but its the closest to all the Chicagoland suburbs.

Well guys if any of you guys want to meet up with me sometime..PM me...
Heet Seeker is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 01:53 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 726
           
A guy paid the range fee and rented a 44 Magnum back in October I think. He pretended like he was going to shoot a target then put the gun under his chin and pulled the trigger. He committed suicide right there with other people on the gun range. Maxon got it on security tape. I guess this guy lost his job and his wife left him and took the kids. He didn't own a gun, so he rented one. I am just glad he didn't try to take anyone down with him.
mthal is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 30
 
Quote:
Originally posted by mthal
A guy paid the range fee and rented a 44 Magnum back in October I think. He pretended like he was going to shoot a target then put the gun under his chin and pulled the trigger. He committed suicide right there with other people on the gun range. Maxon got it on security tape. I guess this guy lost his job and his wife left him and took the kids. He didn't own a gun, so he rented one. I am just glad he didn't try to take anyone down with him.
OMG!! Damn!! Sh*T!! Wow!!

I wish I didn't know about that. Anywho who wants to go to Maxons?
Heet Seeker is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Registered User
 
Labdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Roselle, IL
Posts: 9,589
Location: Roselle, IL
Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......
           
Quote:
Originally posted by Heet Seeker
OMG!! Damn!! Sh*T!! Wow!!

I wish I didn't know about that. Anywho who wants to go to Maxons?
As long as they cleaned that shit up i am good to go. I'll let you know about next week Thursday.

<--Kelly

.

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
Labdog is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 02:10 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 726
           
Quote:
Originally posted by Labdog
As long as they cleaned that shit up i am good to go. I'll let you know about next week Thursday.
Yeah they cleaned it up. I was there a couple days after it happened.
mthal is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 02:28 PM
I'm always learning......
 
SloRoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southwest Suburbs
Posts: 5,778
Location: Southwest Suburbs
Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS
           
That is plain [email protected] up. I wonder if he bought some targets??

I can see him now.................

Him: Uhhh, I'd like to rent the most powerfull handgun ya have and one bullet please.

Clerk: O.K. sir. Here ya go. Have a nice day.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
SloRoll is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 06:14 PM
YO MAMA
 
Odysseys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Posts: 60,261
Location: balls deep in someones mom
Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!
           
hahaha



Odysseys is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 30
 
good...

Quote:
Originally posted by Labdog
As long as they cleaned that shit up i am good to go. I'll let you know about next week Thursday.
Yeah keep me updated...
Heet Seeker is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome